friday the 13th.

Discussion in 'New Movies' started by blackcat666, Feb 3, 2009.

1. blackcat666

blackcat666 Senior Member

this remake of the 1978 classic, is about to hit the theaters soon.
    it has been kept quite tightly under wraps. useally not a good sgin at all!
    anyone know something more then i do about this remake?

2. jmt

jmt Ezekiel 25:17

ad. didnt look that bad

3. FireflyInTheDark

FireflyInTheDark Sell-out with a Heart of Gold

Apparently it's getting really bad reviews. Not going to stop me from going to see it tonight! The previews have impressed me, and I am stoked. It will be my first F13 movie seen in theaters... and on Friday the 13th! I'm actually having a terrifically rotten day, so watching a bunch of teenie boppers get slaughtered will be just what the doctor ordered. That's what slashers are all about anyway, though, right?
    Ah, stylized violence... so safe, so satisfying. :D

4. FireflyInTheDark

Saw it opening night and was very impressed with it as a remake. Jason was more hardcore than in previous movies. Really brutal. More intelligent and quick.
    As a standalone, I can't really judge it because I was too busy nerding out over all of the references. Some people are saying it was oddly paced, but I think they're just pissed they got punked at the beginning. :D
    All in all a fun ride for fans of the original.

5. kif

kif Member

I loved it! As a huge fan of the F13th series, I say that they did it right!

6. FireflyInTheDark

I don't think I know what you mean about special effects... do you mean 3-d animation (a la "pinball Jason" in Freddy vs. Jason) or more realistic gore (Hostel).
    Personally, I like the cheese-factor that comes with watching the old ones, and I think this one had a good balance of old-school head-cracking and corn syrup fun with the realistic stuff thrown in when they really want to be brutal.
    Definitely not breaking any records here, but like I said before, it was a fun ride.

7. March of the Meanies

March of the Meanies Member

Haven't been out to see it but I'm very curious, being a big fan of the original.

And I actually love cheesy effects more than today's 'realism'. Movies like "Demon Knight" with they purely awesome guts and blood all over the place are much better, in my opinion, than seeing as close to a real murder as I can.

Lol, I'm definitely watching Demon Knight tonight now

8. FireflyInTheDark

9. March of the Meanies

March of the Meanies Member

Ha I kinda remember that from when I was a kid! B-List horror ftw!