Freedom

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by 3xi, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

First off, I'm not leaving because I didn't get the response I wanted. Actually many people on this thread have said they would consider going and I was expecting that many people would not be up for this idea. It is because of all of the off-topic attacks and the constant lack of respect from half of the members including the moderator. This type of behavior is not allowed at other forums which would allow a thread like this to exist without the bullshit and mindless bickering that usually starts with the hip forums moderator himself.

It would be nice to see relayer and others in another forum, let's see how you act when you have to be respectful. I wonder if you will have anything to say at all.

As for burnabowl and Desos, thank you for your intelligent response. Yes, I was thinking about a well guarded perimeter to make sure that people like relayer can never get close.

My wife and I are polyamorous and although we would not expect everyone to embrace this lifestyle obviously this type of lifestyle would work very well in this community.

I'm going to shroomery where we have to be mindful of how we present ourselves which will make reading through these threads much more enjoyable and not nearly as annoying. I question the hip forums judgment to allow such a disrespectful person to be the moderator of the drug forms. I know there are no rules against assholes posting at shroomery but at least he will quickly lose his reputation if he acts in the way he acted in this thread.

I don't have a problem with people who do not like my idea or who don't think that this could ever work, I have a problem with the constant disrespect and off-topic attacks. I have a problem with the inability to address the point because people hold a grudge from past disagreements.

Well that's it for me. Peace

2. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

3. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

The first personal attack made in this thread, by guess who!
    Thread closed.

4. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

Everyone... please keep things respectful- even in the process of hashing through disagreements. This means not labeling someone as dense because you do not see eye to eye with them.

There are no perfect people. As moderators, we do the best we can but being human can itself trip us up. Relayer is an ideal moderator for the Psychedelics forum but this doesn't mean that he is perfect any more than I'm perfect. However, calling him dense is in fact a personal attack. We discourage this type of rebuttal because it creates a hostile environment that newer folks might feel less comfortable taking part in discussions and as such is a burden to freedom of speech. Using negative characterizations of ones person instead of expressing a difference of opinion is a tool for diverting the topic into a flame war and is not "freedom of speech"-- it is abuse of that freedom and can only endanger such freedom for everyone.

I'm not asking or expecting for folks to always express agreement nor do I expect that debates to be effective persuaders of the participants but discussing different sides of an issue can help enlighten the casual reader because 100% agreement on anything will only stagnate a discussion. Please differ with respect because self moderation will enable moderators to remain invisible- which some of us prefer.

Peace

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.