Friend vs. Boy

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by liven_jaded, May 26, 2004.

1. liven_jaded

liven_jaded Member

I have a good friend (Jane) and I also have a very close boy friend (M.). I never tried to force them to be friends but eventually they come in contact and they fight like six year olds. It is to the point I cry because all I hear is bad stuff about the other person from both of them. I feel like I am caught in the middle and I try to tell them to be mature about everything but it is not working. They don't have good reasons to hate each other except that Jane is racist and because of that makes racist and stupid comments to M. Obviously he gets angery, but I have asked him to be mature and let it go and then I have to go tell Jane she is going to far. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH (ok I need that scream)!

Anyway how can I be friends with both without feeling like I am caught in the middle of a war? Any ideas are much welcomed.

2. dawn_sky

dawn_sky Senior Member

So, is Jane making racist comments about M., or is he getting mad because she makes racist statements about other people?

If M. is a minority, how can you imagine him not being offended? If this is the case, I can't imagine why he didn't dump you the first time you suggested that getting offended was immature.

If M. is getting upset about her comments about other people, good for him every time he tells her how assinine that is. Why do you want to spend time with a racist?

No, I don't have much sympathy for your problem here. You are defending someone who is clearly in the wrong. If you are going to tell anyone "to be mature", you should tell your friend Jane to grow up. It sounds like she needs a few real friends to tell her honestly how obnoxious her racist comments are.

3. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

theyre probably just hot for eachother, grease em up and let them go at it. videotape it and sell it on the internet.

4. dotadave

dotadave Member

Why are you friends with a racist?

5. Megara

Megara Banned

tell both of them to knock it the fuck off...and if one doesnt quit, ditch em.

6. sugrmag

sugrmag Uber Nerd

And you're friends with a racist because she's so nice as long as you aren't a person that she thinks she's superior to?