Funny Things your kids do

Discussion in 'Parenting' started by sugrmag, May 19, 2004.

1. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

My 15 month old is the cutest thing ever! My favorite thing she does right now: When she is running around w/o a diaper on, if someone says "Booty-smackers" or "Spank the Heiny" she smacks her little butt-cheek! Anyone else got cute/funny things their kiddies do?

2. CrAzYStaRR

CrAzYStaRR Member

Thats too cute!

My boyfriend has both his arms covered in tattoos, and now anytime my daughter gets ahold of a pen, she trys to draw all over her arms to be like her daddy.

Then the other day, I gave her a cookie and left the cookie jar on the kitchen table, well, I didnt realize it, but she snatched it, and took it in her room and put it by her chair.
    For 2 days I couldnt figure out why she didnt really want to eat lunch or dinner!
    I went into her room yesterday to put a movie on for her, and she was sitting in her chair, butt naked with the cookie jar in her lap, and a mouth full of cookies.
    She's such a chunky monkey!

3. Hippie_Muncher

Hippie_Muncher Member

My oldest who is 26 months is the most adorable thing in the world. Whenever he is in trouble he, in a high little polite voice, says hi, Hi, HI, hi, HI hi hi hi until he is "forgiven" lol
    Also If I ask him "What day is it Alex?" he says"Tadaey" It is really the cutest thing In the world!
    We also got him to answer another quesiton
    "Alex how old are you ?"
    He holds up his hand and tries to make two with his fingers and he says "Teeeeeeww"

I love kids!

I wish Alex would do the Spank my heiny thing lol that is really too cute for words!

4. Dakota's Mom

Dakota's Mom Senior Member

We ask Dakota where his body parts are. You know, like "where's your eyes" "Where's you nose". When we ask him "Where's your butt" he smacks his heiny. I also do the "Got your nose"thing with your thumb between the first two fingers. When I say "Got your nose" He'll hold up both fists and make some kind of sound like he's trying to do the sme thing to me. But he can't figure out how to get his thumb in between the other fingers.

Kathi

5. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

When we ask Virginia where her nose is, she puts her finger UP it!

6. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Our dd Sage is 4. The other day she was sitting and looking around. The she looked very serious and said, "Mama, do cows have birthdays?"

7. Hippie_Muncher

Hippie_Muncher Member

OMG MAggie that is TOO CUTE!

8. TerrapinRose

TerrapinRose Member

IF you ask Xander (almost 16 months old) "where's your tongue?" he'll poke it out at you. Also if you ask him what a big dog says he pants. If you ask him to be a yoga-baby he puts his head down and butt up in the downward dog pose.

9. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

When Virginia was learning how to stand up without holding on to anything, she did downward dog, too. It was so funny.

10. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

arianna is at that stage where she is really articulating her needs and the things around her. however her enunciation is not always what it should be.
    whenever we play pool she always asks for the "bull dick" (hehe. that's her poolstick, its really really hard to not laugh)

11. NightOwl1331

NightOwl1331 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

These are all so funny! I can remember a few funny things that my siblings have done:

* The other day my sister went to fill the dog's water bowl. They have a fridge with a water and ice dispenser on the door and you have to press the right button to get water or different kinds of ice. Well she wasn't paying attention and put ice in the dog's bowl! We were hysterical laughing! But then it got better...some ice fell on the floor and the dog ran right to it and smelled it. Well...it stuck to his face!!!! The poor thing was running around trying to get it off!

* When one of my brothers was little he was sitting in his car seat and he startd shouting, "There's bugs on my legs!" So, I turned around the check him and found no bugs. Eventually we realized that his legs had fallen asleep!

* One of my brothers kept telling us that he'd seen a car without skin and we had no idea what he was talking about. Then one day in the car he pointed out one of those "cars without skin"...it was a dune buggy. lol!

* my youngest brother had a speech problem when he was younger and he had some funny words for things. I remember he called Kool-Aid "Tool Aid." He also couldn't say my name...and you know what he called me? "Titsy" lol!!!

12. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Night Owl, it is so nice to see a big sister so involved with her little sibs. My older kids are like that too. It is sweet!

Last night I was getting Sage ready for bed, and I washed her face and hands and neck and she said, "Mama, can you get my legs?" So I washed her legs and I said, "Good thing you asked, I'm glad you noticed your legs were pretty grungy." And she said, "Nah, I don't care about Grunge, I was just hot."

13. Brighid

Brighid Member

Candice liked to help me cook. When she was about three, I was making soup and she was running to the fridge to get the veggies.

"Candy, can you get me the carrots?" and she would run and bring them.
    "Candy, can you get me the potatoes?" and she would run and bring them.
    I said, "Candy, can you bring me the escallions?" off she would go.
    "Candy, can you bring me the thyme?"
    She ran to the fridge, shut the door, and said, "I don't see it Mama!"
    "It's right there on the door." I said.
    She opened the fridge, stared at the door, and shut it, and came running back, without the thyme. She proudly exclaimed;

"I found it, Mama! It's nine thirty!"