Freak Brothers !!!

Discussion in 'Humor Books' started by lover/young_peace, Jul 4, 2004.

1. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

anybody else love em? Seriously, the Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers are some funny comics. ahhhh I'm like going to piss meself laughing. okay, so if you already know them respond here.... if not go out and get them it's funny shit!

~~~~~~peace~~~~

2. Scholar_Warrior

Scholar_Warrior Be Love Now

3. celeste

celeste Member

Fat Freddys' Cat.The cat would get pissed at somebody & shit in their shoe,love it! FreeWheelin' Franklin! Mr.Natural was a good one too! Thanks for shakin' a memory loose! Keep on Truckin'.

4. Ranchero

Ranchero Member

Yeah absolutly brilliant stuff.Used to live in a house with 2 other guys and we all looked very similar to the bro's I was Phineas.A lot of good drug parties went on there... (trails of into a haze of nostalgia)

5. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

heh, ya know fat freddie was from cleveland OH...

6. rainbowkid

rainbowkid Member

There should be more people like 'The Freak Brothers' and they should make more of the comics.

"When the rich wage war,
    It's the poor who die."

- Jean - Paul Sartre.

7. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They're the Three Stooges of the drug culture!

I managed to track down a rare collector's item, the Feds N Heads board game from 1971. The drug prices are really dated, but it's still a riot to play when you're buzzed!

[​IMG][​IMG]

8. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Feds n Heads...I remember that.

Painted the freak bros on my aprtment wall one time.

I work with an old writer from one of the underground comix now. Didn't find out til recently.

9. Dr.antelope

Dr.antelope Member

love them

10. lover/young_peace

lover/young_peace Senior Member

"Dope will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no dope"

-- yep that's the motto ;)

11. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]My favorite episode was when Norbert the Nark snuck into their apartment and planted a new bugging device which would transmit odors instead of sound, then went back out to his surveillance van, put the breathing mask connected to the odor receiver over his nose and lay in wait so when the Freak Bros. lit up a joint he could smell it and rush in and bust them. The FB's then returned from an evening out at a Mexican restaurant, and Fat Freddy lets loose with a monster burrito fart! Norbert falls out of the van gagging and choking!

12. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

that's a very good motto if you ask me :p

13. Big Bull

Big Bull Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

OOPS! I started a thread on this too! Sorry to the MODS, I looked all over and didn't see this thread!

14. MikeE

MikeE Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

SET YOUR CHICKENS FREEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Retread

Retread Member

My favorite character in the comics was the narc. The guy had long sideburns and wore a giant peace sign the size of a plate....I hear they are making a movie of the Freak Brothers...

16. Ghost of ruins

Ghost of ruins Member

the freak brothers are well known even here in switzerland... Good drawings.. and the game is funny too :)

17. yarapario

yarapario Village Elder

Lets not forget Wonder Warthog...Hog of Steel...what a riot. Going to the head shop pickin' up a handful of new comics, Zap, the FB's Yellow dog, grab some incense and some of those God awful nasty banana flavored rolling papers...shit I'd trade the internet for that any ol' time.
    Wonder Warthog kicks ass on all the folks in line at the welfare office, gets to the desk and grabs a book of foodstamps...eats a handful and says "Phooey, These taste just like paper". My Hero.

18. Ghost of ruins

Ghost of ruins Member

Must have been fun ;). Hope they have Wonder Warthog comics here. I don't own any copy but I ve read some of them.

19. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Once upon a time, I started a thread on that quote.
    It didn't go very far.

One of my favorite expressions of all time is:
    "Don't Fuck It Up".
    That usually doesn't go very far either.

20. yarapario

yarapario Village Elder

Hey Ghost, yeah, it was a fun time...young, brainless and painless. I still smile when I think about those times. Dug all my old comics out today, it'll be fun rereading them for about the 100th time. Try ripoff press's website if you can't find the comics in Switzerland. They sometimes have old stock for sale....Keep on Smilin' Steve