Gaining weight?

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by bluediablo, Feb 9, 2009.

1. bluediablo

bluediablo Member

o.k i have been a veggie eater for roughly 4 months now, but i noticed i have lost some weight (used to weight 11st, now i weight 10st since i stopped eating meat.)

i know putting on muscle is a good and healthy way to put on weight, but is there anything that could help me put on that extra 1stone (must be a healthy way), any meals? any ingrediants? fruits?

how about bread? i heard bread is good for putting on weight...

2. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Well, do you want it to be good weight, or bad weight?

If bad, just start gorging on junk food. Believe me, I can tell you from personal experience that it works ;)

3. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

you have to be careful with carbs when your vegan/vegetarian, because alot of people lose control and cant control their carb intake which is very unhealthy.
    i would say maybe start eating alot of beans since they have protein and depending on how strict your lifestyle is then maybe milk and eggs??

4. bluediablo

bluediablo Member

i already mentioned i want to put on 1 stone in a healthy way :cool:

5. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Oh. I can't read. My bad.

Uhhh...

Maybe lots of pasta? I don't know. I don't really know anything about nutrition :/

6. spowle10

spowle10 Member

I am in the same boat as you bluediablo! Though i have been veggie for nearly a year now, i did notice a sharp loss in weight at first and then over time as i got better with the veggie diet i gained back about half that which i lost, but now my weight is settled there. So i would be interested in what people say in response to your post because id like to put weight on too! And im even slimmer than you :eek:

7. bluediablo

bluediablo Member

hear hear...

just out of interest how much did you weight before u became a veggie and how much do you weight now?

8. Argiope aurantia

Argiope aurantia Member

I had the opposite effect, but I was under a LOT of stress at the time. It's going away now.

9. MoonDoggie

MoonDoggie Member

I'm glad you guys want to gain weigh intsead of staying [too] thin. How tall are ya by the way?
    Luckily I'm a bit of a health nut and have tips on gaining weigt. Try eating 3,000 calories a day and snack on nuts. 3,000 might sounds like a lot but this is how much calories underweight people are encouraged to have (for gaining). Once you reach your goal weight you can reduce this to 2,000 calories. You'd be susprised at how much [good] fats that pastashios have. Peanut butter on wheat bread is great too, try to spread as much of it as possible on whole wheat bread. If you have to, make a journal keeping track of how many calores your getting a day so you get a good idea of how much you'll need. Good luck, and if you need help you can message me.

10. spowle10

spowle10 Member

Hey Bluediablo

I usually hate talking about my weight haha because people tend to go :O when they find out how much i weigh. But currently 8st, or 114lb, i have always been v slim though, the heaviest ive ever weighed was eight and a half stone, i was even underweight as a baby haha.

So as you can imagine, desperate to find out how to put more weight on safely! I eat like a horse seriously, people at my old job kept asking me if theirs anytime im not eating because every time they turned round i was eating something else haha.

Might take you up on that offer MoonDoggie! I never knew that about pistashios ill give them a try too :)

Ta :)