Former drug abuser...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by ruby-tuesday, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Humminbird

Humminbird Member

Don't mean to flame anyone, but yes alcohol is a drug - and being clean means being drug free. As for what to do next? Take some classes -- you might meet some new people and find some new interests.

2. mephist00

mephist00 Member

that did sound kinda rude.. give it a break guys :D although im sure she probly isnt gonna read this forum again :p

she most likely meant she was clean of street drugs... alcohol is however legal to abuse as much as you want lol

3. salmon4me

salmon4me Senior Member

Congrats on 3 years w/ no controlled substances!
    And congrats on 3 months sober as well!
    Great news all around.

In answer to your question, I think you should spend your time seeing live music. I've got plenty of music suggestions if you're interested.

I think that yours is a good thread, just misplaced. As we see, the Psychedelics (or drug) forum, isn't the best place for your thread.

This being Hip Planet, and these being the Hip Forums, how about I move this thread on over to 'Hippies'...

4. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

cograts. yes music is good. photogrqaphy. camping. boating. reading. writing. acting. in other words it`s big world out there. & it`s bigger for you now.

5. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

All those alternatives being named here are not nearly as fun while frying your brain at the same time though :biggrin:

6. neim

neim Member

you are going around asking what to do with your time.

why don't you ask people to also live your life?

7. Buddha Fish

Buddha Fish wanderin' fish

i don't see what the problem is. you obviously have hobbies. i don't get what you were looking for people to tell you

8. Shortbus

Shortbus Member

whatever you do don't get a boyfriend

9. Shortbus

Shortbus Member

and I second masturbating

10. nextGENERATIONhippie

nextGENERATIONhippie Member

Not being completly abstinant might be fine for you, but i wouldn't recomend it to a ex-drug abuser. Most drug abusers have an addictive personality or take drugs that are physically addictive.

Why would you say that? I find it much easier to not do drugs when you are dating someone