Fox "news."

Discussion in 'Politics' started by scratcho, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

In a world in which there is ongoing death, disease, hardship, poverty, inequality, environmental degradation and corruption their big concerns seem to be flags and statues, conspiracies and the myths of political correctness.

That’s not subverting an argument it’s my opinion and I’m sure I’m not the only person that has noticed that while you have spent several pages bitching about me saying it you haven’t actually even tried to refute it.

I mean Fox news is constantly pushing culture war themes so why are my comment out of context for this thread?

2. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Renn

Oh come on Renn, someone that was willing to debate honestly would be answering the questions presented to them, rather than moaning and bitching.

LOL but if my arguments are so weak why can’t you seem to address them let alone refute them?

Why instead indulge in this silly school yard jibbing, it just ends up making you look petty and childish.

scratcho and MeAgain like this.
  3. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

LOL I always find it hilarious that you get so full of righteous indignation if your views are even slightly misconstrued and constantly go on about them been spun then you go right ahead and lie through your teeth.

This is what I did say

It can be a step, symbols of a bad regime being taken away indicate a change, statues of George III where pulled down at the beginning of the American war of independence, And many Americans applauded the pulling down of statues to Lenin and Marx after the fall of the Soviet Union.

I’ve also stated that I’d prefer to have such confederate statue removed to museums where their context can be taught, are you saying you wouldn’t?

So would you have opposed the toppling of the statues of George III and Lenin?

4. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

But again I ask where are the rights solutions?

What ideas are been put forward by the right to build a better society?

Yes they do lots of bitching (see above) I mean hell many are still bitching about Hilary and Obama.

They don’t seem to have anything beyond the culture wars and a feeling of entitlement to power.

5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Simple... Massive tax breaks for their wealthy donors, ending regulations that protect people and scrapping programs that help the lower classes.

That works, right?

scratcho and soulcompromise like this.
  6. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

TrudginAcrossTheTundra Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Agree, except for the impugning motives and reading minds part. For you and anyone else who might have missed the point, it was that we've learned not to trust the first thing that comes out of an expert's mouth!

We have learned to take it all with skepticism and further fact finding. Okay, maybe some haven't yet. To the example above of a doctor always speaking truths, discriminating people usually seek a second opinion in matters of consequence. Few are unconcerned enough to simply accept the first opinion. The experts in the political domain also have an interest in persevering their lucrative posts. This grain of salt extends to all manner of expert opinion. Where there's humans, there's bias, implicit and sometimes also explicit. And preconceived notions, false assumptions, etc. Experts often lack peripheral knowledge. No one can know everything.

Renn likes this.
  7. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

False narrative. "Or" is not warranted.

We can listen to the whole gamut and make up our own minds what to believe and do.

Besides, it's also false because everyone listed says "wear a mask" when warranted. TODAY. But I remember watching medical experts claim masks are not warranted in the general population. Same ones that are now saying wear them. Glad I made up my own mind and didn't take any of their "advice"!

Renn likes this.
  8. TrudginAcrossTheTundra

Nobody knows what's likely really going on unless they consider both sides. And then it's just a better educated guess.

Renn likes this.
  9. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Trud

So do you wear a mask when out or not wear one?

10. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Seeking expert advise is not a flaw or simple minded act of the unwary. It's good policy.

In regards to mask wearing I will take expert advise realizing it may alter as the experts do what they do best.....excel in their particular field and revise their knowledge and advise.

I'll take expert advise any day over Trump advise.

soulcompromise likes this.
  11. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Yes it is. And it’s not your opinion; it’s a fact.

Why should I waste my time arguing with a flawed argument meant to derail the discussion?

12. Renn

Renn Senior Member

If your all so concerned that the current government isn’t doing enough to satisfy what you think is fit, and you received stimulus funding, why did you cash the checks? You should have put your money where your mouth is and given the money away to someone in more need than yourselves. Isn’t that one of your biggest premises? Funding has been cut for the poor.

Let me guess, that would be dumb because you’re all in just as much need as anyone else who received funding + Trump is a dick, therefore it’s the least the ludicrous right wingers could do.... they owed it to you and that’s what they get., you’ll show them.

If you have any of the funds left, I’ll pay for your plane ticket(s) to come on down. We could have Fox News present as I pick any random person off the the street as you hand the cash over smiling like a jack ass eating briar.

You all talk the talk but don’t walk the walk.

How many of you are minorities? More curiosity than anything else. I am.

I‘m thankful I still have a good job but if I lost my job I’d have no problem doing anything to put food on the table. That includes cleaning toilets and picking tomatoes. Yes, I’ve done both. The point is, yes times are tough and life is hard at times. I can tell you this, if the situation was flipped and a Democrat was president I wouldn’t be whining about a lib. media station.

Regardless of the color of your skin and if you grew up poor, what have you done to try and better yourself?

If you’ve tried to make life better but just can’t seem to get over the hump what are the barriers you feel are holding you back?

If you are suffering as a needy person, specifically what program(s) has the Trump administration cut that life is unbearable for you?

If a Democrat is elected President and the said programs are re-funded, how would your situation improve?

If you are receiving gov. funding why so and for how long?

Let’s take welfare for example. If you’re familiar with welfare, has not the government provided classes for you to improve your skills and find gainful employment?

If female with children and mandated by your local welfare to work county liaison to attend classes, has not the county offered assistance in child care while you work towards improving you life?

In California, the name of the program is Calworks and is administered via One Stop Career Centers. These said centers are located all throughout the US and work in direct correlation with local community colleges in the area. Funding is federally based which in turn is allocated by each state to local counties and ultimately to each career center.

Formerly known as WIA (workforce Investment Act circa 1998) Enacted under Clinton but the centers have never ceased operation under any crazy right wing presidents. The acronym has since morphed to WIOA. See, I’m fair, I just gave you guys 1 thing good a Demo. did.

Currently WIAO (2020) Workforce Innovation Opportunities Act. - access to high speed internet, computers, job workshops, on the job training, resume writing, interview coaching. Regardless of sex, once one is enrolled into the program and it has been determined the person is in need of training, this training is provided free of charge. Within practical limits, almost any type of training imaginable is available. There’s also Homeless and youth components as well.

I hear elophant (erofant) bitching about the state of the economy, the handling of the corona virus and the pot calling the kettle black blah blah blah.

Wasn’t the economy doing fantastic before the Corona? The unemployment rate was the highest it’s ever been. Wait though, I heard that on Fox so it must be a lie.

If you don’t agree it was, why? The economy was good but you never saw this mentioned on the lefty news. All I heard was impeach Trump.

Why are you such a ball bag bro.? How would you handle the corona issue? Free fire fighter respirators for all? Wait, corona would have never hit the US cause commander ero would have stopped it. I can hook you up with a one way ticket to China. Go and chomp down on a few bat carcasses and let me know how that works out. Maybe put a call into Joe if you start festering - up with toxins, I’m sure he could fix you up.

Trump did that, Trump did this, Trump is doing that, isn’t doing this, Fox said this, Fox is white supremacy wa wa wa. Why don’t you do something? Who the hell do you think you are? How dare you, well I never... come up with some new lingo other soap opera tags.

Carpe Diam brah, buckle up your chin strap, hop on your 3 wheeler and offer some assistance to the homeless.

Have you ever gone and actually done any pro bono work for the poor?

You started crying about religion and said you go to mass. You even quoted Jesus and the poor. So what do you do for the poor man of the cloth?

Do you see any homeless hanging around your Church on the way to mass? If so, do you go up and see if you could give them a few bucks or do you ignore them?

Do you give money to panhandlers or do you think they are scumbags?

So what do you do for the less fortunate? You’re good at bitching about Fox but that’s all I’ve heard.

The only thing I do is take out warm clothes / blankets in the winter and volunteer once a mo., to hand out meals at a shelter. Big deal for me, I should do more.

Put on your big boy / girl pants and ask “not what you can do for yourself but what you can do for your country” ... that’s a Dem. quote ero., here’s the guys initials, JFK ... D...y

Further more, why have some of the libs. who are (extremely wealthy by the way) applied for and accepted Fed stimulus loans that were designed to assist mom and pop type business during the Convid crisis? The Pelosi’s and Newsom (Gavin) to name just a few. I’d provide links but I’d just get bombarded with responses stating they were from right wing sources.

From memory, Newsom stated he would decline to answer questions but deferred further questions to the trust. WTF

Pelosi and Newsom are always the first to start crap with Trump but when something beneficial is present they’re rich asses are the first in line.

I wonder if the lib. stations will comment on this. Right. But KKK, Skinhead Fox will because it’s inherently evil. Where’s ero, he’ll know what to do.

13. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

and how has a a trump presidency helped you?

14. Renn

Renn Senior Member

I can’t say to what degree but under Trump I was able to attend and acquire a college degree. If I had been attending under Obama, would the Interest rate of the minimal loans I applied for be on par with Trumps? Would the grants I received be on par with Obama’s? I honestly don’t have the information to answer these questions.

How has the Trump Presidency negatively affected you?

15. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

We gave away our stimulus to someone who really needs it.
    Who cares if we are in a particular minority?
    What is your point about government programs?
    What is your point about programs Trump has cut or has tried to cut?
    Let’s take welfare for example. You do realize that extending welfare to those who need it benefits those people and society at large also? Can you think of how that would be true?

You realize the economy was doing great before Trump came into office due to the policies of Democrats?
    Of course this was as of 2018.
    In February of 2020 Trump's job growth was worse than Obama's
    The unemployment rate was already on a steady decline since 2009 when some other guy became president. Trump had little to do with the unemployment rate.
    [​IMG]
    Until the virus hit and due to poor response everything tanked.
    I heard lots about the economy in the "lefty' news, whatever that is.

I don't know how to respond to your "put on your big boy pants" comments. Seems to be a general rant.
    And the rest....

Balbus and Tyrsonswood like this.
  16. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

That’s not subverting an argument it’s my opinion

LOL its just that you can’t say why or how, i get the feeling you will be running away soon…

In a world in which there is ongoing death, disease, hardship, poverty, inequality, environmental degradation and corruption their big concerns seem to be flags and statues, conspiracies and the myths of political correctness.

So you think that is correct, well thank you for your support.

and I’m sure I’m not the only person that has noticed that while you have spent several pages bitching about me saying it you haven’t actually even tried to refute it.

And there you go running away…Again

17. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Renn

And again a long piece with lots of words but so little of any substance. More rabbling and even more bitching.

I mean have you a coherent point to make because sorry I can’t see one, other than you seem to support Trump and Fox, but why you don’t say.

My family have carried on working, I work from the kitchen table doing stuff remotely and through Team meetings, my wife who did a lot of work from home anyway is in her office and my daughter does her schoolwork in her room and gets taught by teachers over her schools internet system. All my co-workers are working from home.

We are lucky there are those that have been furloughed and there are people in hardship and our community here is building and delivering food parcels to those that need them.

You say - You all talk the talk but don’t walk the walk.

But the thing is studies have shown that on average poorer people give more of their income to charity than the wealthiest in society.

But you have to ask why is there so much hardship, why are there foodbanks and shelters , in my youth foodbanks and people living rough on the street were rare, we now have more foodbanks than we do McDonald (with numbers growing) and we have cardboard cities under bridges.

This situation was manufactured by some 40 years of neoliberal policies

I’d be happy to pay more tax and have voted for political groups that want to raise taxes but the wealthy that don’t want to pay more tax are the ones that spend money promoting and pushing social Darwinist based neoliberal ideas and the politicians that push for it.

And many have fallen for the propaganda you say people should help the disadvantaged but many on the right say that they deserve to be like that, that it is all their own fault and they shouldn’t be helped because that only rewards laziness and creates dependency

So they say cut the welfare programmes cut the social services and the money saved can then be given in tax cuts to the hard working and deserving and already advantaged.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2020
    MeAgain likes this.
  18. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I am a strong environmentalist. What his policies have done to national parks, clean water, and clean water are disasters. These were all done to benefit big business.
    His xenophobic policies toward immigrants are hypocritical. His wife would not have been allowed to immigrate to this country if he had been president at that time.
    I could go on.

erofant likes this.
  19. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Thousands of people went to college, and got degrees while Obama was president.

20. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

Flag

I always thought the neoliberal loan system silly you want to encourage more peopl into highter education burdening them with huge debts is not going to do that and the thing is that free higher education pays off for itself I mean things like the GI bill after WWII stimulated the post war boom.

That coupled with defunding public schools it often seems to me like the right wing want a less well educated citizenry

MeAgain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.