Friend of Assange

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by tikoo, May 25, 2019.

1. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

16 May 2019
    The Associated Press | By Matthew Barakat
    ALEXANDRIA, Va. — Former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning was ordered back to jail Thursday for refusing to testify to a grand jury, even after telling a judge she'd rather "starve to death" than cooperate with prosecutors.

U.S. District Judge Anthony Trenga ordered her to remain incarcerated at the Alexandria jail either until she agrees to testify or until the grand jury's term expires in 18 months. He also imposed fines that will kick in at $500 a day after 30 days and $1,000 a day after 60 days.

Manning already spent two months in jail for refusing a previous subpoena to testify to a grand jury investigating Wikileaks.

2. Welcome to 1984.

3. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Assange held in a London high-security prison - solitary confinement .

4. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I found this. Seems to agree with your post. I knew she had been released from a previous circumstance so I looked into it, and yep. As of the 16th she's been remanded into custody.

Chelsea Manning ordered back to jail for defying grand jury subpoena

5. Ralez01

Ralez01 Members

This guy is where he belongs. There are plenty of people who went to prison or are still in prison for less, or even similar crimes. The fact is, Manning made news by switching genders. This got him exactly what he wanted…sympathy by public opinion. Obama would have never pardoned Manning had he not become a she, but alas, identity politics won the day and Manning is now free.