G-8

Discussion in 'Protest' started by WayfaringStranger, May 26, 2004.

1. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

well the G-8 summits rolling into town in about a week. i was so looking forward to sitting on the tops of some buildings and watching the protesters get shot at. but it turns out im leavin town before they get here. i wish i had a car so i could stay and watch, then drive up to the bonnaroo, but i dont so i cant. is anyone gonna be there? maybe take some pictures and post em here?

2. sweatininthesouth

sweatininthesouth Member

wayfaringstranger, are you in Atlanta???

We're actually heading down to the GA coast this wknd. Don't know what to expect, probably alot of secret service folks, dark glasses types. I'm sure it's nutty down there....may try to crash the gates!! Just kidding. :)

3. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

We live in GA but we're not going to be able to attend this years festivities :rolleyes: I was going to offer our services and maybe let some pholks stay with us who were coming through from out-of-state, but no one's ever taken us up on the offer. Too bad, because I was really looking forward to hearing some first-hand accounts of GA's southern hospitality (ahem...state of emergency)

Ooooh, y'all should read what this forum has to say about it. What assholes.

4. WayfaringStranger

update: martial law declared in savannah a couple days ago.

5. moonshyne

Shoot to kill....

How's that for hospitality?

We're in for quite a summer.

6. WayfaringStranger

hahahah im leavin in a couple of days . .. never comin back to this swamp ever!

7. moonshyne

AHHH...TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!

I swear if the cops don't kill us the heat and humidity will.

8. thespeez

thespeez Member

In an effort to educate and inform attendees and others, today (june 8th) around midday, the local Libertarian Party activists will hold in Morrell Park in Savannah a 'freedom rally' by the ferry dock en route to Hutchison Island. In addition to local candidates, presidential hopeful Michael Badnarik is scheduled to speak at about 1:00.
    http://www.badnarik.org/EventCalender
    http://www.sc.lp.org/G8PR.html

Badnarik will also speak at the Parade for Peace rally at 5:30.
    http://freesavannah.com/g8/a2.htm

9. menlo1

menlo1 Member

I remember the G8 summit last summer in Europe. The black limos were supposed to pull up to the front door with everyone walking in on the red carpet. There were so many protestors that the limos had to drive down the back alleys and go in the back doors. It looked pretty funny seeing expensive cars squeezing through the alleys with litter all over the place.

Of course, none of this was shown on the American news networks. I had to find it on the news channels outside the U.S. using a dish.