Former Love - Dinner Friday

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Jude96, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I know I'm going to get some trollish responses to this... but an honest one I wouldn't mind...

...Friday I'm getting together again with my old girlfriend, the one I've posted about a few times... originally we were going to meet somewhere in between her family's house where she's staying and mine but now she is coming to see my new house...

...don't know if I should make dinner or suggest we go out somewhere... and I don't know if I should offer to have her stay since she's coming up around 6:00 and it's a good couple hours back to her family's place...

...I don't want to seem like my intentions are wrong by asking her to stay, but I also don't know if she's kind of thinking she might want to stay already (she asked if she could come check out my house rather than meet for dinner in the middle)... I'm just all messed up and overthinking it, I know... I want things to go smoothly... thought about maybe lighting a fire and doing the s'mores/beer thing and listen to some music and talk...

...idk... I'm kind of mostly interested to see what a woman might be thinking about this... I ran some thought la by my oldest sister and my mom has tried to put in her ideas (my mom is kind of like Ben Stiller's mom in Meet the Fockers if that puts that into perspective)...

...ok, rambling on... time to put Grateful Dead Pandora back on...

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

.... turning down the Leonard Cohen Spotify...,

I'd go with dinner out, but offer a GUEST room, before the day of the dinner. Gives her time to think.

1 person likes this.
  3. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Ha ha I like the first part!

...and I think that's smart - good idea... takes all of that pressure right off, we'll be out on the town and I can put the guest room idea or there... that room is better put together than my own... thanks for responding... I've been overthinking this too much

2 people like this.
  4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

I would cook instead of go out. Cook her favorite meal to show her you still remember. You'll get a lot of bonus points out of that.

1 person likes this.
  5. drumminmama

Overthinking is my superpower.

1 person likes this.
  6. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Good idea. Plus, you get to avoid the awkwardness of inviting her back to your place later!

1 person likes this.
  7. Jude96

Jude96 Members

Yeah... that's true too... ahh man, I swear I'm not usually all bent out of shape but this is different for me...

Yeah that whole thing is still kind of eating away at me, and it probably shouldn't because things will go however they're meant to... I sent her a text about the extra room and she said ok, thanks... not sure if that's a yes or a no or maybe she's not sure herself...

...anyway, thanks for the input... much appreciated

1 person likes this.
  8. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've reached my quota for today, but I "Like This"

1 person likes this.
  9. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I "Like This"

10. drumminmama

How did it go, Jude?

1 person likes this.
  11. drumminmama

I see that like...well?

12. Jude96

Jude96 Members

It went really well... we had a great weekend together, went to a food truck festival and a concert... was a really good time...she cried when she left and we're going to try to make it work once she's back in the area... she is moving a couple hours away from my at the end of October, which is great... and after a lot of thought I just recently threw the idea out there a couple nights ago to let her know that my place was an option if she needed it... have plans for the weekend of October 28th when she's back, booked a hotel already so.... so far so good but I guess time will tell... feeling good about it though

2 people like this.
  13. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That's awesome you're giving it a second chance. Why did you both break up?

1 person likes this.
  14. drumminmama

Nice. I'm off to a hotel tomorrow with The Guitarist. Very eager. Then I'm off to SF Bay Area for my birthday, back on the 20th.

1 person likes this.
  15. Jude96

Jude96 Members

We split 8 years ago only split because she moved to Colorado to get her Master's Degree... it sucked, I haven't felt like I do for her with anyone else... I ended a lot of relationships and I only recently got back in contact with her this summer... she'll always be that woman for me, and it's the same for her so I hope it works out this time around

3 people like this.
  16. Jude96

Jude96 Members

I understand that feeling... I hope you have a great time with him and then a great birthday out west... I lived in Cali for awhile... you'll have a great time I'm sure... enjoy it!

17. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Oh, I hope it works out!! That one true love.

2 people like this.
  18. Jude96

Jude96 Members

1 person likes this.
  19. drumminmama

That's auspicious!

I got with The Guitarist the day before his birthday.

1 person likes this.
  20. drumminmama

I just moved back from there. I'm not really ready to go back.
    But I need to get a few things I left behind. And see my brother.