Friends with the ex's friends?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Therese Aline, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Did you have sex with your boyfriend?

The people want to know.

2. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

Lol. Yeah, I thought we covered that.

3. hiro

hiro pursue it

Well, you aren't dealing with the issues... you two broke up and now you want to know if you can stay friends with his friends...

You didn't say can I be friends with my ex. Because thats a no. No one can ever be friends with an ex without someone having feelings still. You aren't over him so why subject yourself to "being friends" with him and his friends.

Put yourself in your exes shoes. If he wanted to remain friends with your friends wouldn't that make you kind of upset and make it harder for him to get over you. I mean you guys did break up for a reason right?

4. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I think you should give this whole thing some space.
    If the ex's friend still wants to be your friend, he'll let you know. Unless this is some roundabout way of trying to get with the "cousin", because then this is just going to get messy.

Move on and let the boy heal his wounds.

5. Therese Aline

My ex told me HE wanted to be friends, that's not an issue. Plus, he doesn't have any wounds to heal, he stopped having feelings for me l-o-n-g before we broke up. I don't see why you think it's impossible. We never said we hated each other and never wanted to see each other again, we said we're better off as friends. I look at this as a challenge, but certainly not impossible and I think I'd grow from it.

6. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

Be friends with who u wanna be friends with.
    Why "betray" a friendship , or push good people away , if it can work.

I fell out with someone who became utterly obnoxious , a bad person.
    But we have mutual close friends.
    For someone to break off a friendship for that reason would be terrible in my book.

Only 8 year olds will say " So and so is MY friend , not yours"
    Try and get things cool.

7. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

We're just giving opinions on what little info you have given us. Don't get pissy if people don't tell you what you want to hear.

8. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

i'm friends with my boys ex's friends. they're all pretty cool gals...it was a bit awkward when i showed up for his ex's birthday dinner and found out they had broken up...i went because i figured he'd have been there haha...awkward :D

on the other hand, i would have absolutely no problem whatsoever strangling another friends wife

9. hiro

hiro pursue it

Word.

You mentioned that he doesn't mind being friends and that his feelings faded L-O-N-G before you broke up.... so you guys broke up mutually? Like you also had feelings that faded.

You seem still attached because you are kind of getting bent out of shape about this....

10. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

the still friends thing never works well. trust me, cuz it can develop into a reinvolvement. happened to me, & it was worst time of my life.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

well then it must be true... :rolleyes:

12. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

I don't see anything wrong with it. I think many good relationships start as close friends. Why would you want to lose someone who's been your friend all along? You can at least try. If it works, it works, and if it doesn't, it doesn't.

13. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

It's pretty easy in some cases.

14. Therese Aline

Thank you. Nice to see that someone sees it my way.

15. Therese Aline

I didn't mean to sound hostile; I thought your post sounded hostile so I just snapped back, I apologize.

It was mutual, but I initiated it. His feelings were non-existent, and that killed the relationship. But he seemed in no hurry to break it off despite. I don't see a point to staying in a relationship that doesn't fulfill you, so I broke it off and he agreed it was a good idea.

It takes more than two weeks to get over someone, so yeah even though I chose not to be with him anymore, I still have feelings for him. That doesn't mean I want him back though, not by a longshot. :p I wasn't happy with him and I wouldn't be now if we got back together, so that's not an issue.
    He's not a bad person so I don't want him out of my life, I just wanted his role in it to change.

16. hiro

hiro pursue it

I am sorry you think I was being hostile. From previous experience though... people don't change and you can't make them change. I hope things get better because getting over people sucks.

17. Therese Aline

18. Jaitaiyai

Jaitaiyai Cianpo di tutti capi

You were asking for advice right?

19. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I don't think anyone "owns" anyone like be friends with whoever the fuck you want you know? Who cares if they were your boyfriend's friends.. like if he knew them before you.. but I can understand the weirdness though. That's just how most people function.. they're dumb..

20. IamnotaMan

IamnotaMan I am Thor. On sabba-tickle. Still available via us

I think lots of people see it that way.
    Dont add insult to the injury.
    Be friends with who u *can* be friends with.
    Just be aware of friction etc.
    Good luck!