Forget Building A Wall....bring The Wall Home.

Discussion in 'America Attacks!' started by Pete's Draggin', Jan 31, 2017.

1. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

"not even worthy" sounds more like you're unable to refute this. By all means prove me wrong, I welcome it. But this kind of sad cheap shot goes nowhere.

2. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Snappy, but what does it mean? Are you talking Aztecs? Would you consider Christians a murderous blood cult?

3. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

But then they continued it, with a vengence!

4. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

I'm trying to recall when the last example of Christians sacrificing humans to their God might have been.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i liked this, but i only agree with one of the sentiments expressed. we have no business reducing the diversity of cultures on this planet by telling other people how to live.
    it would be wonderful if we could stop every bully and heal every hurt, but even if that were our true and only goal, which forgive me for seriously doubting, we can't.
    we may have an irresistible force, but we can only blunder with it. you can call smashing someone's head in brain surgery, but you can't expect the patient to benefit as a result.

1 person likes this.
  6. The Walking Dickhead

The Walking Dickhead orbiter of helion

Hopefully it wont be Theresa May with he finger poised on the button of the trident missile. She thinks she is doing the work of God. So did Tony Blair and George W Bush.

Both of them have more blood on their hands than all the islamic terrorist networks x1000, even the ones made up by the CIA.

7. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Yes, I find it ironical that the US spends the most on defense, nearly 600 billion dollars, more than the next seven countries combined, including China and Russia, but still needs to build a wall to secure its territory.

1 person likes this.
  8. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

I think US troops should be ordered to come home and take Yoga lessons, and eat vegetarian organic food. I think a great wall in America would attract lots of tourism. In any scenario, we should have a new emergency election without Russian buggering and get ourselves a new administration without White Nationalist stupidity.

2 people like this.
  9. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

but it takes the high and mighty road out of the picture

10. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

Why assume any of them are actually Christians? It's one of the most hijacked faiths of the modern age. I'm surrounded by people who carry the title and live lives that are anything BUT Christian. They're "Christian" when it suits them, like holidays (especially if a feast is involved). Another thing I see around Atlanta are people who dress to the 9s, to go to church. So it has become a status symbol and a fashion show. Even "Christmas" would be an abomination to Christ himself for it's greedy underpinnings.

A real Christian does not take advantage of others. I have a good laugh when I deal with corporate dorks who grind people to dust just to fatten their wallet or status in cubicle-land, then speak of being Christian. That and the lectures I get from "Christians" who say that I can't possibly be a Christian since I don't believe in hell and I think the concept of Satan is a distraction. An eternal scapegoat to blame for their sins instead of admitting it was their own pathology that drove them to sin. Fuck that!

1 person likes this.
  11. The Walking Dickhead

Because they're Christians. It's pretty common knowledge.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we don't need walls, we don't need borders, we don't even need nations. what we need is universally mutual consideration. and if the universal wonder of strangeness can help give us that, all well and good. but pretending to know what isn't known, contributes nothing to its doing so.

13. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Well I guess we could start in Judea circa 30-34 A.D. (John 15:13), although technically He was Jewish--and was Himself the victim/offering. It depends on what you mean by "sacrifice". Christians followed the Jews, who gave up the practice long ago. If we broaden the term to include religiously motivated killings, including the Crusades, the Inquisition and the witch hunts, quite a few. The Romans were shocked at Druid practices of human sacrificed, although no phased by the slaughters in the arena for their entertainment. It's all a matter of taste. I tend to agree with Charles Mann (2005) argues that the Inquisition and Aztec sacrifice were equivalent. Bishop Diego de Landa's Inquisition against Maya converts whom he suspected of relapsing into their old ways involved killings and widespread use of torture that the Church eventually condemned.

1 person likes this.
  14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

"common knowledge" is an oxy moron. christian has become simply a word people have to call themselves to get elected. there was a guy who's title was christ, he was a jew, everyone in his life he ever met, other then the roman elete and their military he spent most of his life opposing their occupation of israel, was a jew, and it was the polytheistic roman empire that exicuted him as an enimy combatant. his teachings did bring down the roman empire, eventually, hundreds of years after his death. then to add insult to injury, "christianity" threw christ under the bus along about 425 ad, when it adopted the pauline herrasy and made it official doctrine.

there is no goodness in wishing to be feared, and no evil in refusing to subscribe to an invisible hierarchy, that may or may not have anything to do with any god or god-like being.
    it is consideration that is morality, and aggressiveness that is evil, whatever names, ideologies, beliefs or any thing else.

15. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

its common knowledge that they say they are christians...but a politician would never lie to get votes.....right?

1 person likes this.
  16. The Walking Dickhead

Of course they would.

They're still Christians though.

What the fuck point are you all trying to make. They are Christians. They are deluded, psychopaths who think they are doing God's work. All of them have been recorded publicaly stating this.

What bit of that...

17. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

you are not saying anything i didnt, yes they publicly stated it.
    bush publicly stated no new taxes
    clinton publicly stated i did not have sexual relations
    nixon publicly stated i am not a crook
    trump publicly stated to many things to post here.

fucking dosnt make it so....

18. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

The notion that there are more Native Americans in the US today than there were when Columbus sailed the ocean blue is debatable, since there are no reliable figures for North America. You might be correct if you take the lowest estimates and confine it to U.S.instead of the Western Hemisphere. Most of the indigenous population was south of the border. High population coincides with sedentary lifestyles, and in the U.S., these were in the southeast (Five Civilized Tribes), the southwest (Pueblo) and the northeast (Iroquois Confederation). Estimates for the pre-Columbian United States vary widely. from 2.1 million (Ubelaker 1976) to 7 million (Russell Thornton) to 18 million (Dobyns 1983). In the 2010 census, some 2.9 million Americans identified themselves as Native alone, while another 2.3 million (like me) identified as mixed race. That could still be less than there were--and over five centuries later!

Most of the indigenous population centers in 1491 were in Central and South America, and they were quite populous. On the basis of recent archaeological evidence, Charles Mann estimates that there were 100 million indigenous people in the Americas at that time. Up to 90% of those were subsequently killed off by diseases brought by the Europeans, as well as by their guns and steel (Jared Diamond, Guns, Germs and Steel). There are now a little over 60 million Native Americans in the Western Hemisphere. William Devon (1992) gave a lower figure for aborignals in the Americas in 1491: 54 million. If that figure is correct, the Native Americans in the Western Hemisphere have recovered, but it took awhile. And your point is...?

19. The Walking Dickhead

Ahh I see your point. Politicians are all big fat liars. I'm glad we finally got to the bottom of that.

1 person likes this.
  20. Beutsecks

Beutsecks Large Rooster

While there is certainly a reason to scrutinize all claims to history, I was very specific in what I stated. Columbus never saw the north American mainland, so the time frame is skewed quite a bit. Unfortunately Europe was in a serious state of confusion following the plague and leading into the renaissance and inquisitions. So many political priorities changed like the whims of artists and clergy. So much back-stabbing it's hard to tell who was in charge of so many nations. It's no wonder things in the America's became equally dysfunctional. I can only imagine what it will be like when humans manage to find an actual new world to exploit.

Another thing we have more of now than we did 250 years ago is trees. For two primary reasons, one that we don't use trees for fuel nearly as much as people did back then and two, because when forest fires started back then (primarily by lightning) whole territories equal to the size of some eastern states would burn. Nobody could put them out. As I hunt around this part of the country for antiques I get to see a lot of 19th century photographs of the area and the contrast is stunning, you can actually see the hills and topography. These days all you see are trees and every year Atlanta is covered by a pollen cycle that turns the streets a greenish yellow.

Part of that is the fault of developers who planted primarily male pines to avoid pine combs all over the place. What's funny about that is the way the pines seem to be giving us all the finger with the shape of the the pollen fronds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We humans, we screw shit up sometimes.