Friends Brother claims he crossed over yesterday?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

Is it normal or possible for someone to be pronounced dead for a short time and then somehow be able to revive and come back? A friend of mine claims, it happened to him? Says he saw his death, and then came back from it and lives again?

His claim is there’s no Heaven or Hell, but you will come in contact with people from your life who played whatever some kind of role in some way? It can be good people or bad people but depends on type or kind of life you lived yourself? What do you think? Would you believe this person? Or are they full of crap?

~Zen~ likes this.
  2. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

When the brain is starved of oxygen, short term memory ceases and the mind drifts back to childhood. People who are conscious, no longer recognise their grown up siblings, because in their mind they are still children.

Clearly your friend was not dead, but in cardiac arrest he was close, so everything that I described was happening. People who have been in this situation, describe a warm floating sensation, since without blood, none of their muscles are working or sending messages back to the brain.

Here is where the mysteries of reincarnation kick in, since for reasons yet unknown, details of a non physical past life have found their way into the human brain.
    When a person is said to be born with a non hereditary talent, it falls into a similar category.
    Unfortunately, most of the workings of the human brain remain a total mystery.

Ajay0, ~Zen~ and themnax like this.
  3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

heaven and hell are a way of looking at things that humans have come up with. so yes i'd believe much, most, of what he's saying because, not in spite of, that.
    this doesn't mean there isn't karma. there is a way people can be in the same "place", with it being a "hell" for some, and a "heaven" for others.
    totally on the bases of their perspective, which they have aquired from how thy have lived and what their priorities have been.

for me, its more landscapes/places but again the main thing is what is unknown is unknown, so what one person experiences, cannot be reliably judged by what another might.
    i do believe there is a non-physical beyond what is in each of our individual brains, but not that this depends upon nor relates to what we tell each other about it.

the diversity of the possible is the reality fanatics deny.

~Zen~ and wilsjane like this.
  4. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Once, when I was younger, I started having severe stomach cramps after eating a fast food burger.
    I thought I better get to a bathroom so got up and went into the bathroom headed for the toilet.
    I never made it as I passed out in mid stride and fell striking the toilet seat with my front teeth, braking one off and leaving it embedded in the seat.

I remember being in that famous tunnel with some kind of beings around me communicating something.
    In the distance was that white light.
    I knew if I went to the light I wasn't coming back and at the same time realized that I still had something to do with my life.
    I started looking for a way out and locked onto my sister in laws voice and used it as a marker to "come back". I couldn't see her, but I could hear her.
    Eventually I opened my eyes...and here I am..still trying to figure out what I;m supposed to do!

Ajay0, ~Zen~ and wilsjane like this.
  5. wilsjane

The sad thing is that all that information locked away in our brain will be lost unless by some way unknown to us is passed on before we die.
    Since we know that our nerves are a series of electrical pulses, I see it as possible that they can be transferred from person to person, possibly someone just sitting next to us on the bus.
    For some unknown reason, all this is something of a taboo in the medical profession.
    We rarely stop to think of how things work these days. I puzzle people by asking them how a call from their mobile phone can connect them to their friends, even if they are on holiday on a remote island off Australia
    To achieve this, their call pings their code on every mast on the planet within about 5 seconds, on a carrier frequency of one million eight hundred thousand pulses per second. It is hard for most people to get their heads around it.

~Zen~ likes this.
  6. ~Zen~

~Zen~ Ancient Mariner Administrator

Thank you for that description and more.

I really do enjoy reading your posts and often find myself learning something new from you.

Best regards to you and Jane from the HipCrew!

Ajay0 and wilsjane like this.
  7. wilsjane

Thanks Zen.
    If my brain worked at that speed, I could check out every post on HF since my last visit in the blink of an eyelid. :D

A few months ago, while discussing the marvels of the internet, I set a challenge to a few of our friends.

Question.
    If you wanted to catch up and watch every video uploaded onto You-Tube within the last 24 hours, how long would it take you. ???

Answer.
    Assuming hat you were lazy and only watched them for 40 hours a week, you would get to the last one in roughly 277 years. :)

When you have finished, let me know which one you enjoyed the most. ;););)

~Zen~ likes this.
  8. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

I came across an interesting article on the subject today.

How a near-death experience could change the way you live

So, perhaps NDE's have their place in creating a better individual and society, imho. I was not interested in NDE's earlier but I feel now that it has its own significance and helps people get insights into non-physical dimensions.

~Zen~ and MeAgain like this.