Funds required for entry?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Trinster23, May 4, 2007.

1. Trinster23

Trinster23 Member

Hi...
    I am coming from Australia to Canada on May24th and have just been told that I need to show that I have funds in my bank account to support myself......even though i have a friend that will be paying for all my expenses...accommodation, food etc.
    I was initially told all that i would need was a letter from him to satisfy the port of entry officers that i would be supported financially.

Now i have been told that is not enough, i still need funds in my bank account.

I contacted the travel agent where i booked my flight and they told me that if I am staying under 3 months i do not need proof of income ( i am only staying one month)....but the Canadian embassy here in OZ have not been clear about that 3 month period and said that I do need funds....the travel people argue saying they have sent many people in my situation ( no cash in the bank) with no problems with thier entry to Canada....i am running out of time for more specific answers from them.

Thanks....

2. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

you not trying to scam anyone, are you

3. blinkin

blinkin Senior Member

you need 100 dollars a day for every day you are planning to be here thats the rule of thumb for entry

4. Trinster23

Trinster23 Member

Thats cool..i did just that...and it just so happened they didnt even check, they were more concerned in immigration that i was coming to see somebody i had never physically met but anyway...here is an update in this new thread, and some more queries about what i should do now? Thanx guys ur super duper.http://hipforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3534004#post3534004

And........i dont know what Pax man was talking about...scamming how?

5. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

maybe he thought you were asking for money to get across the border...