Freedom

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by 3xi, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

hahaha all he does is pretend to be discussing these amazing abstract things

and then when people reply

"Ur stoopid lol"

"no u"

"lewl ur a narc pedo murderer white devil"

grow up man, how old are you?

2. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I think he's in his 30's :tongue:

3. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

I asked his age not his iq

4. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

You claim to use LSD and you're interested in psychedelic drugs so much that you dedicate much of your time as the moderator to the psychedelic section of the hip forums and yet you think that using LSD is unacceptable and should be illegal.

How can you sit there and pretend to be confused with how I drew this conclusion?

5. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

lol

6. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

I do agree that you can't have any adequate screening process to foresee all contingencies, but I think the chances of a kid being endangered because of a random psychotic trip are as good as dying in a plane crash. also I would imagine banning guns in such a society is impractical if it was a semi-outdoor lifestyle so one would have to take his chances even if he still calls it utopian. also I don't know that raising a kid in such a place would be wrong, unless he was kept ignorant of the outside world or he was forced to stay. he may even doubly relish our babylonian empire if he chooses it since he wasn't raised on it. it's late ( :-l )

7. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Just because he doesn't condone the idea of using illegal drugs around children? If you do, I would consider you the piece of shit.

Anybody that thinks using illegal drugs in the presence of kids, either themselves do not have kids, or they don't care. Either way, you are ignorant. I can't believe people are okay with using illegal substances in the presence of children...that is sad.

I have a 2 year old daughter, so I do have the right to express an opinion about this.

Also, 3xi, you didn't answer my response as to how I am "greedy."

Not being able to wait and do drugs when children aren't around is greedy, if anything.

I would hate to see how your children are raised.

He is the moderator of the entire drug portion of the website, this doesn't ONLY include the psychedelics forum. He posts more in the opiate forum then he does this one.

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Yea, u4ia summed it up, but I will go on to say that I do, in fact, think LSD should be ilegal.
    Because it prevents people from corrupting young spiritual minds, if it was legal you would have
    all kinds of weirdos preaching to street kids and runaways and conforming them to bizarre beliefs.
    Trust me, I've been to the Rainbow Family gatherings and lived on the road, I've joined society
    that tries to live exactly how you and Mara are dreaming of, and it doesnt work that way.
    The reality is, when you have children, forcing them to live in what society deems a cult, no
    matter what you want to call it, is confusing and unfair because you force your (ilegal) lifestyle
    on them.
    And whatever my political opinion is regarding LSD has no bearing on my enthusiasm towards its
    use, nor does it negatve my wealth of experience and knowledge about the chemical, nor does it
    have anything to do with moderating this forum. There is another mod here by the way, in fact
    there are quite a few who simply dont post in this area, so its not like you have an unbalanced
    team looking over what is posted here man. Everyone has a right to an opinion, and besides who
    cares if its ilegal? Since LSD was first discovered, it has ALWAYS been availabe, and Im not
    complaining. Any time I've wanted acess to it, its been there. A societys effort to legalize it
    should not be lead by a few opinionated biased pseudo spiritualits but rather should be given the
    time to have the stigma and fear attached to it through propoganda to die, which in fact, is
    happening at a nice pace.

9. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I'd like to go there for sure, but if I'd stay would all depends on the society of course. Could be a lot worse than where I live now for sure.

10. neim

neim Member

i've read the whole thread and i have to say this won't work... and if it worked, i wouldn't go because it will be a madhouse.

BUT i have a new reason!:

there's no escape. you aren't little children to move away if you don't like anything. this is earth now and you and me are responsible for things as they are. things won't change trowing this city away and starting a new one.

this is not pessimistic in any way. this is evolution as you know it, embrace your percent of reponsability and this community will change with no effort.

11. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

A Brave New World was my immediate thought when I read this thread.

The reason why these societies dont work is because of people. Sadly people need to be restricted to maintain a certain level of order, but that's ok, because freedom has nothing to do with liberties. You can be sitting in a jail cell and be the freest person, you can be in your own private island and feel like a prisoner.

It's a contradictory idea to want to have a "Free" society with this crazy screening process. Who determines who gets to go? Once there, will there be rules? Who determines these rules? What happens when someone doesnt agree with one? What happens when someone feels there should be a rule that no one else agrees with?

No matter how many things we have in common, getting even a small group of people to exist in harmony is extremely difficult, because not only are we all individuals with our own ideas of what's wrong and right, but people change. We are changing all the time and I think psychedelics make these changes even more intense.

Maybe SOMEDAY people will be able to live in some paradisiac world like this, but there's still a long, long way to go.

We are all chaotic monkeys :)

12. Autentique

Autentique wonderfabulastic

:)

13. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

I know I should have done this a long time ago but am off to find another forum. There use to be some mature and enlightened souls that graced this form with their presence, maybe they left for the same reason.

This thread is evidence of the lack of maturity and the surprising inability to comprehend what is being read. Anyone who actually enjoyed reading my posts can find me elsewhere.

The forum seems to be reserved for those with destructive tendencies. The hip forums is not about change it is about wasting away on drugs. A bunch of kids and nothing better to do than get wasted. Well you can enjoy this now without the seemingly uncomfortable reminder that life has meaning, that you once got through many posts by 3xi.

Peace and love

14. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Either that, or proof of your irrational, sweeping judgements you hold towards people who disagree with you.
    I recommend bluelight or shroomery. One things for sure, if its any big forum, you wont be escaping your favorite person in the world, ME!

15. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

Don't go! I don't know anyone else your age who is that full of themselves :(

You are like a specimen sample to me

i want to poke your soft, stupid, angry jelly

poke

16. Desos

Desos Senior Member

don't go. you should stand up for your beleifs and ideas even if you stand alone. surrender is the only true loss.

--

but about the utopia...

well i think that this would be an interesting social experiment. i think it would be fine for children who were born on the island to be raised there, but not for children to be brought there.

people would have to be able to live on the assumption that everyone there was good at their core, otherwise having no laws would not work. a screening process would be necesary. this might seem contradictory to the whole idea, but well in the age of reason there has been a great amount of prejudice against ideas such as contradiction when infact they might even make sense. it shouldn't be such a crime to say: i contradict myself!

but because there would need to be a screening process the whole thing would have to be protected by armed forces of some sort -- otherwise the place could just get invaded. but with the way things are going today it is a pretty massive crime for any country to invade another, although if it is a massive country they might be able to throw their weight around and be like: well what are you going to do about it? it is generally accepted that it is better to let a small country perish than go into a large scale war.

people whigging out would be part of life there, everyone would do it atleast once. but with a whole society of experienced trippers and few harmful weapons it wouldn't be all that hard to contain one person that is freaking out for the duration of their trip. it would be like having every single person in society being your trip sitter.

life expectancy would drop, but that is just natural. medicine has expanded our lifespan by alot. i guess you could quarantine the area and make sure that no viruses got in though.

the first generation would obviously be living off ideals that they gained from our society, the next generation would be living off a culture created by the first generation. so eventually the culture would be the only distinguishing factor between the utopia and the rest of the world, and the culture would be free to evolve free of restrictions generation after generation. would the culter remain similar, or would it erupt into chaos and social systems similar to ours?

17. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

If one's intention is only to restore a village feel to our crowded world and complicated lives, it's more feasible. We have an evolutionary need to be part of a tight-knit group for survival reasons. We're not nomads but the emotional need is still there. Some seek it in religion with various side-effects.

I believe that the hippies and other commune enthusiasts failed for two primary reasons: 1 it's hugely difficult to be fully self-sufficient and 2 the communers sorta get bored and crave the luxuries of babylon.

Although I can't find it to post, I read something about a fusion commune, in which people have a few houses on one common property and much is shared and trust is abundant, but the income earners commute to a normal city job and the kids go to normal schools (or homeschooled). But it's not an insular or an ideologically separate society. I think they mostly do it for economic reasons, and the village-need is met.

I wonder about introducing inter-sexing or intermarrying to the mix (not polygamy but polyandry?; equal numbers of men and women all sharing each other sexually, haha). The pros could be: strong bonds of trust as all are literally family (and consequently a greater village environment as all adults are considered parents), enhanced sex life and avoidance of things associated with sexual repression, etc.

the cons are obvious: jealousies, liberties taken with minors, etc. I'm just brain-jizzing, but like other social systems, its not the exact code or nature of the system it's the people that constitute it that give it its definition and viability. ;^l

18. introspectre

introspectre Member

yes, I would

19. Feelings Of U4ia

Feelings Of U4ia Senior Member

Yes, leave because you got responses that you didn't like, and not everyone agreed with you. Yet you call US immature.

Good riddance.

20. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I would just check it out because it seems something interesting, new and adventurous. Why stay in the same society all your life? You'd be missing out. I rather be immature then :cheers2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.