Fred Phelps Near Death

Discussion in 'Gay News' started by Shale, Mar 17, 2014.

1. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

I hear his super flexible ankles help him swim faster. How many olympic golds doea he have? 10? Fucking incredible!

2. mrmic

mrmic Member

That's Micheal Phelps, lol. I think a lot of people are mixing that up.

3. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Greatest olympian ever? Maybe

4. Beca012

Beca012 Member

I think it's inhumane to find pleasure in other people's misery. But that's my opinion and I respect yours :) I'm not saying that the world wouldn't be a better place. I'm just saying that it's morbid to celebrate the deaths and I'm referring to the big parades in the US that took place after he was killed. I don't know if your comment and scratcho's was directed to me but I thought I'd throw my input in anyway!

5. OddApple

OddApple Member

They were just imitating the street dances and celebrations some filthy creatures not up to the level of an animal have ev-e-ry time something bad happens to us or the uk.......suits me. Being rid of one more of that rubbish is a reason to celebrate.

6. ginalee14

ginalee14 eternity

Just an FYI for anyone who might be interested to know it, Osama Bin Laden is on a list of geniuses. Of course, the list is "living" geniuses but the point is ... the man is on the list.

http://www.dorothyrowe.com.au/articles/item/196-100-living-geniuses-oct-07

7. Shale

Shale ~

3K innocent ppl died horrible deaths on Sept 11, 2001. Osama Bin Laden found pleasure in that. Therefore he was inhumane.

Fred Phelps caused people's misery at their most vulnerable moments of grieving. Therefore he was inhumane.

In my opinion, inhumane = not human.

Did you see the Palestinians dancing in the streets on 09-11-01?

8. roamy

roamy Senior Member

why are all those people not in prison ? if i walked down the street holding a hate banner i'd be arrested.freedom of speech and expression is fine,but freedom of hate speech like the w.b.c. people do should definitely be classed as a criminal offence.peronally i think they should all be in prison.

9. Shale

Shale ~

It is in our constitution that all speech is protected, even indecorous and hate speech. Usually, in most venues you counter it with your own speech. But, WBC crossed lines in my opinion by targeting funerals of ppl who died of AIDS or Matthew Shepard when he was brutally murdered for being gay.

Many communities tried to get around the First Amendment by creating a barrier away from funerals, but the courts (also in my opinion) overstepped the spirit of the law and said they were allowed to be asswipes and harass the mourners. I was a card-carrying member of the American Civil Liberties Union for over 15 years but dropped my membership because they helped the Phelps pack fight those restrictions.

When they started targeting the funerals of fallen warriors, at least the Bikers got involved and showed up en mass to block the WBC scum from getting near the grieving mourners.