Garden State

Discussion in 'Movies' started by drew172, Sep 10, 2005.

1. drew172

drew172 Senior Member

i watched most of the movie Garden State last nite.....just about form the part where he goes to the girls house(cant remember her name) to the end.....i liked this movie it really made me think and i thought it was really interesting....i also really liked the characters especially Natalie Portmans....she did a really good job...but something about her gave me the impression that she was seriously deppressed

anyone else enjoy this movie? thoughts, comments?

2. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

Yea it was cool idk it was funny and stuff but i really like the sountrack too i like the um let go song im listening to it now

3. localhippy

localhippy Senior Member

frou frou is amazing

4. fruit bat

fruit bat All dumplings are real.

Garden State is my FAAAAAVOURITE movie. Something makes me think it changed my life just a little. Anyhow, its amazing, the soundtrack is frickfracking craaaaazy good too.

Now that you mention it, she did seem depressed. I can see why..

5. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I liked it, had a depressed but real vibe..well done in the cinematic sense, I can relate, 'cept i never paralysed anyone

6. Burbot

Burbot Dig my burdei

i saw it a while ago, so im not sure if she was depressed or not [cause i cant remember it] but if thats true, its interesting that it took someonelses depression, and a relationship with that person, for Zach braff's character to cope with his [depression]

7. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

seamonster i couldnt have said it better

8. lovelikeair

lovelikeair Member

Garden State is one of my favorite movies, the characters were so well developed. And the soundtrack is amazing.

9. showmet

showmet olen tomppeli

The end is a bit annoying he should have died in a plane crash on his way home. That would have made it a perfect film. Otherwise it's merely great.

10. Style

Style Member

It was a good movie. I liked natalie portman in it and I wasnt expecting to. I thought the second half of the movie wasnt as great as the first half.

11. yovo

yovo Member

I watched it, snuggling with my, at the time, ex-girlfriend (who is now once again my ex-girlfriend) and it was wierd because the movie had all these wierd tie-ins with what was going on with us and our relationship dynamic (the fact that I'm a hopeless manic depressive, and she's the most adorable wierdo, and how she's my little piece of insane sanity, or something along those lines)...

...anywho, don't know why I felt compelled to share that, good movie, and if you bothered to read that you'll understand why I loved it...

...maybe...

...or maybe not?

..................someone please say something nice to me, I'm drunk (yay, for drinking alone!) and obsessing over stupid shit that's gone wrong, like the fact that my relationship has gone to shit, I'm broke, jobless and again living with my parents in this dead town...fuckin eh!