fuhgeddaboudit...part 1

Discussion in 'True Love' started by daydreamingdaisy, Jun 26, 2018.

1. I think that's the best advice for anyone here, especially new members. There are more good people than bad on this site...just got to ignore them, I guess...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2018
  2. Deejay2018

Deejay2018 Visitor

Well I can’t say I always give good advise but they I have my moments

daydreamingdaisy likes this.
  3. Deejay2018

Deejay2018 Visitor

Daisy send me a conversation message and why up so early or so late how ever you see it

4. I'm actually at the gym. . Need to work off some stress...

5. Deejay2018

Deejay2018 Visitor

Nice well get ur gains on girl oh yea lol well get at me when your done

6. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

If you guys can't see what you've done (yes I know you personally weren't involved VG) then there's no point in going on about it further. If this is the way this site must be now & this is how it's members choose to portray themselves so be it. Nothing I can say that'll affect that train. Perhaps just think about how many more newcomers have to leave due to the negativity they are met with here. I could name at least 3 since I showed back up 2 months ago 4 if Ms. Daisy leaves.

7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Anyone here who has a dissenting opinion from a core groups views, is a troll. Or a Russian Bot etc. I find it quite entertaining myself. Sort of like watching an aquarium of pirhanas swimming around with each other. Then you drop a carp in the aquarium. The first thing the pirhanas say to the carp is.....we are all fish here.

Eventually when there are no more carp, the pirhanas eat themselves Darwin style.

Aerianne and daydreamingdaisy like this.
  8. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

If that is the way you see this forum, then you may be in for a big surprise!

I think the lack of compassion and cynicism towards new members has reached intolerable levels. Not cool. Not hip. And certainly that attitude is NOT WELCOME here.

9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Yeah, that will happen here. I'm not trying to discourage you, but, yeah...it happens. For a bunch of hippies, folks 'round here can be uptight.

Just play it cool, don't engage with people trying to get a rise out of you, and in time, you'll become part of the community.

10. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

How many times must I repeat this?

And, BTW, this is not a politics thread, nor is it a random thoughts thread. Off topic posts may get removed at the discretion of the mods and admins.

Have you all forgotten the forum guidelines?
    "Off Topic Postings/Thread Titles: Often people post remarks that have nothing to do with the subject of the forum or thread. Occasionally threads are deliberately taken off topic to advance an opposing agenda or disrupt the discussion. These posts will be moved or deleted at the discretion of the moderator, and the user will be warned. If the user continues posting off-topic after being warned, they may be banned. "

and

"Flaming/Trolling/Stalking: Flames are posts intended to insult and provoke. Repeated posts directed with hostility at a particular person or group of people on this site will be cause for banning. Any individual who chronically trolls, who regularly posts arguments, flames or personal attacks for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion will be banned. Please note: Hate Speech is not allowed. Stalking another member for any purpose is not allowed. Stalking is defined as targeting another member and following them around the forums and confronting them in various ways (sexual advances, threatening, arguing, disrespecting, soliciting, etc.) in numerous threads or PMs."

daydreamingdaisy likes this.
  11. Although I deleted my original thread, I think it's easy to see the responses from certain members that were filled with hatred and cruelty directed to me. I don't think these personal attackers reflect this forum, but they certainly give it a bad name and make new members unjustly uncomfortable.
    We certainly have enough hate speech with the current administrstion. I feel this has given acceptance to the prejudice, racism, hate mongering and personal attacks that are so prevalent in today's society.
    On a smaller degree, on a certain hip forum, some members have felt emboldened to behave in a similar fashion.
    I certainly appreciate what you wrote and hope future folks who happen across this site feel welcome and will want to stay and most importantly, be treated in a respectful way.

12. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The HFs "welcoming committee" was in place long before the current administration. This is one thing that can't be blamed on President Trump, lol.

NotMyRealName likes this.
  13. It's sad that this behavior was allowed for so long on this forum. Apathy is a choice, too.