gauged and bled... i need some expert advice.

Discussion in 'Body Modification' started by zilla939, Feb 3, 2009.

1. zilla939

zilla939 Thought Police Lifetime Supporter

well, i had been at an 8g for a long time and finally decided to go bigger.

i had a 4g taper that i stretched to about a 6 with saturday afternoon, and last night (sunday) i went all the way down to the 4 on only one side and it bled a bit when i took the taper so i put it back in. it wasn't a lot of blood, but when i went to switch the taper for the eyelet this morning, it bled a bit as soon as i took the taper out.

now i have the eyelet in. it doesn't hurt more than normal, but i haven't ever bled before.

i put calendula ointment on it before stretching to soften it and help with the healing.

i guess my question is... if i ever want my gauges to shrink up again in the future, will they not do it properly because i ripped it some?

has anyone else had trouble with bleeding? i don't really want to do the other side the same way i did this side, i am holding off....

2. zilla939

oh and ehh on a happier note i got the other side of my navel done...

[​IMG]

3. aydinerro

aydinerro Member

If you bled you stretched too fast.
    Oh by the way it's called stretching not gauging. Gauge is a measurement.
    You can do sea salt soaks to make it heal up better.
    How long exactly were you at 8g?

It's true that ripping them has loads of negative
    -wrinkly fistulas...your ears look like cat butts
    -harder to shrink
    -the scar tissue thickens and its harder to stretch

I've torn my ear like 3 times. =/
    WAIT 1 or more months between stretches.
    Don't force it.

But there are many solutions
    -downsize for a month or so
    -oil massages with emu oil or jojoba
    -sea salt soaks
    all those will help get rid of the nasties you've created by tearing your ear.

4. zilla939

i was at 8g for about a year and a half.
    i am already doing sea salt soaks and i have used emu oil before but would rather not as i am a vegetarian. i will try jojoba oil.
    luckily my ear doesn't look like a cat butt... yet... but i am going to be a lot more gentle with the other side, it bled a little when i went down to a 6.... ugh. guess it has just been at 8 for so long it doesn't want to go down.
    thank you for your response :cheers2:

5. Dont think it'll affect shrinking I mean ive torn mine a few times and had a blowout :/ was at 26mm managed to shrink down to 10 quite easily, still looks a bit like a cats bumhole tho :/ lol

6. aydinerro

aydinerro Member

I'm a vegetarian too. ^_^
    I always use jojoba.
    When you massage it just rub it into your ear for like ten minutes. That should be good and when you do that you reduce scar tissue.
    Did you try the stretch just when you got out of the shower?
    That really helps.

7. zilla939

that sounds really pleasant, i can't wait to try... *runs to store*
    i did stretch it after bathing when it was moist and i put ointment on it too to help soften, it was just too much too soon :-/ but i got a 6g taper and a couple 6g tunnels online so when they come i will throw them in and all should be well i hope

8. scatteredleaves

scatteredleaves Smelly Hobo

belly looks cute :)

dude, you stretched waaay to fuckin fast. im not surprised you bled, and you really should take the eyelets out and put the 8g jewelry back in right now.
    only go ONE size at a time.
    you could have damaged your lobes, making them look ugly when you take the jewelry out or try to stretch higher.
    ik b/c ive got blowouts myself, i used to stretch like a dumbass. ive since been very well educated.
    so yeah, let them heal at the smaller size for about two months, then gently go to 6g and only if it doesnt hurt.

9. addictedt0chaos

addictedt0chaos Lunar Dreadlocks

LOL ^

A little blood is completely normal. Don't worry. Especialy when your skipping a size. I use something called ' holy butt'r ' you can find on www.bodayartforms.com

Its about 6 dollars and it keeps your ears soft and moisturized so when you do stretch it's a little easier. Also Jojoba oil will be your best friend, its the perfect lube for stretching and moisturizes at the same time.

Your ears are never going to go back the way they were before you stretched them so i wouldn't even bother worrying about that.

You didn't stretch to fast but after skipping a size it is a good idea to rest your ears for a little while!

10. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

They may shrink a little. I'm at a size 4. They fell out once and before I started to put them back in they had started closing. SO it might.
    And addicted is right, a little blood is normal.

11. zilla939

piss... i just ordered some stuff from BAF, dammit! i will check the holy butt'r out next time... but jojoba is awesome!

anyway, the piercing is doing fine - stopped itching today... looks healthy when i take out the eyelet, so yeah... i was worried about the bleeding, but it didn't bleed any more after that - i got a 6g eyelet but it kept falling out so i just put the 4g back in.. i will stretch the other side in march to be safe.

i'm very reassured right now that 2 of you are saying a little blood is ok...

thanks for your help guys and gals :D

12. scatteredleaves

LOL
    i think its great that you linked to BAF.
    i used to be a regular poster on their message board, and id sure like to see you share your idea of stretching there.

zilla: instead of asking for help here, try a body mod specific forum. BAF forums are one of the best but there are others as well.

13. raz5

raz5 زینب

so this is what happened to me, it varies with everyone but...

i had an eight in my ear, and i also wanted to get to four a four and i put a taper in, and ripped the shit out of it, my clear taper was all red and my ear hurt, but i got the four in. the other side i put a six in then put the four in, because i was in too much pain to shove the taper in blahblahblah a couple years and ears later i had my ears to 3/4 for a year and a half and i took them out in may 2006 for prom, i have no idear why, but i did and eventually i let them close up. my left ear (the one i didn't taper) looks normal, only the back got stretched and didn't close up all the way but you can't see it since it's in the back, my right ear on the other hand i could probably still fit a four gauge in it, i can still fit the bracelet glow sticks through it with no problem, and candy canes with no problem. so now februar 09 and the one ear is still gross, just from that one time!.

just make sure you take care of them from now on, and hopefully they'll turn out better then mine :)

14. addictedt0chaos

i would GLADLY share it there. Bleeding will happen if you skip, i wouldn't even call it bleeding. There is some blood around the ear, it happens mizz know it all. :D

15. sarahrei

sarahrei ~Lover~

Blood is a sign that you rushed it, it's not really ment to happen. As long as you aren't gushing blood then I wouldn't worry about taking it out and down sizing, I'm glad to hear its doing better.

Addictedt0chaos you are freakin' stunning girl. Holy crap *jealous*

16. scatteredleaves

oh believe me, i know all about bleeding from stretching. i ripped the shit out of my ears from skipping sizes. now, my ears look like crap b/c they are blown out.
    that is why you simply dont want to skip sizes.
    listening to your body and not doing anything that hurts is the superior way to stretch and will result in beautiful, healthy looking lobes. period.

17. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

Gauging=stretching. lol

18. MrDot

MrDot Senior Member

I hate how people say you gauged your ears to fast, maybe so, but some people need to quit being pussies. Seriously, there isn't a 90% chance that your ears will blow out and scar up. My bro n law went from 10 to four in one night, his ears are perfectly fine. Everytime I stretch my ears I jump one gauge everytime. I know at higher gauges it's not to good but eh, do what you want! Don't let people scare you and shit over something so stupid.

19. addictedt0chaos

20. aydinerro

aydinerro Member

Mr. Dot it really is stretching.
    Google that shit.
    GOOGLE IT! =D