French Toast....mmmmmmmmmm

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by homebudz, May 9, 2004.

1. homebudz

homebudz Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Just made some french toast for my wife and I.Man was that good.A little dash of cinnamin and a dash of nutmeg.OH YEAH:D !!

2. Duncan

Duncan Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

No females in this house, but I did treat myself to a batch of homemade buttermilk pancakes. We don't keep buttermilk in the house too often, so it was an especially delightful treat.

3. homebudz

That sounds even better then french toast!!Maybe next weekend.:cool:

4. angelgodiva

angelgodiva Senior Member

I made waffles this morning, but with real butter and homemade maple syrup. It was gooood!! I can't wait till summer when the waffles will have fresh blueberries in them.

5. homebudz

Now ya went and done it...........I'm starvin'.

6. teepi

teepi living my dream

I loooooove French toast....I'm losing this weight I put back on so we don't have it very often but I love it made with thick slices of sourdough bread, and banana walnut caramel sauce.....aaahhhhhh

7. homebudz

Yesterday was the first time we had french toast in a long time.My wife usually likes whole wheat pancakes,which I don't make very often either.Breakfast is my favorite meal,yet it is the one I have maybe once a week.Too busy.Peace

8. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Had waffles this morning...used maple syrup this time, but my favorite syrup is the honey/cream kind...the product name is either Denise's or Michelle's honey cream syrup...love that stuff!!

9. teepi

teepi living my dream

I too love to have a nice big leisurely breakfast, the one where you just sit out on the veranda and there's a cool breeze blowing and the OJ is cold, birds are tweetin', your talking about where you might take a ride to, down a country road.

I try to make a very special meal on Sunday mornings as Larry is out of town all week now.
    But most weekday morns when I'm by myself...I eat oatmeal. I love it.
    I put chopped apple,walnuts or pecans,raisins and cinnamon in it, with a bit of maple syrup.

10. Dolphin~Rider

Dolphin~Rider Member

If anything I made was as delicious as that sounds, I could never lose weight! Just become a chef.