Found: Dustballs

Discussion in 'Dreadlocks' started by KnottyAdam, May 12, 2007.

1. KnottyAdam

KnottyAdam Member

well i was sitting here combing out a dread cause i didnt like it and i got to the root, combed that out and found over 10 little dustballs, this worried me because i couldnt see them when the dread was still in so i dont know what is going on or if its in other dreads or anything, sooo does anyone have some insight or experience on this?

2. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

dustballs? odd... and confusing... possibly time for an apple cider vinegar rinse? i've heard they can help with fuzz/dust in dreads... good luck :)

3. KnottyAdam

KnottyAdam Member

im willing to try anything at this point, soo if i have the ingredients ill go for that, thaanks

4. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

you don't really have to add anything to the apple cider vinegar, though you should dilute it a bit... though you can add things, as I'm sure you have seen around the forum :)

5. KnottyAdam

KnottyAdam Member

is it a 33/33/33 mixture or should i put more/less of something in?

6. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

i just did a sink full of water (kitchen sink) and half a bottle of ACV (not sure how much was in the bottle) that worked great for me :)

7. KnottyAdam

KnottyAdam Member

i have to wait a few days, both of my eardrums burst yesterday and i dont want to risk getting any water in my ears...and im out of vinegar :p

8. Caelynn

Caelynn Yellow Butterfly

ugh that sucks about your eardrums :( but a few more days before you rinse them shouldn't hurt anything :)

9. KnottyAdam

KnottyAdam Member

i hope it wont :p

10. colorfulhippie

colorfulhippie Member

look in the condiment section of the grocery store (katsup, mayo, etc..). it'll say apple cider vinegar right on it. just put about a cup or two in a big cup, then after you've washed your hair, top off the cup with shower water, dump it on your head (but don't get it in your eyes), work it in a bit and leave it a few minutes before rinsing it out :)

11. egle

egle Member

strange

12. KnottyAdam

KnottyAdam Member

ohh...i never thought of it being sold mixed, im a little slow some days :p sorry and thanks

13. Guest543

Guest543 Member

I'm gonna bump this, because when I took out a bunch of my dreads to redo them, I found a lot of little dustballs, and I just rinsed with apple cider vinegar about 4-5 days ago. I know things don't have instant results, but this does worry me a little... That's kinda.. ew? Hopefully it kills these dustballs over time.

Not that little dustballs are going to stop me from redoing my dreads or anything. :p