Fucking keep it.

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by Joshua Tree, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

GLENGLEN likes this.
  2. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

the catalytic converter is probably worth more in scrap than the whole rest of the car

3. deleted

deleted Visitor

Thats cool Meli ..
    once upon a time, directly across from my house today was a horse stable.
    mostly this housed the neigh-borhood horses. This wouldve been around the 1800s. Kinda like a parking lot for cars but only horses. If you lived on this street at the time I suppose it was easy enough to walk and get your horse to go to the city, a few miles down river. This area was becoming highly developed for railroads and steel .. I only know from the little history shared in this hood..

4. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

that does look super cool, but it also looks like a billion dollar project that would be probably no more effective than a bus system.

it seems like it would be way more efficient if the personal pod cars were changed into a mass transit, large car option. basically like a subway, but without having to dig.

5. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

ugh, double post. fuck mass transit, we just need to figure out a way to get wifi that actually works.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

what i find really odd about this, is that people have only thought this way, only had them as we know them, for around a hundred, less then a hundred and fifty, years.
    they're a great con game, to let people think they are free, while at the same time, one of the very means, of keeping them indentured.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I think it was floated more as a touristy gimmick rather than a viable public transportation option, to show how progressive and technology-forward the city is. Which it isnt yet but with pod cars we could have been something. We could have been a contender

I actually looked this up last night and found out the project is still in development so maybe it actually will happen one day

8. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Yes, bicycles have always been a big part of traffic in my country, already since their invention, also in the busy cities. And will obviously play a bigger role in the future in other countries too. New York seems a great example.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Uber is trialling flying-helicopter cars for the super-rich to hop between their towers high above the unwashed proles below. I predict epic fail.

10. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

More likely, the car was hot, and they decided to make it disappear, because possession is 9/10s of the law.