Fuck The New Forums

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by DrDooblittle, May 19, 2004.

1. Bassplayerjojo

Bassplayerjojo Member

John Denver Freak, huh? My mom is A John Denver freak...I used to hate him but realized it was only because she loved him. Told me stories of riding her bike to the local music store after getting her allowance to buy his latest record. He actually did write awersome lyrics. I have much more respect for him now.

2. MagicHippie

MagicHippie Member

Mu hahaha almost 'ditto'

3. Valis_77

Valis_77 Member

I just hate the fact that it looks like every other BB and forum on the net now. It's lost it's uniqueness. Oh well, it still rocks :)

4. 7river

7river on a distinguished path

i say let them bitch and whine...we can tolorate it. hell most of us whined the first week...i know i did, i was relentless. right up until skip got the acid swirl borders back. then it hit me that skip was not satisfied with the format either and he knows a hell of a lot more about forums than i do...and he is the one that created the funk we were defending in the first place. so i backed off and now i feel at home again. i'm sure skip is far from done costumizing our new home.

when you get all whiney brothers and sisters, just remember it wasn't but 4-5 years ago this site was a real bulletin board.

but go ahead and whine...i know i needed too. i apologized later but i guess i did what i needed to do. its a fucked up time right now...fucked up energy. a lot of loss of faith and clinging to things warm and familiar. some old family is still just finding there way back here and a little lost...so lets not shut each other up so quick ok?

5. LotusIndia

LotusIndia Member

LOL 7 river, that's one way of putting it. :)

Yeah, part of being a hippie, or whatever (cuz I personally dont wear the label) is the ability to let go, to change. Tho I understand the desire for the old forums to be returned. I kinda miss them too.

I guess I feel that at least the color backgrounds can be returned to ALL the forums and not just the purple one. Tho that was a pleasant surprise, but purple over and over gets a rather frothy feeling. Some warm colors would be nice, and its not hard to add them back to the same forums they use to be located at one old site, and the same way the purple was added back in here.

Ok, and as Skip knows :), I sure wish we had the unlimited space in the P.M.s like we did before. But oh well, I've kinda given up on that one and accepted this is the way it is.

Namaste All,
    Lotus

6. dhARmaMiLlO

dhARmaMiLlO Member

7. MrsA-Camper

MrsA-Camper Member

yeah, well, the forums are fine (thanks Skip), but what about the NEW NICKLE!!!! Damn, they keep changing the money! I LIKED that old nickle, it's the nickle of my childhood, and now it has commemorated the Louisiana purchase and Lewis & Clark expedition instead!

How will I EVER adapt!!!

8. tom

tom Member

When did they change the nickle?

9. MrsA-Camper

MrsA-Camper Member