Future of america

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by Moonfox13, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Moonfox13

Moonfox13 Member

As you should know, Marijuana has been legalized in Washington and Colorado.
    What if, After a few more elections, pot was legalized in all states? How do you Think legalization will affect american life and politics?

2. AmericanTerrorist

AmericanTerrorist Bliss

I think the feds would have to get involved then and they would but I'm not sure what they'd do about it. It might be not much they could do. Do you actually see that happening anytime soon, btw?

3. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

I think it will happen in my lifetime.

My guess is the Feds will tax it to death and everyone will go back underground.

4. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Yeah, I'm already considering just growing it once it's legalized. But most likely the prices would go down (as usually happens when something is introduced to free market capitalism)

5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

It was barely defeated here in Oregon and there are already plans to introduce a new bill for the 2014 midterm elections. I would imagine other states will do the same.

6. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

If someone like RJ Reynolds produces it on a large scale yes, even with all the taxes it should still be cheaper than tobacco. It's easier to grow and requires less processing.

I don't see the feds letting go of this one anytime soon though...:(
    Stp I'm surprised you of all people are even entertaining the notion.

7. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i would be extremely surprised.

8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

The DEA will make the decision on a federal level, and they will never legalize. To do so threatens their jobs. If weed is legal they do not need the funding or man power they have now. They are corrupt and enjoy their current answer to no one status.

The best we can hope for is so many states do, it basically becomes legal.

9. Sleeping Caterpillar

Sleeping Caterpillar Members

honestly i think it would be fun if it were never legal on a federal level. That way the states can divide by their opinion, people have a right to be against marijuana if they'd like, and we should support a place where they live that lifestyle, but for the rest of us, give us what the majority wants if we plan to continue this died out idea of a democracy.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

if I lose another loved one to alcohol, I will go on a firebombing arson spree and hit every fucking liquor and beer store I can before they shoot me dead.. I just dont give a fuck!!
    ot... because I feel like it..