Freedom From Atheism

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Zzap, Nov 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Less than a hundred thousand people have been killed by religious groups since the dawn of time or the dawn of said religion? Lol. I think that is grossly miscalculated by a long shot. I think you forgot to multiply that number by a decent large number

And then divided.

And then multiplies by another thousand.

2. quark

quark Parts Unknown

Why would the behaviour of religious practitioners prove/disprove the existence of a god?

I wouldn't be surprised if Writer ignores that piss poor question.

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

If running for office in The United States you pretty much have to show some form of public piety in order to have any hope of winning. Imagine someone running as a secular humanist; in most districts they wouldn't stand a chance. Christians dominate our elected (and non-elective) offices. There are more Christians in the US than everyone else put together. Yet some Christians complain like they're a hated minority. I don't get it. Could it be they just don't like having to share the public square with anyone else?

4 people like this.
  4. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

You just proved your own point wrong; he didn't kill in the name of atheism; he didn't kill because he was too critical of religion; he didn't kill because he used too much skeptical inquiry in his life; he killed because he lived his life too much LIKE a religion, worshipping communism and nationalism. His was a totalitarian government; you were killed for any deviation from HIS vision, whether he was atheist or calvinist. This was a political dogma.

Your argument falls on its face from step one anyways, because it sounds like you are claiming that if only he was more dogmatic in a religion, he wouldn't have been a murderer? When we know that religious dogmatism is one of the most reliable ways to generate a murderer.

I highly doubt your figures here, and it makes more sense to look at deaths outside of official wars as well.

I don't know about you, but I consider there to be a profound difference between the threat of having my christian cross made illegal on the front of my store by a secular law, and having my head removed from my body by a pious blade. I know you are working very hard to concoct a rhetoric in which there really is a war on christmas and it truly is the end times thanks to atheism, but at some point you're going to have to learn about proportion.

Religion does not have a monopoly on conscience; believe it or not atheists grapple with complex ethical issues that demand exercising our conscience.

I'm an atheist because I lack belief in the existence of any god, and I'm an anti-theist because of the antics of religious practitioners and the disgusting contents of the sacred texts of the worlds major religions.

Though the two tie together in theodicy.

I make a clear and deep distinction between Deism and Theism, with the former having much more philosophical weight and respect to it.

Noxious, do you believe in Thor? How about Mithra? Maybe Isis? What about Allah? No wait, Baal? If you don't believe in these, you are an atheist with respect to them. I simply add whatever god YOU have in mind to my list. You are free to do so as well!

In this thread, our lovely Zzap, holds the position that without subscribing to a major world religion, one cannot have morality, conscience, values, or purpose, and one is at risk of becoming a genocidal maniac without the textual guidance of a fictional deity. He also holds the position that religion is under a most diabolical and gruesome attack by atheists, and that he requires nothing short of Amnesty International's aid in gaining freedom from the various horrors visited upon him by the godless, such as internet posts on a forum.

2 people like this.
  5. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Naw, I'm pretty sure he understands what I am asking.....

and look at that, he did
    thank you for the clarification.

6. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

and just how often do you think people do exactly that? it happens all the time.

7. Bud D

Bud D Member

My Grandparents are devoted Christians and I believe they worry about changes in the country. They want America to be a Christian nation with christian values and laws. They feel there are evil people with evil intentions and even more evil beliefs. They don't really care for anyone that isn't descendant from Western Europe, gays and transsexuals, marijuana or drug users, non-Christians, or anything else that isn't popular in the bible. They are nice people that hate very easily. They feel that atheist are attacking their institutions. The way things have been that gave them stability and power are not as strong and dominant as was once the norm.

All I can say is it sucks to be them. I'd like to see a lot of changes but I don't tell my Grandparents that. I don't find any harm in plants that intoxicate, in fact I find them religious. I don't care if people are gay, just don't think I am. I find transsexuals a little strange but that's because I am happy with my sex and sexuality. I don't particularly believe in God because I've never experienced what I would settle for "what pulls the strings". Harmony is more important than what divides us!

Society will evolve, at least in America and the free world people can organize their complaints for social changes. It's the people that aren't even effected that complain about others who are effected....that shit has got too stop!

8. Dejavu~

Dejavu~ Members

Zapp:

Since your pained claim requires nothing to remain what it is, I'll just stand by ( action enough lol ) and watch you suck on it. :-D

Fear not! My schadenfroh won't grow, and laughter frees you from its throe!

The rest of life may hold you to account however. To free yourself from this wicked, wicked world, all you have to do is die. Then you'll be in heaven with your god and the rest of his posse! - Just don't kill yourself. That's a sin for your kind. Bide your time. Eat your vegetables. Try to get enough sleep.

( Bonus tip: To free yourself from atheists while waiting to croak your way into the lords lovely lily pond, try to refrain from starting "Freedom From Atheism" threads! Or posting in them! :-D)

3 people like this.
  9. Moonglow181

Moonglow181 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I missed you, Deja... :)

1 person likes this.
  10. Zzap

Zzap Member

wow!

seeing such a dramatic indignant rhetoric the only conclusion to be had is that atheists are got their asses handed to them. I'm sorry.

I am totally open reviewing any reasoned argument if you have one.

11. Bud D

Bud D Member

Maybe they should put the helmet on atheist so they call become republicans?

12. Zzap

Zzap Member

So in order for you to recognize atheism you assume he would have taken a rubber stamp and using red ink stamped everyone head with "KILLED BY ATHEIST LOONATIK"

So then you admit that atheist communism and atheist nationalism are both religions, yet in the same breath tell me I proved my point wrong before you proved my point correct..... thats a bit twisted dont you think?

Yes atheists make great loonaticks, I cant believe you said that but ok.......

Nope nothing of the sort, religion(s) et al are based upon morals, he had no moral compass.

Its highly doubtful you will ever come up with dogma as a source of generating murderers that is patently ridiculous.

Threat? You seem to conveniently forget about all the greedy atheist commercial rules that are destroying religious peoples lives. Court rulings are not considered rhetoric and it sounds ridiculous to say it is.

Again you prove/admit part of the main premise that atheism is in fact a religion. Thanks!

Oh no not that 'lacker' argument.

You do know that is a laughably illiterate position dont you?

13. Zzap

Zzap Member

I dont think that is the case but I'd enjoy any cite you can come up with.

Yes Zap is lovely, however its really foolish to state YOUR ILLGOTTEN INTERPRETATION of Zzaps position as some kind of fact when nothing could be further from the truth. Apparently you have no arguments left and the only card you have left to play is to completely misrepresent my position.

Zzap has never pushed subscibing to a major world religion, and has always said that anyone having morals and is subject to their dictates their conscience are religious, and that can be seen throughout the thread. So you only shoot yourself in the foot with that lie.

There again, another bold faced lie. Why do this to yourself, anyone can look back at my posts which made the record to verify that you are simply making shit up. I rarely put people on ignore but when they simply invent shit out of thin air and pretend it is my premise there is a point where I will put them on ignore.

Religion is in fact under attack by atheists, and its quite laughable to see them deny they are religious in the beginning of a sentence and by the time they get to the end of the sentence they admit they are religious. Most entertaining.
    It not as much diabolical as laughable on the forums, and should carry huge prison sentences for those atheists who trample the rights of theists by legislating in favor of the atheist religion.

14. Zzap

Zzap Member

If people lose their 'reserved' right to 'exercise their religion' (including atheists) through ignorance of what it really means, or some typical judicial sleight of hand subterfuge euphemistic regurgitated interpretation, (like some posters do on forums) which incidentally like free speech and arms is NOT 'UNDER' the laws of the united states, but outside and set apart from the laws of the united states they will have condemned themselves and every generation thereafter to complete slavery.

Rights is a legitimate venue for anyone to 'complain' about. If I run across a constitutional thread somewhere maybe I will explain it further.

15. Bud D

Bud D Member

Ya but what's really the issue with all the butt-hurt? Does it really matter what someone believes or practices that doesn't do a damn thing to change your actual existence?

I don't really care if someone worships the golden member of Jesus or the fucking dick of a horse!

16. Zzap

Zzap Member

sure but again, what about atheists like stalin and several others that murdered not thousands but millions as a matter of greed and power?

It makes a huge difference as I explained. there are over 62 million 'so called' laws on the books and the greater majority are 'technically' in violation of someones religion.

The butt-hurt comes with atheists making laws that the theists do not get to vote on then using said laws to destroy the theists.

17. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Both free exercise of religion and the right to bear arms are expressly protected by the Bill of Rights (First and Second Amendments, respectively. As a practical matter, it's up to the courts do decide in the final analysis what the scope of our rights are. That's what courts are for. And I think that's sensible. Otherwise, we're at the mercy of a bunch of vigilante ko

19. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

You're feeding a troll.

When you visit a troll's thread, you deserve whatever you get.

20. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

You should visit North Carolina...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.