Futures betting

Discussion in 'The Future' started by TrumpCards, Aug 23, 2018.

1. TrumpCards

TrumpCards Visitor

There doesn’t look like there’s a topic for sports, so I’ll try posting here.

I’m reluctant to try futures betting on the Super Bowl this year. The New England Patriits are 7/1 for winning it all. Which means if I bet on them each year from now on, I should win at least once within 7 tries. However, when it comes to gambling, I’m usually conservative.

Also, this article:

Tom Brady surprisingly hints that retirement could come as soon as next year

suggests that Tom Brady will retire after the next Super Bowl. If Tom Brady does win one more Super Bowl, then it seems now is the time to start on futures betting, since he probably wants to go out on top like Peyton Manning.

Thoughts?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

what is futures betting? just betting on games that aren't in the immediate future?

NFL teams change so much each year, a 7/1 chance of winning this year's super bowl in no way translates to a 7/1 chance of winning the next 7 super bowls. except in the case of the patriots of course; they are the NFL's favorite team so they will probably have a pretty good chance for many years to come.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Yeah, it's where you bet on a team now to win the superbowl or something, or at the start of the year bet who's going to win the competition or division etc.

The odds for these generally start out good, and when a team gets a roll and we'll supported throughout the year the value decreases so it's better odds to put your money on it now, of course, injuries play a factor throughout the season, the team might just be shit or lose close games and you might miss the bet.

Anyway, when Brady plays the Broncs later in the season, Von Miller and co. are gonna dig him a grave so ill give you a pointer, don't bother. :tonguewink:

4. DronFee1

DronFee1 Banned

You know, betting on sports it the easiest way to make money nowadays. At least it's the easiest way from the ones I know. We all love a type of sport about which we have some ideas and can bet. But a bookmaker can give us money for that. Well, that's the basic of betting on sports. Today it's not like 20 years ago, when you had to go in town to bet. Nowadays that's done from home, sitting in front of your PC or Smartphone, using bookmakers like 888sport. 888sport is the bookmaker that I use for betting on sports. If you want to try it, get the 888sport promotion code for which you'll receive £30 bonus.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

ecopocalypse is the one future you can bet on. its only a matter of how much will we or wont we do to keep it from getting how worse the depth of it will be.
    will there be small villages of genetically mutated human descendents, or nothing directly descended from the human genome surviving at all.

6. When I chose a site with good sports betting, I looked at a lot of information on review sites.

Comparing the advantages of different sites, I think I chose a good one, here is just a good review about it https://bestesportsbettingsites.net/ggbet-review/

So far, it is profitable and there are no problems with the conclusion

7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

don't see how this relates.

making everything have to be about money doesn't make the world a richer place. it makes it a poorer one.

8. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

I don't wager. I used up all of my good luck when I found my Beloved.

9. MixyGrism

MixyGrism Newbie

I am waiting for this year's Super Bowl. It is the most awaited event by me in the year. But, of course, I like making bets, and I don't know why but betting on Super Bowl matches was always very profitable for me. Also, I found of website that posts NFL Computer Picks, and I tried it on some minor matches, and it worked. So, I am going to use it on Super Bowl and see if it really works. But, I trust it because it uses a computer for analyzing all the data bout the teams in the game, and after finishing, it makes a pick who will win the match.

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

might belong in something to do with game theory.
    it does influence the psycho-social world, but its only relation to the physical universe is behaviors it motivates which may then in turn do so.