Friends That Don't Smoke

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by LivingLegends, May 8, 2004.

1. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

i have two close groups of friends. my "druggie" friends and my goodie-goodie friends. i was checking my email today and recieved this from one of my best friends. she's not a smoker and has a very distorted view of marijuana. they (my nonsmoker best friends) even tell me that they dont want me to die because of my smoking! what a joke-read this
    http://www.drug-sideeffects.com/marijuana.htm

2. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

mellow out man, you need to be able to understand both sides of this. they might not be educated as well with drugs. and even if they are they care about you. you shouldnt be mad at people who acre about you.

3. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

if you think marijuana isnt bad for you, then you are living in some kind of fantasy world. You are breathing in smoke, of course it is bad for your lungs.

Personally, I would rather have friends who do not smoke weed. They are more dependable as friends, they arent the type to "forget" prior engagements or not answer the phone when you call.

4. Peace

dont judge people whether they smoke pot or not. judge your friends by their personality.

5. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

Marijuana is not bad for you! Smoke is, true, but I mostly vaporize my MJ.

I can't believe you make such a generalization about MJ smokers saying they are not dependable. There are plenty of non-stoners who are forgetful and don't anwser their phone. I always remember things I'm supposed to do with friends and I always anwser my phone.

6. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

none of my friends smoke well a couple and their equally caring..

7. bertrose

bertrose Member

If u THINK marijuana is harmful ur living in a world the gov't created for u, ur own little matrix...the only think about marijuana that is bad is the smoke....if u smoke a big turd on the side of the road ur still hurting ur lungs...big whoop..

also, dude...tell ur friends ur not going to die. Keep all your friends, if ur non smoking friends thinks its bad, thats their decision...not urs...u have the right to think whatever u want.

peace

8. Shamrock

Shamrock Member

hahahaha rofl... i read the article...
    hahah... it says guys who toke grow titties... haha that's a blast man.

9. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

noo i could care less whether they SMOKE or not its just when they judge me because i smoke. that really bugs me. i know they just care about me but im not even close to a heavy smoker but they dont get it... in time i hope...

10. Micro

Micro Member

That's a good rule to live by. One of my closest friends doesn't smoke or drink anymore and imho is a much better person to be around. It sounds like you have friends that care about you. All that matters in the end is who has your back when the shit hits the fan.

11. A Clockwork Orange*

A Clockwork Orange* Member

I really don't think marijuana can affect how good you are at being a friend

12. Cosmo4

Cosmo4 Member

^^ Agreed. And also marijuana gives you a way to.. bond with people. Once you've smoked with someone, you feel closer to them..

13. bertrose

bertrose Member

Definately! i smoked with my girlfriend this weekend and now we love eachother alittle bit more! lol

I love it, she loves it! we all love getting high! i just do it in moderation not like everyday because i have higher priorities than getting high...its just fun to do when the right time comes.

14. Ganjaman420

Ganjaman420 Member

I hate when kids make fun of me because i smoke. First they dont know much about it and what am i doin to them when i smoke after school. Also what did i do to them to have them make fun of me.

15. bertrose

bertrose Member

Dude, how are people making fun of u because ur smoking pot? I put emphasis on when u said "they don't know much about it" thats why its illegal, because no one knows anything about it, we've banned all experimentations on the substance and then they( the gov't ) lies and says how it can kill u, etc. Or they pay off some moron to create these stupid experiments that isn't really science like Dr. ASSlinger...its all abunch of lies...next time these dudes are making fun of u, just be like 'yo, while im smoking weed and mellowing out u can smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol...where u have a much greater chance of dying' or something like that...im not much of a back talker, just get over it...remember the taoist philosophy:

"People who know don't talk and people who talk don't know"

its talking about the TAO, but same with everything else in the world...

Taoists unite! :)

16. NatureFreak412

NatureFreak412 Art of Balance

The first people I toked with I had never met them in my life just saw them around at school, and now we are all good friends, I thought I would bring this thread back cause its a good thread, lol.

17. SweeperOfDreams13

SweeperOfDreams13 Member

I don't like to toke with people. I find that when I'm with people I can't really focus on my high, and basically, it's a waste of bud.

18. Peace

Isn't one of the main purposes of weed to get high with friends? I don't see how it is a waste if bud if you're helping someone out. That almost seems selfish. Just my thoughts

-Peace

19. wenis

wenis Member

ha ha.

i beg to differ. i guess these people have never had sex stoned.

20. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Well, that certainly roffled my waffle.