Full Spectrum lighting

Discussion in 'Cannabis Grow Rooms and Greenhouses' started by Chaotic, Jan 27, 2005.

1. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

-Lets all grow some thicker skins. :)

2. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

your the shit lumpy
    way i see it you are they only person here so far who actually understands where i was coming from. or the only one to publicly admit it so far.
    but then you were here before either me or guy rolled around.
    it's sad people gotta get so serious over little shit.
    personally if i buy a light it will be because i have plants already growing that need the light now. 1,000 dollars for two hydrofarm systems had us starving that week. but my plants have already compensated in weight and health, and the lights have only been on since jan 9. in the three weeks i would have waited to get something on line, i have grown well over 1/4 pound just on three plants that were coming out of the preflower stretch at the time i added light.
    i got thirty more 3 weeks behind those now.
    i feel comfortable with the investment, those 600's radiant ballasts put out a steadier glow than any hid i have seen . even the quality 430 i have flickers perceptibly. but not the radiants. steady as a rock.
    my opinion is i'll pay now because i cannot wait- i got an anxiety disorder . it is not healthy for me to stress on things.
    lumpy, i know you get lights from inside sun, yet your grow is no way even close to rat ass or hobby, a totally professional setup. im glad you did not take my rants seriously. someone must have pissed me off for me to get that crazy.
    actally i took a peek at guys cabinet once a few months back when he was building it. i thought it looked pretty cool, now i think he can keyster it for all i care.
    tiedye

3. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I think he means guy smiley to be the one feeling that slightly puckered vacuum Lumpy. I just came in from checking my LST work on the blue thunder and associates. On all 5 I was fairly agrssive with the first tydown, though not radical. and then I waited a little too long (4 days) before checking/retying and they all had formed a nice curve and were shooting straight up again and when retying them today, showed weaknes at the point where the first string tie had been and one of them shows a wound and the second one broke straight off. So I mixed up some spagnum/vermiculite/perlite and dipped the end of the broken top in some rooting+cloning solution and stuck it in the soil mix. Will report on the progress. LESSON: when doing lst, check the growing tip you've bent down in 1 or 2 days and keep nudging it toward the horizontal without giving it too much change to go straight up past the curve.b1

4. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

One last time you fucking mental case. You called my grows rat ass and then at another post made more insulting assumptions, other people here even know you did. I went off on you because you directly insulted me for no reason and then tried to turn it around to me me look like the aggressor. You have much more than an anxiety disorder. I went to different threads because you were insulting me in different threads. Are you really that fucking burnt out, or is it just an act? Dude, sleeping on a couch so you can grow pot in your bedroom? You need serious mental help....

LUMPY....: I hate to say it, but you have been wrong in the past about people's intentions, so your perceptive isn't very valid to me. You seem like a good guy though.

I just can't believe that this fucking reject starts shit with me, I blast back, and now I'm the asshole....it doesn't make any sense. How did I offed B1v? Man, you guys REALLY need to stop trying to anaylize situations. Just see them for what they are, no puzzle pieces behind the arguement between me and TD420.

If some of you dunces would just go back and READ the fucking posts you will see that he FIRST insulted me by calling my grows "rat ass"...THEN he referred to me as acting "high and mighty" and "uppity" to newbies, two more insults. Meangreen shares the same opinion I do about some of the same issues and NO ONE said anything to him. This is like a fucking joke and you guys deserve each other.

I can't believe I am back here replying to this again, but I just can't believe how dumb some of you are, hahahahaha!!!! It's almost like yesterday never occured for some of ya'.....

5. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

will you quit trying to drag meangreen into this.
    he has lost interest in this long ago.
    im out of here.

6. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

><>**^^~~ -Hey Guy! :) I think you offended him when you said he was "Tweeked". -I cant speak for him tho.... >>--You got a mutual problem with TD. Not everyone elce. TD offended you and you alone. -The reason for that is because I didnt get offended. -I got my current lights at Inside sun too. -I share your views about Inside Sun also.. -Almost to the letter! -But I chose not to take offence. -As a mater of fact, when you voiced your opinion on hydroponics I chose not to be offended by your generelazation. -Its rreally no big deal. :) -I guess I just figured Id say this to try and calm things down here a bit. -Nuff said on my part tho, I hope yous can come to terms! :)

7. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

here here
    take a toke of this guy
    we can all mellow out man.
    smoke a fatty and let it ride, don't sweat the small shit.

8. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

Well, TD's comment about rat ass grows wasn't generalized, it was directed at me and he's even admitted to that in other postings. Why can't you see that I got pissed because his comments were directed at ME. I just can't go on with this anymore. While you guys are busy trying to make it seem like I am the issue, I will be tending to my Shiva Skunk. Which, BTW, are starting to turn some nice colors, so you can hang on to that mid grade bud you got dying over at your pad...ok TD420? I'll just smoke the "rats ass" buds below...... My pic quota is up, so I'm gonna' split. ....:

9. Mighty Mezz

Mighty Mezz Member

Well Gentlemen…I am sorry to see the Forum descend into a pissing contest. I found almost all the posts to be informative and entertaining (although I did not have to answer some of the more ludicrous questions as some of you patiently did). GuySmiley, thank you for your posts that answered my questions in an articulate and logical manner. That LST method is inspiring. Best of luck to you in the future..and the same to the rest of you. Your efforts are to be applauded.

10. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

-Verry nice lookin weed GS/MP :) ! -I just pulled 4 flowers out of my flower room this mornin :) ! -Whens the last time you used Inside Sun and how long did your order take? -I just got back from Fox Electric and they didnt have the 400 watt kits like I posted about before. -When I went to getem they turned out just to be 400 watt BALLAST kits, not the whole kit like I thought. -I knew it sounded too good to be true, $54. -Anyhow, a while back I made 2 seperate orders at IS, a bit over a year ago. One order took 2.5 months to get to me and the other was wrong, just a bit off, but wrong and late also. -Annyhow. -Bein these lights I was gonna get from Fox Electric didnt pan out Im probably gonna order from Mike again. -I was just wondering if you had any recent transactions with him and if you did, howd it go. --I got no problem with their products.

11. GuySmiley

GuySmiley Member

I haven't delt with Mike in a long time. I don't here very good things about his service. It's the same shit with him....good products, horrible friggin' service.

12. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

--Yea. you aint kiddin! -Il prolly be orderin in a week or so, Il let you know how it worked out. Hes gotta know theres even threads about his ledgendarily shitty service. -As far as his products go tho, -I got two 400watt hps's from him about a year and a half ago and their still runnin strong. -Thank for the word! :)

13. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

MY point of view is in the three weeks or so it would have taken to get a light online, i was able to grow enough nugs to compensate for the expense. i been having to pay like 250 for a decent ounce around here on the inbetweens. this tasty ass 'grapes of wrath' strain goin around mendocino. but i got tired of spendin mass cash, and already had a grip of perpetual cuttings going. So i lit em up good.
    now all i buy is a 20 dollar ounce of mids for her, because of the pain she smokes pretty heavy. but 20 bucks for an oz of michoacan isnt bad.
    i rarely can bring myself to smoke any, but she likes it well enough.
    hey lumpy i was over in your gallery last night- lookin good my man, that was kinda how i pictured you setup in my head.
    guy yours looks great too,and to be 100% honest ,inside sun crossed my mind while i was purchasing- but i cannot wait no 3 weeks.
    and i plan on running them the rest of my life, so i went with hydrofarm at my local supplier. Im really happy i got those lights, but sorry if i started shit with you guy.
    im just happy as a pig in shit with my purchase is all.
    they were plugged in on jan 9. and already earned their keep.
    this humbolt is so compact i can barely do a bong in one rip.
    they were 3 weeks 12/12 under the 430+150 combo i was running[the one im smoking now, there were two hummers and a kush on this earlier cycle. the first one i took cloudy and the second will get amber before i touch it.
    then by march 9 i'll have about ten of each, and some of the mutant ones.
    that mutant turned out to be one of the tastiest herbs i ever smoked, but the buds are small and compact. it seems to have a higher thc content than most kind strains, i hated to quit cloning from it.
    but there is too much work to do in the budroom still, and im gonna use up some older seedstock this year.it's time to break out the first generation of my outdoor seeds i made in 1999/ 2000. now that im beginning to get the indoor trip rockin.

14. LuMpYtRiChOmEy

LuMpYtRiChOmEy Member

Yeaaaa Boogers! -But theyl prolly take 6 weeks! :)

15. b1v2w3

b1v2w3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I hear you guys kicking various suppliers of lights around still! As I've mentioned before, I am using PFO lighting and they have been swift (5 days max), stock what you want, give good advise when you call (800#) and are priced within the range y'all are mentioning. Just thought I'd remention this.b1

16. Chaotic

Chaotic Member

wow ...... to think i started this with just asking if anyone out there had "used" a dual spectrum light source and if so what were the "Pro's and Cons" from their experience?!
    Its been a long time since i laughed so hard reading post after chaotic post...I think in the future i will choose a wiser handle for this forum hehehehehe....

"Cant we all just get abong" Rodney King

17. Chaotic

Chaotic Member

personal of course "mud hunter"

18. Mud_Hunter

Mud_Hunter Member

wow...a question answered from the pre-war days :p

19. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

my 430 burned out
    O what misery
    I took my 175 watt halide
    and my 150 watt spotlight
    and proceeded to install both bulbs into the old hood from the 430 system
    a perfect match
    my two week old seedlings have been under this light for around five- 6 days now
    this light rocks big time.
    I realize it is only a 325 watt dual
    i use discount hydro to check for online prices because they are the cheapest supplier of high end systems i have found online.
    I called the hydro store i use and got a qoute of 444 for a 800 watt dual system
    THOSE are going to be my next two lighting purchases are two 800 watt dual systems
    444 each with the a/c fittings and extraas. I think that is cheap for what i will be getting. Im restricted for space so two ballasts and two bulbs in one box/hood sounds like a wise move for me. I already have four balllast boxes going and 8 would be insane for a 6x8 area. but 6 is rackable.. L.O.L.

20. tiedye0420

tiedye0420 Member

by the end of summer i plan to run 100 watts per square foot, with 900 cfm of intake/exhaust each direction. A/C for backup over 90 degrees, which will shutdown 600 cfm worth of fans when it comes on.
    for me growing indoors. I have a simple philosiphy.

I want to give them room to grow,and plenty of lighting/ventillation for the area im using to grow.Im finding 100 watts per square foot is doable without co2 if you have adequate ventillation to replenish the air rapidly enough.The plants can still use the extra lumens if they can process heat with fresh air.
    Im running 42.36 watts per square foot at the moment,
    and i find they are
    doing beautifully.