Frostburg to Baltimore

Discussion in 'Camping/Outdoor Living' started by Aeshura, May 22, 2007.

1. Aeshura

Aeshura Member

o'siyo peoples. I went to frostburg to visit a friend, and well, it seems I'm stuck up here. Attempts to hitch a ride with other residents isn't really looking too well. So in preperation for the scenario involving me hiking it back to the city I've acquired $20.80. So my question is what will be the most important thing(s) to buy?
    I have:
    2 cans of mac + Beef
    2 Packs of oatmeal
    popcorn (though I dont see how i'll be able to pop it)
    1 pack of ramen noodles
    1 bag of cereal bar things.
    assorted fruits
    8 bottles of water (hopefully)

So any advice suggestions would be much appreciated. also I'm thinking of traveling till the onset of dusk and setting camp till a little after dawn. I'm in a race against time as I have a court date May 31 (for possession of pot) and skipping bail doesn't seem like a safe idea (I'd need a lot more supplies) any help would be appreciated. Peace and love ladies and gents.

2. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

OK, get a couple of Lipton Rice and Sauce or Noodles and sauce and some tuna or chicken in the foil envelopes. This should cost you about $2 per meal and it will fill you up. And some trail mix, a metal cup to cook in and a Sterno can. All of that should cost you under $15. Use the rest for water. If you're hiking you need 3000+ calories per day or you will get sick. That happens when your body burns a lot more calories than you take in. You need dense carbs and some fats. When you get to Frederick (But not before Tuesday afternoon, I'll be in St Mary's County all weekend) call me. I'll get you to B-more. My phone is in your PM inbox.

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

PS - I say use sterno because its been a dry spring, you don't want to get caught with an open fire. And I hope you know not to hitch between Frostburg and Hagerstown; with all the prisons out there you'll get busted quick for hitching.