Frostwire

Discussion in 'Computers and The Internet' started by PsyGrunge, Jun 21, 2006.

1. PsyGrunge

PsyGrunge Full Fractal Force

hey, i know limewire is one of the most popular file sharing p2p programs on the net, but for the amount of crap that comes with it and the CPU usage it takes to run is beyond a joke.
    i decided against limewire when i searched for another file sharing prgram and came across Frostwire. it has exactly the same user interface as limewire and so limewire users will fele at ease with it, and it runs a hell of a lot faster, returned more search results at a much quicker rate and seems to download faster.
    on top of this it is completely free, and comes without any adware or pop ups.

if you're a limewire user, i'd advise scrapping it and getting this instead, much more efficient.

http://www.frostwire.com/

2. Zer0_II

Zer0_II Member

It's actually developed by some of the same people who originally developed Limewire also. They were unhappy with Limewire's decision to filter content, so they decided to work on their own version.