Friends

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Holp, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Holp

Holp Member

Do you ever have the feeling yours friends arent the people you want them to be? My problem is that i have a decent amount of people i call friends but i find that I cant share any of my problems/secrets with any of them. Maybe I just have a problem with trust. I just wondered if anyone else here has the same problem as I have?

2. inzgary

inzgary Members

Same here....

3. solaray

solaray hipmama

yes, i have been living in WV for almost a year now and my brother and his wife and kids are my only friends aside from the mailman i've been dating!!! my sister-in-law is such a spinster but she can't help herself--her mind goes 100mph 24/7. my bro doesn't have time and doesn't need any one else's shit since he's got his wife's to deal with and works waaay too much and my beau mailman is a old hippie dude with waay too much going on in his life to really be there for me...so yeah, i understand.

4. FeelinGroovy

FeelinGroovy opposable thumb

Why do you need to share your "secrets" with anyone. Otherwise be patient and new and different friends will come around.

I know how you feel. I'm not completely content with the "intimacy" that I can have with my current close friends. But I'm pretty happy with myself as my friend too.

5. Reggie seger

Reggie seger Member

solaray i pray good things comes your way. Hang in there i know people care for you very deeply . may the universe guide you home. may your path be filled with teachers. And remember The words of the famous pateh "Its always darkest before bowel movement." love ya

6. Aerosolhalos

Aerosolhalos Member

Yeahh.. Another big problem with me most of my friends live out of town now and everyone's changing for the worse. They've all seemed to have gotten the idea in their heads that growing up means first and foremost becoming lame and average

7. Green

Green Iconoclastic

I'm the same way. I don't trust people anymore.

8. spooner

spooner is done.

Half my old friends are cokeheads.

9. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I know exactly what you mean. I've got a great circle of friends - many whom I've known for half of my life, litterally, if not longer, but there are more days than not where I feel like we're not on the same page, you know?

In highschool I was the only one I knew who was kind of 'hippyish', I went to a school where 90% of folks listened to hip hop (eww) and was kind of cliquey. But I did make a few friendships out of the straggling few who had similar interests than me...

But now, it's weird. Everyone's so serious. It's like everyone seems to be living like there's a zillion things that need to be finished LAST WEEK and just have no time to have fun or relax, it's so odd. We used to have so much in common, and now it feels more and more like we're completely different people.

10. chegzy

chegzy Member

the problem with me is that my friends arent friends, i cant think of a single person i can actually call a friend, tend to call them mates

This used to upset me as i have lots of "mates" but quite often i find they use me to make themselves feel better which is very draining, hard to explain but what i think i mean is people you consider friends sucking off your misfortunes to make themselves look like a much more admirable person.
    (am i making sense)
    I get along with lots of people but would never choose to share secrets or feelings with them unless an invitation to do so was there, all they really are to me are people i spend time with, sort of a half empty look on this i spose

11. AmyC.

AmyC. Member

I think you go thru seasons in life. Sometimes lots of people around, sometimes solitude. It's normal.