Freedom

Discussion in 'LSD - Acid Trips' started by 3xi, Jan 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

If you had the opportunity to move to a society with no money, no tax, no wealthy or poor and no laws, where all your needs and comforts of life are met, would you give up your current life and go?

2. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

I almost forgot, the society would be equipped with an advanced chemistry lab giving you access to quality LSD and other fine drugs.

3. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

depends.

not sure I could leave my family.

4. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Nah, might end up like Jonestown :tongue:
    Unless of course, I can bring as many AK-47s and rocket launchers as I want to defend myself, *just in case* lol
    Really it just depends on who is behind the new society, I can sniff a psycho manipulator from a trillion miles away.

5. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

^ yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Unlimited access to free LSD isn't for everyone. Can't have people snapping on me.

6. nick16

nick16 Member

i dont think i could leave for good but i would like to go to something like that for awhile then come back to this society and see what i like better. an experence is an esperence why throw one away? take advantage of everthing that is in front of you. i would gladely give this a try

7. 3xi

3xi Senior Member

Obviously those of you with a pessimistic attitude would not be invited and there would be a harsh screening process to ensure our safety.

I don't see any reason to leave your family behind.

The idea would be to live in a free society and access to free LSD is only a small benefit.

There would be no need for citizens to carry guns as the perimeter would be defended with advanced technology.

Anyone who thinks that having access to LSD is going to cause problems can relax because they will not be invited.

8. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

And anyone who is dumb enough to take their family, especially if they
    have children, to a new society that exists because of people making a
    experiment with LSD use and familiarity between strangers without bringing
    defense shouldnt cry when it breaks down and Jonestown part 2 unfolds.
    3xi this has been attempted several times, not openly advertising LSD use
    because there is no country in the world which would allow you to purchase
    the land and claim that LSD is now legal in your own mini country, and
    every single time, these societys fell apart as fast as they were thought
    up.
    If Im not allowed to bring a gun to defend myself against someone who
    takes one too many trips and looses it, then you can guarentee I would
    never risk my familys life taking such a chance. No matter how rigorous
    your 'screening process' is (funny, because this would obviously entail
    a psychological screening, something you have several times openly spoke
    out against) a mental break down can happen anytime and anywhere.
    Besides, I would not force my child to just up and leave everything he
    has experienced in life to move in with a drug cult because that is not
    good parenting, its selfish and restrictive parenting.

9. Xora

Xora Member

If you believe technology can fix security problems, you dont understand security or technology.

People must be able to have the freedom to defend themself. Outside of that yes, I would be very happy to go to a place like that.

10. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Exactly. Like, what kind of 'advanced' technology are we talking about here lol?
    Lazers? Rockets? Turrets? A big red button that unleashes the hounds?
    Just wait until the guerilla militants decides to come and rob the unsuspecting
    stargazers with plastered smiles.
    And on top of that, the word 'freedom' implies liberty. Like, oh I dont know,
    say, the 'freedom' to bring a gun if I want to?
    I think you may need to go back to the drawing board on this one 3xi. Perhaps
    it needs a new definition, because control and harsh screening is far from free.

11. xXzXx

xXzXx Member

Basicaly, what you are proposing is utopia with discriminative values, which contradicts itself. Human nature in it's full way is individuality, being unable to discharge this bordeline is a self-reflex bent on searching for the truth and happines. Even tho that humanity as being an awkward and vague term, it is on a similar level of compexity such is society.

Anyway, also by insisting on simply not "inviting" a person which has a doubtful heart and willing to assert his mind functions in a way of critizing or questioning the dogma, you are turning the whole idea of a perfect society (now sounding closer to mindslaughter kingdom) and the core of psychedellic usage into a quarrel.

This whole point of transforming a group of preset units into a sofisticated system of layering in society is not needed as far as elementary rules go. By changing this whole into more abstract meant analogy it's thought becomes pointless.

And as one last thing, if you are absolutely in a need of answer to your question by a simple individual, I would tell you this: "With the given I stand and you offer lie, should I stay blinded or unfold and die?"

12. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Whatever you do guys, dont drink the koolaid in freedom town.
    [​IMG]

13. eskimoblueday

eskimoblueday Member

To eliminate war, pain, suffering, grief, and all the associated emotions and experience, is to denature humans. We can only experience joy if we have also experienced the other end of the spectrum, otherwise we cannot recognise it as joy. Have you read Huxley's Brave New World, or Orwell's 1984?

14. TheKitch

TheKitch Member

15. Desos

Desos Senior Member

i think the point is that no one would be apt to breaking down, and no one would be violent, so you would need no protection.

so really instead of questioning the fundamentals of this society the question should be are we really meant to be perfect?

16. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

I wonder if public homosexual intercourse would be welcomed in your society during the acid experiences, 3xi?

17. rygoody

rygoody Senior Member

Relayer, only bisexual people would be allowed. It'd be like ancient greece.

But, no, about the subject. This notion that it's possible to make an Utopia I do not think is that absurd. There are places out there that are functioning with Utopian qualities.

But I don't think just passing out LSD will do the thing. I would be more inclined to center a village around mushrooms. And you couldn't just pass them out, there would have to be a central spiritual practice to this in order to keep community. You can read about places and groups doing this right now, Santo Daime or one of the Native American communities that are still holding peyote ritual. I don't know how Utopian there culture is, but certainly there culture would have to be much more spiritually aware and harmonized with nature than our cities.

18. RELAYER

RELAYER mādhyamaka

Ah, the good old gay-reeks :tongue:

19. itsallgood

itsallgood Senior Member

i would be there without any questions, it would be called acidophilous

20. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

op: yes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.