Fox "news."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

“White People are economically advantaged solely because of institutional racism.”

“Whiteness includes concepts such as promptness, hard work, showing up on time, and enjoying the great outdoors”

-Same idiots.

soulcompromise likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I feel that second quote is taken out of context. There's an adherence to work ethic among our managerial leadership that's to be revered for sure; mostly white male managers though. But they're alright. I think that strict adherence to such principles might diminish giving an opportunity to someone who is less adherent due to being less fortunate though. Not everyone has been taught to be shaven and ready at 07:00...

I think that second quote rings true for some due to that factor; opportunity.

And there are plenty of hardworking people of every color and ethnic background/culture etc. White people have an advantageous position. They are the ones making decisions most of the time.

Flagme15 likes this.
  3. 6-eyed shaman

^^^

Hate to breaks it to you, but woke leftists and racists have a lot more In common than they realize

:tearsofjoy:

guerillabedlam likes this.
  4. soulcompromise

You laugh, but it occurs to me that you're right. :wink:

We aren't so different. It's just a matter of putting aside the differences for a common goal* :innocent:

5. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Where do these quotes come from?

Balbus and Flagme15 like this.
  6. MeAgain

Is this supposed to make sense?

Balbus and Flagme15 like this.
  7. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

6 has proved, once again that he is a racist.

8. 6-eyed shaman

Explain how. Seems Soul sounds like more of a racist if he thinks that non-whites lack the discipline to adhere to the basic expectations of professionalism

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
  9. 6-eyed shaman

10. soulcompromise

:tearsofjoy:

I'm not either!

11. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

This is disingenuous at best if not basically lying

You quote my post then put in lines that where not in the post and not said by me.

I also notice you don’t actually address what I said – can you?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2020
  12. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

As I keep saying you need to look at the evidence and that doesn’t seem to back you up – it has been shown that actually social mobility (in either direction) is very low that people born into advantage are likely to remain advantaged and the same with those born into disadvantage.

And again it has been shown that gender and race can have a detrimental social and economic impact on people.

That does not mean social mobility does not take place and that people can find success.

What seems to be happening here is that you are purposely trying to ignore these problems because even if you were going with a belief you could educate yourself about the reality.

Black people who have worked hard and made a success of their lives
    You would need to explain what you need by success but putting that aside.

Again this seems to imply that the reason certain people do not succeed is because they don’t work hard.

But if you looked into the issues around social mobility you would understand that been born into advantage gives a person greater opportunities to succeed that a disadvantaged person.

Like the disadvantaged runner, they could actually work a lot harder than the advantaged runner but still have no chance of getting to the finish line first.

An averagely intelligent student from a advantaged background is in a position to get all the help they need to succeed and can easily pay for extra tuition and higher education while even an above average but disadvantaged student could struggle. Now if you multiply that a million fold you can see how social mobility can stagnate as the advantaged and disadvantaged become entrenched.

But is not just education there are many factors that can contribute to this problem including race and gender.

MeAgain likes this.
  13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Trevor Noah Rips Tucker Carlson For “Planned Vacation” After Racism Controversy

On Friday, the head writer on Tucker Carlson Tonight resigned after racist, homophobic and sexist comments he had written online were discovered.

On Monday, a defiant Tucker Carlson took to the Fox News airwaves saying, “We should also point out to the ghouls now beating their chests at the destruction of a young man: When we pretend we are holy, we are lying.
    When we pose as blameless in order to hurt other people, we are committing the gravest sin of all. And we will be punished for it, there’s no question.”

But Daily Show host Trevor Noah was having none of it.

“Why is Tucker Carlson blaming the public for his head writer getting fired? Fox News chose to fire this person, not the public. And if Fox News fires you for being racist, then you’re RACIST racist.”

erofant and scratcho like this.
  14. MeAgain

15. 6-eyed shaman

Just because someone starts further from the finish line than someone else, that doesn't mean that person won't reach their goals too. Life is not a race track. You don't get defeated if there happens to be someone richer than you who has more advantages. This is why your analogy isn't just stupid, it's CHURLISH.

If Clara Brown, an ex slave who was emancipated at the age of 56, had her children sold off to the highest bidders and never seen again, can become an entrepreneur of a successful laundromat and end up a wealthy land owner. Then no non-white person has an excuse to cry and blame someone else for their failures while demanding an entitlement from the government. Especially since nobody alive in the US or UK was ever an ex-slave like Clara.

The success of others does not diminish you in any way.

16. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I'm assuming you've seen this but this showed up in my feed after I watched that video. It's pretty good as well...

6-eyed shaman likes this.
  17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Again you are just ignoring the evidence and going with your belief.

It has been shown that in the US social mobility (in either direction) is very low that people born into advantage are likely to remain advantaged and the same with those born into disadvantage.

Yes there can be exceptions but they do not disprove the rule.

MeAgain likes this.
  18. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

And again that doesn’t make the evidence go away and you are looking at an example who died in 1885.

And did you actually look at Clare Brown’s history?

Yes she made money but she also gave a lot of it away “Clara’s door was always open. Despite the prejudices given her, she always welcomed those in need and helped when she could..Sick and injured miners, regardless of race, would often seek out Clara for help, and she would give them a place to recover and cared for them until they could return to work. Her properties were open to those who were homeless and needed a place to stay. Pregnant women asked Clara to help deliver their babies. Many of these services she provided for free to those who were destitute

With her philanthropy and the cost of trying to seeking out of her children and due to circumstances beyond her control (flood and fire) she actually lost her wealth but the community she had helped for so long came to her rescue, and someone set her up in a cottage.

And this is the thing - I talk of the advantaged and the disadvantaged – and you want to bring up race.

Clare Brown helped disadvantaged people regardless of race because she knew anyone could need help and assistance sometimes in their lives.

But you really seem to want to imply that only non-whites cry and blame and need or seek - no demand - help.

Why is that?

19. MeAgain

Your argument is that if one person can overcome discrimination...it doesn't exist.

Not a very valid argument.

erofant, Balbus and Tyrsonswood like this.
  20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Clara Brown is the same person 6eyes has been using to "prove" his argument for years... Apparently he can't find another one.

erofant and Tishomingo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.