Free Tibet!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Protest' started by mellow jello, Jun 1, 2006.

1. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

so seeing as the Dali Lama is a pacifist, you will never support the cause?

2. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

He can be a pacifist, he can be a militant, but until he stands on his own homeland and stands up for what he believes in, whether or not he allows himself to be taken prisoner or whatever, what right has he to say fight my battle for me. He bops around the celebrity capitals of the world asking for support. He's housed, sheltered and celebrated while his people endure deprivation. To me it seems like he is just another in the scheme of the powerful that want others to win the battle for him. Do as St. Francis did and throw off your worldly goods and care about those that are smaller and frailer than yourself. He has a title and he uses it to benefit who? I am not impressed by titles, only personal action.

3. icedteapriestess

icedteapriestess linguistic freak

you aren't Buddhist, are you? seems like you don't understand the basic underlining principles of Buddhism.

He isn't asking anyone to FIGHT... in fact, he is asking the opposite. He is asking for Public Support. Public support doesn't have to cost you anything, really... you don't have to donate money, you just need to speak up.

Unfortunatly, as I said before, the celebrities have all moved on to new causes. If anything was going to be accomplished through public support and outcry, it would have happened in the last half of the 1990's... '96-'99... but nothing did happen.

4. gardener

gardener Realistic Humanist

No I am not a Buddhist, or a Catholic or even Methodist. I am an individual who cares about my family, friends and the world. I will not join an organized group to build a power base for themselves, don't ask me. But if you are in need and you are someone I value I will defend you and be your friend for life.

I ask you what has the DL done with all the money he has generated? Has he helped his people can you show us how all that money was used to diminish their suffering.

5. Highwaystar

Highwaystar Member

Free Tibet??!! Ill take one!! - Sorry.... but yes free Tibet!

6. Chinese Troubadour

Chinese Troubadour Member

Tibetan people should have self-determination to their own land, they should decide whether Tibet should be governed as a autonomous part of china, an independent theocracy led by Dalai Lama, a secular monarchy, a consitutional republic, or a parliamentary democracy. You guys dont have rights to say about their fates.