Gary Busey

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by SpacemanSpiff, Mar 6, 2011.

1. machinist

machinist Banned Lifetime Supporter

He was also on celebrity rehab. It was nuts.

1 person likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What happened, why does he have his own thread

1 person likes this.
  3. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

He has his own thread because back in March of 2011 he was on Celebrity Apprentice

Hotwater

1 person likes this.
  4. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

Point Break.

I also confuse him with Nick Nolte though. I think they have the same Father [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. xenxan

xenxan Visitor

That and he reminds us of our crazy Uncle that never makes sense but after thinking about what they have said, they kind of make sense.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

wasn't there someone who's entertainment last name was the same, who played some kind of musical instrument in one of the big bands back in the 1930s or 40s?

that's the only connection i have in my mind. i really have no idea and less interest about anything that's been on tv for at least a couple of decades.
    (with the rare exception of anime, and if there has been anything resembling what real science fiction is about,
    which i don't see there being enough popular interest in for that to be likely)

i still don't know why 'celebraty' is even a thing. humans just aren't that interesting.

not as interesting as alternative infrastructure technologies, or the diversity of little furry things that live in the woods.

7. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

^^^^ and as if it were on cue.

8. Lynnbrown

Lynnbrown Firecracker

That is so true! lol

Even when they were at their acting peaks they had that "insane" look about them...and as they have aged, even though both are capable of cleaning up fairly well...they both still have that crazy look down real good. :D

Hey - insanity has its fans. ;)

9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

10. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

1 person likes this.
  11. egger

egger Member

Gary impersonated Billy Carter on an SNL sketch in the late 70's. He wouldn't answer to Roselynn Carter calling him, so she snapped open a can of beer. Billy heard it and came running in.

12. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Gary’s near death experience after his motorcycle accident really put the whammy on his head.
    He claims he died and went over to the other side and was surrounded by angels who told him of his importance to mankind [​IMG]

Hotwater

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

I see nothing wrong with feeling important ..seems like a better way to live than to feel unimportant

1 person likes this.
  14. Crystal_Nocked

Crystal_Nocked Members

Busey is hardly a genius.

Once a gifted actor, he has been suffering from psychological problems for over twenty years now.

These cognitive impairments stem from two primary causes.

A lifetime of alcohol and cocaine abuse.

And a serious head injury from a motorcycle accident back in the 1980s.

I met Mr Busey back in 2012 when he and his friend hired my company to shuttle him around the Central Texas Hill Country area in one of our helicopters so he could look for some property to purchase and develop. I in fact personally flew him on their first day. All told we spent about four hours in the air. Including a quick roundtrip to Houston just because he wanted to see the city skyline from the air.

The Man never ceases talking. Literally. In four hours he never went more than thirty seconds without talking. Ninety percent of his conversation is convoluted and pedantic philosophizing on the nature of society and mankind. At least it was that day.

It took every fiber in my being not to return to base and revoke his trip, return his fee, and just tell him I didn't want his business.

But I didn't. And if memory serves we took about $5000 from him for our aerial services over a couple days.

If he ever called us again though, I think I'd tell him we were booked up.

He's just too fucking annoying.

Cheers.

1 person likes this.
  15. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

Gadzooks!!! She looks like Gary. I find Gary Busey arresting - I'm always watching to see what he'll do or say next. He's interesting.

16. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

17. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

it's over booddiiiiiii maaaaaaaannn

18. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

19. deleted

deleted Visitor