Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV' started by r0llinstoned, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

Well, i am not entirely satisfied by how the things have turned out.

2. lode

lode Banned

It was rushed like the rest of season 8.
    Give the throne to an ancillary character.

Ending was romantic though.

[​IMG]

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  3. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

Dany had to die. But she really did have to die. You could never have a respected government built on what she done. And top of all that, an aunt and a nephew, lovers ruling the seven kingdoms. That wouldn't have been breaking the wheel. That would have been more of the same. In a way, Dany needed to die to accomplish her primary goal. And she did. Jon was happiest in the true north. He's going back there to be with the free folk. He needs room to wander. He's got Tormond and Ghost. So happy for him, that he has a life now where he can breath and not feel burdened by responsibility or expectation. Jon finding the strength to kill Dany was great. It was a very optimistic ending which left so many paths open.

Visually, the episode was amazing as always. All the Drogon shots were awesome. I loved the throne melting scene. And Drogon flying Dany back to Volantis. Drogon would have destroyed Jon if he weren't a Targaryen. That was a great scene.

Mustard Tiger likes this.
  4. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

Ultimately, I like how the show was wrapped up. But i agree with you. It needed more time for the execution. More focus on dialog and character moments. Apart from it being squeezed, i think it works out for the best. A period of calm, of rebuilding, and knowing that the next monarch will be chosen not born eliminates a bunch of shit. Thing that ticks me off the most about season 8 is how so many beloved characters seem to lose their intelligence. They seemed to be less thinking, planning individuals with their own hopes and desires, and more plot devices. Cersei was the worst. Sansa maybe came off the best, as she was actively engaging the world and looking out for her and her people's interests in every circumstance, and learned her lessons well from Littlefinger.

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Well, to put it simply, season 8 definately not of the same calibre of season 5, season 6

I think the ep Battle of the Bastards was where the show peaked

6. Rushed and underwhelming i think. Still bloody good but should have been better

bekkie likes this.
  7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree Daenerys Targaryen had to die otherwise she would have tried to fulfill her pledge to free every slave on earth no matter how many innocent people she killed along the way.

As for who won the Game of thrones, there were a number of winners including Bran the Broken, Sansa Stark who’s now the Queen of the North, Arya Stark, whose on a great adventure to see the world, a
    nd Tyrion Lannister who despite his size is a natural born survivor. As for the losers Jon Snow, Drogon; who lost his mother, and Grey Worm who lost the love of his life.

8. hotwater

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ugh, at least one of the love stories should have had a happy ending god damn it!

And it should have been Grey worm and Missandei god damn it

Hashtag Still Angry

hotwater likes this.
  10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Grey worm :tearsofjoy:

11. hotwater

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Irm, I can almost picture the meme you've been posting.........

[​IMG]

12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Haha, I read names like Grey Worm, and I'm like.. Yeah, no wonder I didn't like it. :tearsofjoy:

hotwater likes this.
  13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm only shit stirring though lol, I don't think any less of anyone that does like it lol, I have my own dumb shows I watch and stuff like my music taste that nobody likes and is dumb to other people :p

When it all comes out in a big boxset, and I find that boxset at 50% off value, I'll probably buy it... And it'll sit in my DVD box for years, just like Vikings has that I haven't watched yet after buy it years ago. But the point is, I will probably watch it one day.

14. hotwater

When you do get around to watching Vikings you're gonna love it

Irminsul likes this.
  15. hotwater

16. hotwater

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm tempted to watch Vikings or at least start on it, this weekend.

hotwater likes this.
  18. hotwater

On some thread dedicated to GOTs

bekkie likes this.
  19. hotwater

[​IMG]

McFuddy and bekkie like this.
  20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I pulled out my Vikings blu ray set. Season 1-4.is thay all? I had buying boxed sets that aren't finished and then the others don't work so you wait for the the whole series to buy it again..

Oh yeah I haven't watched it yet lol. I agree with miss we finish watching this season of 70s show then get back to X Files before we completely lose touch... It's been like a year.