Game Of Thrones

Discussion in 'TV' started by r0llinstoned, Mar 10, 2015.

1. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I'm excited for the final episode but this shit just needs to end already. The first 4-5 seasons were much better, imo. It'll still go down as one of the best shows in history, for our time at least.

McFuddy likes this.
  2. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Oh, yep forgot him.

Fun fact: he looks exactly like my dad used to, same haircut, same beard, same build, even similar face. So the character is a bit weird for me

3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I have no idea what this show is about. How many seasons are there? I could easily google this.

4. r0llinstoned

It's on the 8th and final season.

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. this is fun

this is fun Banned

I've watch various bits and pieces of it. I think i will have to get the whole box of the show and watch it from the word go.
    Don't understand it because i haven't been interested in it.
    My brother and his girlfriend love it. They are huge fans of the series.

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

You called it but I chalk it up to the fact that the writers had to stretch it out

7. r0llinstoned

It's worth watching from the beginning but gonna be hard to avoid spoilers from now on

8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

9. hotwater

10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

11. hotwater

Vanilla Gorilla likes this.
  12. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

So who got killed this week?

13. hotwater

[​IMG]

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It was probably that guy.

15. r0llinstoned

Well, thoughts on the final episode that aired tonight? I dont wanna spoil it for anyone so maybe ill wait till tomorrow to post my thoughts

16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Final episode? Lol was the last season like 4 episode?

17. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

20190520_170930.jpg

I would definitely trust Necro's review.

18. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Shit and dumb ending IMO

19. Sinead 1965

Sinead 1965 Members

I'm actually really okay with this ending. It's not a hero's ending in any way. The whole series has pointed to this happening and anyone who expected a happy ending was delusional. This is probably more of a controversial opinion but I'm so glad there was no Arya killing Dany scene or Bran warging into a dragon. I've always disliked the more magical and fantasy parts of the show (including the white walkers). So i'm glad that there wasn't some deus ex machina kind of way to save Jon.The first parts of the episode with Dany giving her speech and Jon killing her were great imo. Simple and to the point, very heart felt and generally a good tragic end to that story, Very beautifully shot too. I actually really like the Stark's endings. Jon being king felt really cliche to me and while it would technically be a "good" ending it still felt to generic for me. I like the idea that he goes north and he is with Tormond and Ghost. Arya sailing off made perfect sense and the north being independent was great. It had a great sense of closure and I did feel it really captured that Bittersweet feeling.
    It would of been so much better had season 7 and 8 just been 10 episodes a piece. Just a little more time to flesh out the story points and make them feel earned. The Bad:

That "trial" scene was just really forced and weird. It went from Jon killing Dany to everyone seemingly chummy and sitting around the dragon pit. I just had to guess that a lot of time had past. It felt really out of place and didn't convey the gravity of the situation. I would of much preferred it if they had at least shown that the Unsullied still held the city and that there were armies waiting outside. Make the tension of the situation more known.

Bran being king is technically a good idea. But it just really feels out of nowhere. Why was anyone else okay with this? Sansa said she wanted to be independent, why the didn't the iron islands and Dorne say the same thing? My personal vote would be that no one is king. It just doesn't make sense anymore.

That council scene was pretty silly. I mean Sam practically winks at the camera when he says "its called a Song of Ice and fire" then they started making jokes. Idk some of it was good, anything with Davos is good, but man it just felt forced.

Speaking of which Tyrion should of died. His "punishment" is dumb and Grey Worm should of known that. Jon's death would of started a war so that makes sense. But Tyrion being hand of the king felt really cliche and dumb. I love Tyrion but he should of died. Pod is now a kings guard? Why? Give him knighthood let him get married and have kids, why does he need to be in the kings guard. for that matter why the hell is Brienne in the kings guard? Shouldn't she be serving with Sansa? Not bad just odd.

Bronn being at the council felt like that whole Q rating meme. On one hand I get it and kind of like it. He was a cut throat just like all the other houses and its very thronesy to put him there. But I don't think the season earned that.

bekkie likes this.
  20. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

See, first paragraph you are positive, but then the next 5 paragraphs, you are like, hang on, yeah, this was dumb, that was dumb, this was dumb.

For me: first off, how did she not see it coming, serious, as if she wouldnt be suspicious enough to not be alone with Jon.

Then everything after that was just dumb. Bran - dont do anything and everyone puts you in charge, which happens never.

Grey worms so sure of himself after the dragons gone, nup nup

After he knifed her, was fully expecting the I am Aegon Targaryen rightful heir speech, Drogon standing behind him roaring, he was the main character.....but no, instead he just goes camping with the wildlings.... blah

Then theres the scene near the end where they are sitting round the table talking sewer maintenance ugh.

Just nup, these last two eps where just shite