Frustration

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by KozmicBlue, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Kick him out of course. I would feel bad, since he has no where to stay, and no transportation, but he's been staying here doing nothing for too long. :D
    Oh and I've almost come to some reasonable conclusions on that book... :D It will be ready in no time! :D

2. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Maybe you're actually doing him a favour by kicking him out. Then he's gonna have to start doing something useful with his life. So you can actually be proud of yourself! [​IMG]
    I'm looking forward to that conclusion. Mr. Woodcock will be very upset if I have nothing to say about the book tomorrow. [​IMG]

3. Soulless||Chaos

Hehe he finaly left, for now, maybe I can get some work done. So, what exactly are you trying to figure out? :confused: Could you elaborate on the original question a bit? :D

4. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I don't really know what I'm trying to figure out. :confused: Probably the point that Mrs. Ferme is making in her ethnography? :D I know it has something to do with modernity, orientalizing, Marxism and.. ummm... critique towards all these things and some other stuff too. :rolleyes: I wanna go back to kindergarten... :(

5. Soulless||Chaos

Alright, from what I can tell so far, it seems to have to do with ambiguity quite a bit, and somewhat of a 'cautious' society, from the accumulation of historical violence and such... Also has to do a bit with their animistic belief system, where spirits of good and evil play a role in everyday mundane happenings. I'm getting the general idea in my head, but it needs quite a bit fo refinement... :rolleyes: Surprisingly, this all is semi interesting. :D
    Anyway, am I on the right path? I have a bunch of notes, but it is a bit difficult tying it all together considering I've never read the book. :rolleyes:

6. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

:eek:

What are you, a Mariane C. Ferme??? You know more about the book than I do even though you haven't even read it. How troubling. :confused:
    Seriously though, it is all very interesting. We're studying West Africa right now, and about how modernity has intertwined with tradition and local with global... It's fascinating. :) Maybe you should start thinking about studying anthropology (in UK!!)? :D

7. Soulless||Chaos

Was that information at all helpful? :D
    I'll have more in a bit....
    Yes this anthropology does interest me, but is there money to be had in it? Of course I'm not going to base such a decision on it's profitability completely, but I need to know I'll make at least a decent living... :rolleyes: Otherwise I'd just be a historian, or philosopher... :rolleyes:
    Africa is a very interesting place, so recently tribal and all... It really is neat to see the conflict between the traditional and the modern, especially with such a large gap between the two, and without any direct path of evolution from one to the other.