Fruit Juice Is Not Healthy

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Pressed_Rat, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It was the sugar in the fruit juices that made the twin towers collapse as they literally ate away the steel frames from the juice boxes on board the planes..

:rofl:

2. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Lately You Are Of The Opinion That You Are An "Undisputed Expert On Everything".........Methinks Otherwise...... ;)

Cheers Glen.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I know better than to step into a conversation I don't know anything about, that's why I pick and choose ;)

Oh I see what's happened here, you're one of Them, aren't you Glen? -.-

4. DanaJohnson

DanaJohnson Banned

I think natural fruit juices are healthy but but it cannot be taken daily as there is high amount of sugar present in juices. So, it is good to have limited fruit juice.

5. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Fructose in particular is troublesome because it can only be stored in the liver, not in the muscles like other sugars, and the liver has a very limited storage capacity, so fructose quickly gets diverted into fat storage around the liver and midsection, which is the area of fat most associated with disease and death. Fruit juice is absolutely unhealthy; there is no reason to ever drink it, ever. If you ever need the taste of fruit, eat a fruit, at least then the sugars are bound in a matrix of fiber. In juice, you're basically drinking a special potion that magically gives you diabetes over time.

I have recently adopted a low sugar diet and lost 30 lbs in 2 months and dropped a waist size for the first time in my whole life. I never knew that I even was addicted to sugar, that's how prevalent it is and how prevalent the advertizing is. The great thing is that the less sugar you eat, the less sugar you crave; it really is like cocaine. I've never felt healthier :)

Ps: If you're worried about "what will my body run on?" you need to understand that your liver produces glucose, and tons of it, quite freely. You don't need to add glucose from outside your body, all you need to add are LOTS of fats, an appropriate amount of protein for your ideal body type, and tons of leafy green vegetables (these are carbohydrates!).

Nitocris, farmerdon and Bilby like this.
  6. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I put the fruit in the blender and press the button.
    The juice tastes great.

Often Mangoes (yellow) and bananas from my garden.
    Here's one I did earlier (the dragonfruit was purchased)
    14717124_10154639865403749_2471698692379833863_n.jpg
    14666192_10154639865718749_2291527933060114298_n.jpg

So OK, the sausage rolls I made weren't all that healthy.

7. OldDude2

OldDude2 Newbie

I also buy fruit juice from this lady, you pick the cup and she operates the blender ....
    IMG_20151122_080200.jpg

8. MasseurNaturel

MasseurNaturel Members

9. alexbfr

alexbfr Members

Thanks for the info! Totally agree, there's tons of sugar in juice. I actually recently cut it out of my diet completely and lost a few pounds and kept them off just from switching to drinking water.

10. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

11. footballalways

footballalways Banned

it is the sugar
    natural juices are good
    watch the sugar

12. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Actually it is the fructose part of of sugar that is the problem. It is what gives sugar its sweet taste,

13. LittleBee

LittleBee Members

I'd rather eat a whole fruit. at least some fiber...

1 person likes this.
  14. morrow

morrow Visitor

Oh! Well said! High five! My likes have run out!

But...Like like like!

1 person likes this.
  15. jaccobandquinn

jaccobandquinn Members

Thank you for sharing

16. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Is freshly squeezed juice unhealthy? When you consider that if you were just to eat the fruit you would be consuming the same thing,just not squeezed?

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

How many pieces of fruit do you use for one glass of freshly squeezed juice? How many oranges would you eat if you'd consume it just like that (well, peeled i guess ;))?
    That's one difference: you consume more sugar at once when you squeeze 3 or 4 oranges as opposed to eating one or 2.
    The other slight difference is that there is always less fiber in the juice than if you eat the orange. But this might be neglectable when freshly produced.

The 3rd factor is how much sugar/energy you actually need. If you made a physical effort or are going too it is far less bad than as if you would consume a bunch of super fresh juice but not do anything with it.

18. shaillythomas

shaillythomas Banned

it is wrong, fruit juice is very healthy for our health but fresh juice, not a packed juice.so we have to drink home made fresh juice

19. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

I think that is a smart move. Growing up, my parents offered me an array of what they considered to be "healthy" beverages, most prominently sports drinks and apple or orange juices, and for a long time (post-college) I didn't "like" water. I never really drank it regularly until I was in my early to mid twenties.

20. Myra Lien

Myra Lien Members

I feel that fruit juice is good

magickman and Irminsul like this.
  21. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

It's full of sugar.

22. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

My grandmother made fresh-squeezed Orange Juice every morning, lived to be 96.
    Did it matter? I don't know, but it didn't hurt me thinks.