For Those Who Think Jesus Is God

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by thefutureawaits, Jul 7, 2017.

1. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Just remember. I have a life and I am at no ones beck and call but Jehovah

2. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats... And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

-Monty Python

1 person likes this.
  3. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

*sigh*

so I'm going to assume by your yet again pulling a verse out and throwing it down you think you have "proven your point", actually far from it.
    the verse you quoted gives confirmation to the resurrection, that's why Paul mentioned that there were still witness alive who could verify the event.
    If something is a contrived bullshit story that you are trying to convince others of you don't direct them to eyewitness'.

AGAIN, what is the official Jehovah Witness stance concerning the divinity of Jesus and the resurrection?
    simple question, please do actually answer it.

4. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

The resurrection was the very thing that gave the disciples the courage to bear testimony about their Lord in spite of even the most violent persecution. The fact of the resurrection became a central part of Christian faith. The early Christians did not risk their lives merely to bear witness about a wise teacher who was murdered. They risked their lives to proclaim Jesus’ resurrection because it proved that he was the Christ, the Son of God, a powerful, living person who both supported and guided them. His resurrection meant that they too would rise from the dead. Really, if Jesus had not been raised up, there would be no Christianity. If Jesus had not been resurrected, we might never have even heard of him.

1 person likes this.
  5. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Our beliefs are from the scriptures. Not some man made concoction of belief.

1 person likes this.
  6. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

So, he is the son of God, the promised Messiah. The now reigning King in the heavens.

7. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Imho, it probably means that one whose consciousness is subtle enough to actually perceive the divinity within God and Jesus, has perceived the divinity within himself or herself as well, and hence has attained life of an eternal nature.

As the saying goes, 'As within, so without.'

Here knowing is different from believing.

1 person likes this.
  8. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

So, for NOX who so readily calls the JWs a Cult. Strong accusations.
    Here are the membership reports for 2016
    Number of Jehovah’s Witnesses worldwide
    Congregations
    Lands where Jehovah’s Witnesses preach 240 countries

That's a lot of brainwashed people for a cult. This Cult also produces #1 and #2 magazine in the world for the last 100 years.
    We are fulfilling prophecy right before your eyes. Preaching the good news of the kingdom in the entire inhabitated earth for a Witness to all the nations and then the end will come? Matthew 24:14

Is your church preaching the good news of the kingdom door to around the world?

9. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Average time for a person to become baptized and recognized as a jw is 2 years because a person has to want to it out of his own heart and is not pushed or pressured ever. Just presented with the true evidence

10. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I have been a member of this forum for over 10 years. This is the Christianity forum and I am a Christian. Remember we have the same 2 green books in our house and we both served in the U. S Army

11. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I know I maybe one of the most hated on this board but that was only once I came out as Jehovah Witness

12. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

First it was not the resurrection that gave the apostles the courage to face the persecution, it was/is the indwelling Holy Spirit as Jesus promised he would send. They were all tired, scared, and lacking true direction for the early group until the events that occurred at the feast of Pentecost. THEN they were emboldened by the Holy Spirit to teach and proselytize.
    go back and read it all again, second chapter of acts.

Now concerning the JW's stance on the resurrection.
    Jehovah Witness doctrine does not teach a literal bodily resurrection, but rather that Jesus was non-existent for three days and then God reconstructed him as the archangel Michael and that he materialized a body so he could be seen.
    Not exactly what scriptures actually state, across all versions. In short JW doctrine denies the actual physical resurrection of Jesus.

check your church's own publication; Make Sure of all Things, Hold Fast to What is Fine [1953 edition, p. 314] states: “Jesus’ Resurrection Not of Same Body; He Merely Materialized Flesh and Blood to Be Seen and Believed.”

and being the lazy bastard I am, here is what is recorded in wikipedia, but it's accurate;

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is God's "only-begotten Son", and that his life began in heaven.[88] He is described as God's first creation and the "exact representation of God",[89] but is believed to be a separate entity and not part of a Trinity. Jesus is said to have been used by God in the creation of all other things.[90]Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Archangel, Michael, "the Word" of John 1:1, and wisdom personified in Proverbs 8 refer to Jesus in his pre-human existence and that he resumed these identities after his ascension to heaven following his death and resurrection. They also identify him with the "rider of the white horse" at Revelation 6 and 19.[91] His birth on earth was accomplished when he willingly allowed himself to be transferred, by God, from heaven to the womb of the virgin, Mary.[92] While on earth, Jesus was executed as a sacrifice to atone for mankind's sins, becoming the "eternal father" to the human family.[93]
    They believe that after his death, Jesus appeared to his disciples, convinced them of his resurrection, and then ascended into heaven to sit at Jehovah's right hand until he would become the promised king of God's heavenly kingdom. Jesus acts as the mediator of a "new covenant"[94] referred to in Jeremiah 31:31, Luke 22:20, and Hebrews 9:15; 12:24, directly mediating only for those going to heaven (the 144,000). Those with an earthly hope are said to be beneficiaries of that covenant.[95][96][97] Even as king of God's kingdom, Jesus remains subordinate to God.[98] Witnesses reject the doctrine of the perpetual virginity of Mary, who they believe bore more children

Most of that is not in agreement with scripture accepted by the majority of Christendom or religious scholars.

it's kinda sad that you don't even know what your own church/belief system believes/teaches.

13. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL
    citing membership numbers and longevity does mean jackshit.
    What abnout the Mormons? Are they considered a "cult" by the JW's, they got your numbers beat by a long mile....LOL
    Numbers don't dictate if a group is a cult, is is the doctrines and belief systems that determine that.
    Again, kinda sad that you don't even know what your own church ACTUALLY believes, maybe there is hope for you yet.

14. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

what a big cop-out.
    has nothing to do with you being a JW, I'm one of the few giving you shit over that, but I do it only to shake you out of your complacency regarding your beliefs in the hopes that you will take the step to further educate yourself.

There are/have been many, many other reasons you may feel persecuted going way back to your days as Lorna Doone.

15. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Jehovah wants quality over quantity. Mormons don't preach the good news from door to . We are not competing. Your understanding of jw doctrine is not the best. I will post more in a little bit. It seems to me your discernment and reasoning is a little off. Study the Bible not the internet. Lol

16. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

Persecution is nothing new the Jehovah's Witnesses we been persecuted in every country band jailed killed be headed that will never stop the good news of the kingdom for being preached

17. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

:rofl:
    your willful ignorance and fear to consider anything other than what has been spoon fed you is your biggest obstacle.
    Again, been involved with/studying this type of shit for over 40 years.

I'm pretty confidant in my position, much, much more so than you appear to be.
    It is you my friend that needs to go and educate themselves.

So what have you got concerning your own churches teaching about the resurrection that you were/are apparently ignorant of?

18. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

LOL...you so funny, too bad you can't refute a thing I have put forth.
    so what about the references I mentioned from your own church that are contrary to what you have put forth here as well as the majority of Christendom's beliefs?

what about the JW stance on the resurrection and Jesus' divinity?
    still waiting for you to give me an answer that isn't just some fucking quote.
    go educate yourself on what your church actually holds as doctrine and then maybe I will be back, until then have a nice day Lorna.

19. Scratched

Scratched Members

Go back and read your own post before you smash mine! And then, answer the question. If you can...

20. thefutureawaits

thefutureawaits Members

I have not been impressed with this conversation. I think I will stick with what the bible says