From Croatia to Copenhagen

Discussion in 'Europe' started by Bonky, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Bonky

Bonky Member

Cheapest way to get there? thanks guys

2. zeljko-h

zeljko-h Member

i suppose you are going soon? because cheapest way is with 'germanwings' but you must announce your flight several months in advance to get really cheap price

3. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

why go!? copenhagen is the suckiest place on earth

4. zeljko-h

zeljko-h Member

i watched documentary about copenhagen couple of days ago on tv, it's nice but it's the probably most expensive city i heard about. 90 cronen for sandwich?
    :H

5. Heaven

Heaven Senior Member

hitch hiking?

copenhagen is nice. go an visit christiania. i had been there lately. no real hippie village any more, but a cool place!

6. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

first of all, no it's not that expensive.. And if it is it's not worth it... Ofcourse some places in copenhagen is nice, but nah it's nothing for me

And there are still hippies in christiania, you just gotta get to know the right people...

7. Bonky

Bonky Member

thanks for your replys. I was thinking of going this summer. Where should I stay?

8. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

how much money you planing on spending!?

9. Bonky

Bonky Member

as little as possible, of course

10. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

then you should look for some youth hostels :D Personally, I would advise you to live like in the out skirts of copenhagen, otherwise it can get very expensive

11. Dude

Dude Member

start walking now, you'll be there by christmas

12. wolf_at_door

wolf_at_door Senior Member

I think you should make a try about Christiania. Lakshen got a point about that you got to know people out there and so on, but if you're an openminded social skilled, hip person, maybe they don't mind if you settle with your tent for a while. (But see it from their point of view - they don't want lots of tourists, that doesn't have anything to do there anyway, in their backyard). But I think you should try to go and talk to people at Christiania, when you arrive Copenhagen.

love and understanding,

) / ) (""") ) * ("" @@ ’_) ("") ("”") (’’)
    \/_( *)_( (_ */"" @@ (_) (_(* )_( .. )<, :)

13. Heaven

Heaven Senior Member

we tried to stay for a night in christiania, but they told us, that you are just allowed to stay there for night, if you know someone from christiania. and we were three *hippies* arriving with our hippie-bus.
    but there is a cheap youth hostel in the centre of kopenhagen. look at this pic http://www.hipgallery.com/photopost2/data/500/aSabine_161.JPG
    there are nice people and if you don`t expect to much confortable beds, it`s ok.

14. wolf_at_door

oh... I feel sad to hear that people from Christiania obviously were so narrowminded. I think they're just used to people wanna be there for no particular reason, so that they don't see people who will be there for some particular reason. :(

Try visit people in "Thy-lejren" in northern Jutland (sorry laks: Jylland ;)) instead. They're not that suspicious. They're not living in the centre of Copenhagen, occupied by police 24/365, as people at Christiania am.

love and understanding,

\/_( *)_( (_ */"" @@ (_) (_(* )_( .. )<,

P.S. Heaven - I know it sounds like if I'm joking. I'm not. You must go to that place. :)

15. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

Grrr... [​IMG] Jutland my ass, I'm from Jylland! Sønderjylland [​IMG]

The over all most kick ass part of Denmark [​IMG] We drink more and we fight better [​IMG]

Then there's me, the local sex god...

But yeah like I said, you gotta know the right people... You don't know how much shit the people in christiania have been through, atleast the government didn't doze it, if they ever try again I've got a ride to the protest...

16. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

hmm.. i think i'm gonna need some proof of that.. :p

17. lakshen

lakshen Forn Siðr

oh I wouldn't worry about that, I'm gonna demonstrate when I get there :D

18. sara_rose

sara_rose Ice Queen

oh you better ;)

19. wolf_at_door

I can tell all of you the reason why Christiania doesn't work as a community anylonger today.

Any community need fresh blood. Any community need reproduction. Don't expect hippies establishing a visionary and better community in 1971 to improve that community, if you don't wanna contribute.

Nowaday people decry why people at Christiania are so lousy that they don't fight for them community. Some people decry Christiania and say that it has turned 'mediocre'. And I tell you, any community turn mediocre without any fresh blood - without any new generation to reproduce the rebellion.
    Will people throw their efforts in establishing similar kinda communities as those brave people did at Christiania in the early 70's nowadays? Tell me.

love and understanding,

\/_( *)_( (_ */"" @@ (_) (_(* )_( .. )<,

20. wolf_at_door

I wanna sponsor lakshens trip to Iceland.. but when he return, I wanna know what it was like!! :p