fuhgeddaboudit part 4

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by daydreamingdaisy, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

A statement that, like the rest of your statements can neither be confirmed or denied via available evidence. Instead of continuing a pointless debate with you where both sides are relyin' entirely on feelings to substantiate their thoughts I chose instead to fall back on facts to show your hypocrisy as it underlies your protestations. You wanna focus solely on the singular context?

I feel animals spirits can give their blessing upon the takin' of their life, as long as proper respect is shown and only what is needed is taken. I believe the same for plants.

You feel as though animals just die painfully and needlessly regardless of circumstances.

Ok done. Go waste someone elses time

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Animals aren’t capable of higher thought that sacrifice requires.

by the way, the cowboy talk is cool. What happened to your old writing pattern?

my roomie is “The Healthy Cowboy.” He spreads healthy eating information via social media and conventions.
    Think Tom Mix lecturing you. It’s hilarious.

3. Running Horse

Tup but I didn't turn this into a debate nor did I spread propaganda. I stated my deeply personal opinion, months ago, and was subsequently challenged, months later. If you don't want a debate don't start one miss.

4. drumminmama

I personally, do not think all livestock dies needlessly. I believe we waste a lot. And that saddens me. I respect the nose to tail movement. I respect sustenance hunters and anglers.
    The current only eat the white meat folks? Not so much.

I have lived in places where, without animals, the populace would not live well.

but, one has to admit that current levels of consumption are over the top.

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I paid enough attention. I was under the impression you DID believe in the Christian stuff. You definitely made out you did on here.

6. Running Horse

Do I believe in Christ? I reckon so. Am I gonna be a bible thumpin' end time trumpetin' Christian? Hell no. I follow the two greatest commandments.

Do to others as I'd have others do to me. Reckon if I was havin' some dumbass views I'd want someone to straighten me out. Ain't gonna treat no one any different than I treat myself.

Love God with all heart, soul, mind, and strength. I live every day workin' hard and thankin' God I ain't in jail, a homeless shelter, or six feet under. Enough said.

7. Animals are pure. Purity beats higher thought, hands down. And to say animals aren't capable of sacrifice is just plain wrong. An animal will give its life for another animal. They put themselves in dangerous spots for their young all of the time. Mother brown bears are willing to face off male opponents who are more deadly and powerful to protect their young.

Animals are wise. If we're going based on the number of times a cat or a dog has outsmarted a human based on its natural instincts, cats and dogs win in a landslide. All the humans can do is give their pet a swift kick to the butt.

8. drumminmama

Sacrifice is a conscious giving, not a mother protecting her young. the concept that an animal gives willingly of itself to a human as food is laughable.

YouFreeMe likes this.
  9. Animals are conscious. And I didn't say anything about an animal giving itself to humans for food, so I don't know why you're responding to me about it. Maybe someone else said something, but I didn't.

Animals are capable of making sacrifices. And I think a mother bear risking her own safety for her cubs is an example of that. Some people just feel more comfortable with the idea that animals are just dumb, useless creatures, I guess, but I know that they are often incredibly wise and know things that even human beings do not. Just because it doesn't have lips and opposable thumbs doesn't mean it's dumb.

Animals are also complex and varied. They have personalities. So whether or not one would willingly give itself to a human to be killed just depends on the particular animal.

Running Horse likes this.
  10. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Very well said.

Also, I am curious--what made you try fish after 32 years of no meat?

11. ChoosChins

ChoosChins Members

Agreed. Drumminmama, as per the following in the vege forum sticky regarding pro meat posts "This forum is for vegetarians, vegans, and those interested in learning more about the vegetarian lifestyle.

this is not for pro- meat people to belittle our choices."

This thread appears to have degenerated into precisely the kind of debate not welcome in this forum. And I say that as someone who no longer is a vegetarian.

12. Carnivores really aren't attacked by vegetarians as they like to pretend, which only gives away their misgivings about eating meat. They're simply offended by the fact that some people don't, and actively promote their own lifestyle. What does that tell you?

They know that these are creatures worthy of life who we're stealing life from. Some of them know it, anyway. Some of them are too daft to even think about things like that.

13. Running Horse

Jesus ya'll just don't know when to quit do ya? I never attacked anybody's choices on this damn thread. In fact as above quotes show I was nothin' but polite until one of you damn vegetarians decided to preach at me. Tellin' someone they just tell themselves whatever it takes to not come to your side is a far more belittlin' comment than any I done put out here.

We assault you? Fucks sake, you that damn delusional or you just like playin' the victim? In the 5 years since I started bein' around vegetarians or vegans I ain't never started the insults or higher than you bullshit. Your pals all just want somethin' that makes you fuckin' different and you ride that high horse with mile high boots on.

Far as I can tell the veggie mindset is only one step below that of the fundamentalist Christian. Even your echo chambers sound bout the damn same.

Ya'll wanna get your damn panties in a twist cause I enjoy tearin' into a huge slab if meat with nothin' but my hands and teeth, rippin' tearin' gulpin' lovin' every minute, ya'll are entitled to that but for christ sake keep it to your damn selves or be ready for a fight.

Nitocris likes this.
  14. drumminmama

I tried to let a reasonable discussion happen, but it seems some won’t let go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.