Four Years Barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Deleted member 322887, Jun 25, 2022.

1. About four years ago life’s ups and downs and aches and pains brought me to the decision to start living barefoot. One of the best decisions I have ever made.

The process was smooth from being barefoot half the time to 75% of the time and finally I am at about 99% barefoot. Moving to Florida gave me the final push. The area I call home is very open-minded about bare feet. And once I became comfortable about going into stores barefoot it made zero sense to go through the hassle of wearing shoes, though I do put them on in rare and dreaded occasions.

Four years barefoot is nothing compared to some of the more “senior barefooters” here. I hope I can stay barefoot the rest of my life.

2. Barefoot Rick

Barefoot Rick I love my dirty bare feet

Barefoot Jason I think you will be able to when you see and feel the great health benefits and the money you will save from not buying shoes I call them feet coffins.

3. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

OMG why would anybody want to wear shoes?

Barefoot Rick and hippyphile like this.
  4. Barefoot Rick

I don’t know why anybody would wear shoes . Shoes causes a lot of foot problems the require surgery. But going barefoot I haven’t heard anybody that has feet problems. I know people that started with foot problems but after they started going barefoot their foot problems got better and they didn’t need surgery.

Barefoot Land-Surfer likes this.
  5. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Barefoot Land-Surfer Members

I agree. Although there are some exceptions to that where wearing shoes in the past caused just enough damage to cause issues for some folks (a mild hammer toe in my case), and doing certain/too much activities can lead to painful flare-ups. Even with living barefoot as much as possible (except in winter) since 2018, this summer I've been suffering bad pain on the bottom of my foot where a hammer toe callous is located. After skateboarding sessions, that callous is very irritated, red, inflamed and painful. It used to tolerate pivoting on the sandpaper-like grip tape on the skateboard, but not anymore. The pain has been putting a real damper on my daily walks and sports activities, but I do not want to put shoes on. I just wish that the skin would adapt by growing stronger and thicker..

Barefoot Rick likes this.
  6. Barefoot Rick

It will barefoot land surfer it takes time

Barefoot Land-Surfer likes this.
  7. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Thanks barefoot Rick. The pads on that foot are already way bigger, thicker, and shinier compared to my "pushing" foot. Sure goes to show that the rough, sandpaper-like surfaces are great for building stronger feet.

8. goodearth

goodearth Member

Try a tacky rubber in lieu of the grip tape. Note the rubber patches on my ride.

9. Barefoot Land-Surfer

10. goodearth

goodearth Member

To be honest, I can't remember where I got them from, but I have noticed several products in dishware and hardware stores designed for other purposes that will fit the bill. The rubber round pads for hot pads at Publix are perfect. They are pretty cheap too. You can cut them to fit anywhere you want them with a pair of scissors. It might not even cover up the art work on the top of your ride like the grip tape does. You might have to find an epoxy glue. I wouldn't trust tacks. They might end up in your foot. Note....the rubber on the tail of my deck is from an old car inner tube.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2022
  11. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Very clever using rubber pads from stores! Inexpensive and fully customizable. Yeah, an epoxy glue would probably be the best and most durable option for securing them to the board. I like that you repurposed the old car inner tube for your rubber tail patch. Your pads look cool on your ride. Thanks for all your help, goodearth, I really appreciate it. I'll see what I can come up with!

12. goodearth

goodearth Member

The inner tube may have been from a truck. They are a little thicker. I think it was a truck inner tube. You're very welcome. Barefoot skateboarding is a whole nother universe.......pure freedom. Lay back into the concrete wave and let go.

13. Barefoot Land-Surfer

Thanks - that is helpful to know. Yes, can't beat the sheer freedom of skateboarding! From learning new tricks to discovering new skate spots, the fun never ends. Even simply cruising along the beach boardwalk with the fresh lake (or ocean) breeze in the hair, and eyes gazing out to the scenic water view, is ultimate freedom and great for the soul.

goodearth and Barefoot Rick like this.