Frustration

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by KozmicBlue, Jan 20, 2005.

1. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I'm reading... or TRYING to read... this ethnograpy, The Underneath of Things - Violence, History, and the Everyday in Sierra Leone, by Mariane C. Ferme for my anthropology course and I can't remember the last time I felt as frustrated as I'm feeling now. :mad: It is such a difficult book, I've been struggling with the first chapter this whole friggin' afternoon and I still can't quite understand what she's writing about. Well I can, but not in depth and that kinda sucks because I have to write this huge essay ("What factors are important in defining personhood in West Africa?") and the book is supposed to be very central to it. Normally I wouldn't bother, but I'm ambitious and a also a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my studies and so it really pisses me off that I'm having such a hard time with understanding this book. (And no, it can't be just because English isn't my first language :p) Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

So anyway... what things make you feel frustrated?

2. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

I looked around online... but I couldn't find any cliff notes for it. [​IMG]

Sounds really hard, I dunno what to tell ya.

I promised my mom I'd help her compile this thing for her... it wouldn't be a big deal, but she's gotta go by her office after she gets back from work and get this CD... and shes not supposed to be back till like 9.

Then I gotta drive back to Austin, cause I told my friend I'd help him move tommorow at 8.

If I drive back after I finish helping my mom, I'll probably get back around 3 am... then maybe I can get a couple hours of sleep before I have to go help my friend. Maybe I'll just chug a pot of coffee instead of sleep. [​IMG]

Anyway, don't let Mariane C. Ferme keep 'ya down.

Good Luck. [​IMG]

3. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Aww, thanks, you're such a sweetheart. :D I'll just kick Mariane's ass if it gets too frustrating. :p Wanna help me with that?

Ohh, just remember that sleep is way overrated anyway. :D Who needs sleeping when you can overdose on caffeine? :D

4. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Thats your solution to everything...

Thats how I know you're so awesome. [​IMG]

I've always wanted to beat Henery Through up, but since he's been dead for 160 years, I've always wanted to find somebody else.

This'll be really therapeutic. [​IMG]

Heh, yeah... who needs sleep when you could be beating up classic authors anyway. [​IMG]

5. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Wohooh, my kinda guy! [​IMG]

Just one question though... Henry Thoreau? Why would you wanna beat him up? [​IMG]

6. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Its nothing personal... I just hate the three names thing. [​IMG]

7. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Guess I'm not much of a scholar, better stick to fightin'. [​IMG]

8. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

But why? You're weird. :D I have three names! :eek: Will you now hate me too? :(

9. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Ahh well... Fighting's usually much more fun anyway. At least if it's pillow fighting. :D

10. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Nah... but you're a lot cuter then Thoreau. [​IMG]

And besides... you'd probably beat me up. [​IMG]

11. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Have you thought about asking around the books section? Maybe someone there'll have some insight. [​IMG]

12. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I'm a lot cuter than a man who's been dead and buried and eaten by worms for about 160 years? Well hopefully. :D

I still think we should have a fight and see who's better. You fight for real, I started doing thaiboxing because the trainer was so gorgeous. :D (I was 15 then though, so please forgive me my stupidity...)

And thanks for the tip, but I don't think very many people have read that book, unless they're anthropology students... Hmmmm, I wonder where I could find them... Why is there no anthropology section here? :mad:

13. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

What, you find The Underneath of Things - Violence, History, and the Everyday in Sierra Leone, by Mariane C. Ferme frustrating? :eek: But it's such a wonderful book, one of my favorites! :D I would tell you what it's all about, but since you have insulted Mrs. Ferme so, I don't think it would be proper. :rolleyes:
    Btw, were you ever going to say what you were so nervous about? And did it work out? :D

14. Lodui

Lodui One Man Orgy

Hey I never said I was good at being charming. [​IMG]

Nah... I don't like violence. [​IMG]

I like the pillow fighting idea better... I'll go get my pajamas.

Freakin' hippies. [​IMG]

15. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Hmm... well if I apologize to Mrs. Ferme and to you, will you then explain me how the strategies of concealment permeate multiple levels of discursive and spatial practise, from the realm of regional politics to the more mundane realms of domesticity and productive activies? :rolleyes: Coz I'm not quite sure how that stuff works... :p *sigh*
    Anyhooo... I was nervous because someone who's very very special to me, came to visit me last week and I wasn't quite sure how that would work out, but it worked out perfectly. :D So no need to nervous anymore. :)

So how are you doing, Patty?

16. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Hahah, well you're charming enough to charm me. :D
    Yesss, lets pillow fight! :D (And kick some hippie ass while we're at it! :rolleyes: )

17. Soulless||Chaos

Alright, it's quite simple really. :D Actualy after reading up on it a bit, it is fairly interesting, so I will get back to you on that. Really, I'll figure it out. :D :p
    Oh, and I'm doing alright, getting sick of my current company though. :rolleyes:

18. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Getting sick of me??? :(

19. Soulless||Chaos

No, of course not! :eek: I was letting a friend stay at my house for a while, but it's become clear he is not really looking for another job, or another place to stay. He's just sitting around getting high constantly and it's really starting to piss me off. :mad: How could I get sick of you? :confused:

20. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

Ohh.. Well that's not very nice of him. :confused: What are you gonna do about him?

And I'm glad you're not getting sick of me. :D Yay!