Fucking keep it.

Discussion in 'Consumer Advocacy' started by Joshua Tree, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Joshua Tree

Joshua Tree Remain In Light

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Down the road from us for a month a car had been sitting on side of the road. After a month police put tape around it and a big sticker which I think is like, move it or else. That night every window was smashed and the next day it was moved.

So, vandals only decide to smash it, once police checked it and the owner only moved it once they found out it had been wrecked. A whole month man.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Keep fucking it

TheGhost, Orison, Kerri and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

its when they are not taxed for the road seen a few with those clamps on , then they are taken away and crushed

5. broony

broony Banned

Who would buy that new anyways?

Driving around in a tuna can.

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

there's a whole culture at work here, making people think they need a car, then they go broke and can't afford (to even move) it.

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Denver Boot

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Or, it's a piece of shit not worth a dime to trade in, and they bought ankther vehicle and just couldn't be arsed to move it or get rid of it. Lol

9. Joshua Tree

Here in the cities in the UK the streets are often narrow and there's not much parking available, so a small car comes into its' own.

SpacemanSpiff, ZenKarma and GLENGLEN like this.
  10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

cars don't really belong in cities at all. unless you need to drag a lot of crap around with you, or you're just in from the country side shopping or visiting or something.

ZenKarma likes this.
  11. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Thats future talk. We're heading that way. But we're not there yet. At this point they still considered to belong in the cities.

In my country old diesel cars are already banned from certain city centers.

ZenKarma likes this.
  12. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

We will always need one lane open in roads for essentials like emergency services, deliveries and garbage collection etc. But I would love to see trams, bicycles and horses being used. I don't drive and don't want to drive. My idea of a nightmare. I take cabs here in London out of necessity, but I'm really pretty fed up with cars altogether. Speaking as a pedestrian, they are a constant nuisance and danger. Cars are useful on motorways to travel large distances, but I am even less inclined to use them for that after my near crash in France last Summer. I was pretty shook up. Also, you take a normally nice and reasonable person, put them in front of driving wheel, and they have a tendency to become a complete asshole. I understand most people enjoy driving and love their cars. So be it. It's just that. I don't.

13. Asmodean

Horses in a city are only bearable if its a few. Just because it at one point in history was the best option doesn't mean it's a good option anymore.
    If you're aware how much trouble and annoyance dog shit causes in cities you really can readily understand why a lot of horses for downtown transportation methods are an unwanted option :-D

14. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

I strongly disagree. You could easily employ people to pick up the shit. I really don't see any obstacles that would make this an untenable proposition, except of course that it is hopelessly idealistic and improbable for many people who just cannot use their imaginations.

15. Asmodean

I curse at and condemn both cyclists and car drivers when im a pedestrian. When I'm on my bicycle downtown my hate is directed at car drivers and self righteous pedestrians. When I'm driving a car (esp. downtown) I curse at and condemn those damn hasty pedestrians and cyclists who risk their lifes for gaining a second or two.

16. Asmodean

I take it you would dig that job? :p Anyway, they're too slow and stink up the place. It's not a good alternative. Having a couple of horse wagons for tourists on a scenic tour is the most use they seriously have in a crowded city center. We have them in my city too.

17. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Rubbish. Students would do it out of study hours for pocket money, labourers would do it. There's no reason it should be poorly paid. So called menial work that some consider degrading is not valued by society. The reason it is poorly paid is arbitrary. No one would do it forever, but speaking from a Buddhist perspective a few stints of hard labour is very good for you. Your whole ethos is soft. Anyway, why do people want to get everywhere so fast? Why not slow down and enjoy the journey. More importantly, many road deaths including those of small children could be prevented. I, and many people who work with horses, think their shit smells wholesome and delightful. The World is becoming too sanitized as it is. Also, it would make the city feel more like something out of a fantasy novel ;-)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i don't know much about raising horses, but i would think they would require a certain amount of space that is not currently available in most cities. even if transporting people was their only exercise, you need a pen to keep them in. i suppose those multi-level parking garages could be converted, but they aren't everywhere that people live in a city.

19. Joshua Tree

Consumer advocacy????!!!!!!! WTF has this got to do with consumer advocacy???!!!! What kind of bullshit value judgement is that?

20. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Lol horses

Aren't bicycles essentially the same except much more practical and cost efficient? And less maintainence? Takes less space to store? Easier to control. And, ya know, more modern. And you wont have peta breathing down your neck with bicycles.

A few years ago my city started floating the idea of these personal pod cars that run on an elevated track, like this Flyway-Gotgatan-PRT-Sweden-Hans-Kylberg.jpg

I'm still really pissed this never came to fruition. I want new fangled pod cars damnit.

I guess the funding never materialized or something

Ged likes this.