Former drug abuser...

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by ruby-tuesday, Feb 11, 2009.

1. ruby-tuesday

ruby-tuesday Member

I've been clean of all drugs for nearly 3 years and just recently decided to give up alcohol. I haven't drank since Halloween... I've picked up some new hobbies but am curious if any of you can suggest other ways to waste (err... spend) my time?

2. Mr.Writer

Mr.Writer Senior Member

That really depends on what you're interested in as a person

do you like physical activity?

nature?

art? (music, painting, sowing, whatever)

movies?

books?

etc

:)

3. ruby-tuesday

ruby-tuesday Member

Well, I already read all the time and spend most of my time painting, photographing, writing, DIYing and such... but I've been neglecting the outdoors as of late. I only go out to go to work then I come home and lounge.

4. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

than you should go to the forest or somethingt like, since we're talking in the 'psychedelics'part of the forum I should add you should do it when taken some shrooms even though it might seem totally irrelevant to your situation....

5. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Hmm. Maybe try and learn an instrument?

6. neodude1212

neodude1212 Senior Member

learn to listen

7. mephist00

mephist00 Member

maybe get involved in some internet groups.. such as design groups.. video game creation.. graphics.. coding.. there is an endless amount of things to do..

8. zombiewolf

zombiewolf Senior Member

Now that you are clean, don't you think it would be a good idea to steer clear of drug forums? I mean, its not that there aren't good people here, but there is also a lot of glorification of drug use, and isn't it possible that it could cause you thoughts of backsliding?
    You have made a great gift to yourself, now take it and run! :cool:

ZW :peace:

9. Desos

Desos Senior Member

make the world a better place?

10. ruby-tuesday

ruby-tuesday Member

Erm well no, I have no problem being around people using or talking about drugs.

11. Stoned Philosopher

Stoned Philosopher Member

Agreed. before i met hipforums. i had promised myself to never do this this and that. after reading about how amazing these drugs can be. it is the greatest temptation i have ever known to leave my pure cannabis use behind me and move onto others

12. ruby-tuesday

ruby-tuesday Member

Thats weird! Maybe I have finally moved past my addiction but I am finally not tempted at all to use drugs. Its a nice feeling actually.

13. jia

jia Member

Addiction is hard, but I don't think the solution is complete abstinence. That sounds funny, but I think most drugs are fairly beneficial if used responsibly.

I don't really have an addictive personality but even though I still make hard guidelines for drug use. Once a month, maximum of two days. (On my days off, using drugs and working is irresponsible.)

The only drugs I won't do are those that create physical dependance or those that are demonstratably bad for you (neurotoxic, etc) -- again because I think when I go back to RL that being under the influence of a drug or the withdrawls of a drug is irresponsible. The only way I'd use an opiate type drug for example is if I had a long vacation.

14. BillyX

BillyX Member

well you could get a hobby asking stupid questions on forums that might fill in some time in your life, otherwise i recommend art, dvds, masturbation, procrastination between those things you wont have a second to think about drugs

15. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

uhh.. alcohol is a drug :eek:

16. nesta

nesta Banned

then you HAVENT been clean for 3 years.

and with all due respect, why would you go to a drug-oriented forum to ask people what to do when not using drugs?

17. ruby-tuesday

ruby-tuesday Member

wow, you guys are really fucking rude. i ask a question and you all flame me. i meant clean as in clean from drugs. do you have any brain cells left?
    forget i asked. i'll ask people who actually have hobbies outside of frying their brain.

18. nesta

nesta Banned

i know what you meant, and alcohol is certainly a drug, and no different from any other except in legal status.

if you've been drinking, you've not been "clean from drugs." simple as that.

19. Dan420

Dan420 Member

Perhaps you could help those less fortunate than you? That's always a good idea.

20. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

Not a question of being rude, it's a fact alcohol is a drug.. in fact the most abused drug on this planet.