fuck me bracelets

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by _DeLiA_, May 28, 2004.

1. _DeLiA_

_DeLiA_ Member

today's youth takes the blue plastic things found inside a bottlecap, cuts the center out, and streaches it out to be a bracelet. if someone breaks your bracelet then you are obligated to fuck them.

2. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

you shouldnt believe everything people tell you. the only person youre obligated to fuck is me.

3. HappyHaHaGirl

HappyHaHaGirl *HipForums Princess*

I heard something like that, except it was those different colored jelly bracelets that you get at hot topic or whatever. The different colors are supposed to mean different things... but the people on the news here went to different schools to interview the kids about it, and none of them knew what they were talking about... only the teachers did. So I think the teachers made it up... They're crazy like that. :)

4. xaosflux

xaosflux Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

As for youths that did know what they were talking about, the color scheme was highly localized (e.g. red meant a lap dance in in one area, but kissing in another)

5. xaosflux

Hot Topic!! There's one of those by me! I love that store as far as stores in the mall go!

BTW, what color bracelets are YOU wearing right now :p

6. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

me and my friend jen used to make "Candy" bracelets, ya know the sparkly plastic ones you see some raver kiddies wearing. my english teacher saw them and decided they meant me and Jen were Gay Lovers...................... she woldnt let us sit together in class all year because it made her uncomfortable to think we were dating.........
    whats a weirdo, we just liked em cuz they are pretty, i don't like jen like that............................

7. HappyHaHaGirl

haha...teachers are so retarded. When I become one, I'll try to turn it all around! I'm going to make a difference!

Yeah, right... :)

8. pandiebeer

pandiebeer Member

Hmmm...I used to wear those jelly bracelets all the time as a kid. I never would have thought to keep them to wear again almost 20 years later.

As for the actual topic, if kids are really doing that I'm sure it's only a few. It's probably some group of girls in school with low self esteem and to get attention they created this game but one of them blabbed about it to the wrong person, who let the cat out of the bag. Now everyone thinks everyone in that age group is doing it because some people can be so narrow-minded.

9. FunkyPhreshMama

FunkyPhreshMama Visitor

i remember when i was in school the thing was the tabs you open a soda cans with. everyone called em "fuck tabs" and you were supposed to have one for every time you had sex or some bullshit.... it was so stupid.
    then everyone started wearing pacifiers to school and carrying bags of koolaid powder mixed with sugar to eat all day..........................
    damn there are some weird trends in junior high schools...

10. HappyHaHaGirl

In 6th grade at my school.. it was really cool for about 4 months to walk around with one of those enormous jaw breakers. Whoever could get the biggest one into their mouth was the coolest. Then everyone's tongues bled all the time from licking them all day. So they started playing with yo yo's.... I hate those things.

11. didge

didge Member

ah i heard o them when i was younger...quite quite retarded. all the lasses used ta wear em. nnot me thou.

feckin stupid games.

12. Ginge

Ginge Ye Olde Member

I'm inclined to believe that. I'd like to the the majority of kids aren't that stupid. I asked my sister and some of her friends about it (they're 15), and not only do they think it's the dumbest thing ever, but they said they hadn't even heard of it until it was broadcast all over the news. So part of me thinks the media took this thing and blew it way out of proportion--which is typical of the media.

13. Althea

Althea Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I just asked my son who's graduating 8th grade next week about the bracelet thing and he looked at me like a was nuts. I know the big thing they're into over there is that Jolt gum.

14. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

That's a bit prejudice, don't you think? You could have reported her to your principal or the school board. I never got to sit beside my friend, because we didn't take flack, or the fact he talked down to us, from our strict teacher. I don't think he thought we were lovers. LOL.

15. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

unfortunatley, not all girls follow the rules :(

16. FreeSpirited420

FreeSpirited420 Member

I do remember the pacifiers. The plastic ones. Thats when the "Rave" culture became popular. I think?! remember the snap bracelets?? The fuck tab thing was bullshit. You had to have had the ENTIRE tab, including the thing that attatched to the can. It was bullshit.

17. xaosflux

Yea...if your tab was broken or missing the middle it didn't count...

where i was people made big bracelets of them...you were supposed to give them to girls in exchange for dates,kisses,sex ect... some of them 'charged' 100 tops jsut for a date!

18. Willow-Bridget-Love

Willow-Bridget-Love Member

say, how do you make the sparkly plastic braclets that you see some raver kiddies wearing? sounds.. rad....

19. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

really? I've never heard of that...

20. dreama

dreama Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

all the girls around here know about the snap bracelets - they say that each color signifies something and in order to the guy to partake in what it means, he has to break it off your wrist. I've asked my daughter and her friends, who are 18 and 19 and they know about it, but don't wear them, as well as many of my 13-15 year old clients. It's been around here for about a year or so I believe. Not all of them wear the bracelets for that reason, as some just like the look of them. I remember having a ton of them myself many years ago.

Banning it in the schools will just give them significance...the better thing to do would be to ignore it. Its just a fad and will fade like all others. Some of the schools here have banned, while others are ignoring.