Founding Fathers and Religion...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Jimbee68, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

It's all about context. Tge very same book that said "thou shalt not kill" also said whoever murders someone will be put to death. Ideally you don't want to kill, however if it is necessary to preserve innicent life then do what you have to do. Also the word "kill" had a different connotation back in 1611 when they translated the Bible.

David0301 likes this.
  2. Maccabee

Are they done on purpose? Are we actively targetibg civillian targets?

3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Of course people who are innocent of murder are never convicted of murder under our perfect system of justice. Or to put it another way, kill everyone and let God sort it out.

4. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

That's like defending a cop that kills an unarmed civilian when he's trying to run away.

5. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

No it's about correctly dividing the word of truth, instead of trying to justify killing.

6. David0301

David0301 Members

knock knock, may I enter this chat room, thanks...

only got 2 minutes left before I leave , just saying i agree with maccabee he made some very good points, all I can say is i have done some research on all the major scriptures in the past and they are ALL mistranslated and distorted, none is better than the other, everybody is pointing finger whereas none is better, all the violent scenes you find in the bible,tora,koran dont exist in the orginal language, the words have been mistranslated . Why? to benefit the rulers,kings,warmongers that have lived before us. To justify their crimes, Their genocide. Lets not forget the crusades were done in the name of the bible, Many wars were led in the name of "god" lol. this is ridiculous. I recommend everybody stay clear from any religion. they are all man made and fabricated. and only cause seperation instead of unity. on the other side i do believe in some sort of super inteligent design, being, master, creator call it whatever you like. Somebody can still be an atheist but believe in an inteligent design , believe in something where everything else orginated from. Because we know for sure that from nothing comes nothing. And we also know that there is a soul. Something that is beyond physical. Ask any quantom physist and he will tell you atoms are non-physical particles. Albert Einstein and many other scientists even go so far and say that we dont exist, we are really just energy. I find it very interesting and still need to research some more. We can scientifically proof that a soul exists within us. I still need to dig deeper into that. Ok enough said time is up im gone bye

7. David0301

David0301 Members

that is happening in palestine everyday

ok im out -

8. rjhangover

rjhangover Senior Member

Yep...

David0301 likes this.
  9. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

People defend cops who do that all the time though.

10. Maccabee

First of all it's not the same. The military doesn't have the intention of killing civilians. The officer who shot the person in the back had intent. Secondly, the officer who did that was convicted.

11. Maccabee

No system is perfect. However Exucution of murderers is the best solution we have.

12. Maccabee

Um, what?

13. David0301

David0301 Members

hahahaha, you know bro

14. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Are you saying it's OK for the state to kill a few innocent people in order to bring the guilty to justice?

15. Maccabee

Are you saying it's ok to permenantly kidnap a few innocent people in order to bring the guilty to justice? The answer to both is no.

16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

With a prison sentence there is always the hope and possibility of exoneration. Once a person is dead it doesn't matter.

Incidentally, you just admitted it is not alright to kill the innocent in pursuit of justice. You also said in a previous post that no system of justice is perfect. So how do you rationalize your support of the death penalty knowing that some innocents will be killed.

17. Maccabee

Actually, you are less likely to get out of life without parol than death row as to get a death sentence you must have all of your ducks in a row because the sentence is final. With life without parol they can more or less throw you in there and forget.

Because the likelyhood of executing an innocent man with our modern justice system and technology is less likely to happen than placing an innocent man on life without parol.

18. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I haven't bothered check out your facts because it isn't important to my argument. You say less likely, thus once again admitting that it is not impossible to sentence an innocent man to death. Don't get me wrong, my heart doesn't bleed for murders, rapists or child abusers in the criminal justice system. It's the thought of killing an innocent man with my tax money, and in my name, that will forever keep me from supporting the death penalty. It's abhorrent.

19. Maccabee

Then by your logic you should also be imprisonment.

20. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

What? Are you daft? So what am I charged with, and when is my trial date?