For those who are open-minded

Discussion in 'Cannabis Activism' started by WillWorkForPeace27, Apr 18, 2007.

1. High_Times_w_Kumar

High_Times_w_Kumar Member

cuz pots amzing

2. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

umm...
    trying to make people better is futile. you just can't make them fit to whatever your mold of morality is. trying to make people better who live on the other side of the earth and don't give a flying fuck about you or your government is a quixotic idea.
    on the other hand, actually trying to influence domestic policy is something that you can do...

3. killswitchjd

killswitchjd Senior Member

quixotic

nice word

4. doom876

doom876 Member

First of all dipshit, it is fun and helps us explore our minds and helps me with my depression. Pot has not caused any suffering exept in the hands of dipshits, and when good smokers get in trouble for it when they are honest good people. Hell, some I know have went to prison for it! I want it legal for the enjoyment, the increase in spiritual awearness, so my friends and family dont get in trouble for it, so the economy grows from this wonderful cashcrop's uses and no more spending billions on drugwars, get many nonviolent drug offenders back out, and because finally it's a matter of fuckin hypocrasy and freedom! I want to be free to smoke, I dont want my government to fight a plant!

5. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

Notice how the original poster has nothing else to say...

6. Fallout55

Fallout55 Banned

All the bad effects stem from the fact that cannabis is illegal...

7. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Considering the health and psychological benefits, marijuana has to be the most useful psychoactive drugs on the planet. Through marijuana use, I went from being a superficial jock wannabe who was more concerned about lifting weights, making money, and picking up chicks than than anything else to someone who has left those trivial and narcissistic pursuits behind for a grander and more noble dream of creating a better more compassionate world for humanity.

This is why marijuana is important: it allowed me to harness the power of my overactive imagination. It allows me to step into a world of details and observe the universe around me in a new way, like child. I've learned so much since I first smoked pot a year ago, and I have an active interest in learning again. Marijuana has given me the focus and confidence to realize I have real power and talent, and I'm not a scatter brained failure who's destined to quit at everything he tries because he loses interest.

If you had the same experience I've had with marijuana, you'd want to pass it on to as many people as possible. I firmly believe that if the entire population of the planet smoked weed occasionally (once or twice a week), this planet would be a saner place to live.

And you know, pot probably doesn't effect other people in the same way that it has me (transformation from a borderline nihilist, to cherishing reality and understanding humanity in a more visual sense than ever before) but if it helps just 1/100 people as it did me, it deserves to be legalized, and legalized soon.

Marijuana may or may not have saved my life, but it surely guided my soul onto the path to recovery.

8. mortes

mortes Senior Member

Its funny that you post this here and talk about doing more important things. I challenge you to eat your fucking words, buy a goddamn plane ticket and go help the starving people. Sacrifice your life for theirs. You would be doing nothing then eh? Trade your time for others, people still die, it makes no difference.

Now I'm not saying that it's right for people to starve everyday, hell I hate it. I'm not telling anyone to give up their lives for other peoples though. Because no matter what people will still starve, you will still have to help people. That's the way this fucked up world works, people die, people starve, people get raped, then people smoke weed, have fun, learn bliss, and die still. I understand that for your age you can't do as much as if you were an adult, but that's still bullshit. If you really cared you wouldn't have even glanced at this forum, you'd be knee-deep in feces, bugs, and dirt helping the poor, but you aren't. You are sitting on your ass trying to "challenge" people to disagree with you.

You type out things and make it sound as if all of these worldly problems are new or different. They aren't! They've been the same forever.

Just so you know buying lance armstrong's bracelet's doesn't help anything. That's what you call sitting on your ass with a smug face thinking you are feeding poor kids. Enjoy life stop worrying.

9. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Things have been the same forever because we've been repeating the same foolish and selfish mistakes. But look! We've never before had a situation where the lower and middle class have the ability to obtain any knowledge forbidden to them by the oligarchy.

The internet changes everything. The spreading, sharing and formulation of new ideas has kicked into light speed. People are beginning to question authority in large numbers, and are smarter about how they go about doing it. The world is moving in a good direction. If you can't see the potential for change through the internet, I don't think we'll ever agree on much of anything.

It's all a matter of faith, and how much faith you put into humanity. I put more faith in humanity than most, because I believe we can live in freedom. The road to that freedom is self actualization, a place I can see but not visit yet. My main concern and goal is arriving at self actualization myself, where I can be in a position to really help this world.

The notion that is most overlooked and disregarded is that utopia is very possible, but only in a world populated by self actualized beings. We're a long way off from that reality, but that is the direction we need to travel, even if it takes us centuries.

You raise some good points on intellectualism vs. power. It is one thing to arrive at a solution and another to actually work towards it. Yet I believe that just pondering the worlds' problems and remaining hopeful, and voicing my true and heartfelt faith in the power of mankind, is a constructive and powerful action.

You're right, we aren't ready to give up our lives for the world, but we must begin a process of scaling back our own excesses while making an effort to learn to be more generous and empathic to our neighbors. Time is running out and the stakes are raised as we continue to develop our love embrace with ignorance via new instruments of war and oppression.

The raw materials need to construct Utopia are all around us. The catalyst for it all is self actualization. The process of becoming as human as we possible can, and not become enraptured by dangerous and contrived concepts like organized religion, unnecessary luxuries, television etc. These things provide comfort but waste our time and interfere with self actualization.

And self actualization really is that important. I don't think you or I have met many fully functional humans in our lives. Most of us are trying to just get there, whether we realize it or not. We do need a guide towards that place, and what the conservatives offer is more of the same, the perpetuation of a safely repressed society of wounded humans. The dreamers and the romantics at the very least possess a vision of what we can become, even if they might not accomplish it. We're flickering, candles in a windy night world, and every day some of us are extinguished and join the ranks of the ignorant, because it is easier.

I will hold out for a long as I can.

10. mortes

mortes Senior Member

I'd love for utopia to no longer become that and be reality, but you and I can't change that. I do realise that more and more are challenging authority, but it takes a long time for change to occur based on an underground group of individuals. It's hard to change things, and I don't disagree with you, but I definately disagree with the OP. I don't put very much faith in humanity. Too much money and selfishness runs through humans that won't just disappear when half of us start changing things. The business exec's will still only give a fuck about profit margins when we are slaving to feed and clothe bretheryn. I'd have hope, but I've seen too much bullshit to hope anymore. It's not lost, but for me its definately not a reality anytime soon.

11. WillWorkForPeace27

WillWorkForPeace27 Member

I agree with you that marijuana can be extremely helpful for those suffering from depression. This is a medical treatment that should be further tested. Also, for those with sleeping disorders, again it's a treatment that should be further tested. There are plenty of medical issues Marijuana could be useful treating with. I myself suffer from a sleeping disorder and have grown up with childhood depression, (great combo huh?) Currently I take six pills a day and my life has severely changed because of it. If there was an easier way to relax myself that could be used more infrequently, then I'm all for it. However, like you some of you said, pot can end up in the hands of dipshits, these are the people that give it a bad name, they use it in the wrong ways, and many times families and friends are torn apart. So if all of you are using it for clearly plausible needs then could we reach an agreement that Marijuana should definitly be legalized for an assortment of medical needs, but producing it for just anyone to use, and abuse, should be illegal? It sounds like many of you have vital needs for the drug so wouldn't you be much happier if your doctor could prescribe it to you and better yet, effectively help you manage your reasons for using it too?

and p.s.
    I do spend my summers helping daycare centers and medical clinics in the Yucatan Penninsula in Mexico. I know that I'm not helping EVERY single person suffering out there, but doesn't it count for something if you're just helping a few? Who knows what feats we could surpass if everyone lived with that type of outlook, it's just and idea and yes COMPLETELY off topic. However, it was mentioned that I should get a plane ticket and help, and I have.

12. SirTokesAlot

SirTokesAlot Lives

If there's anything worth fighting for, pot is defnatly one of them..

13. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Marijuana is beneficial for more than medicinal reasons though. The boost to creativity is very real. Just tonight I realized something private about myself that I never did before, and it's all because of marijuana. Pot can help most people who use it responsibly.

14. sohip19

sohip19 Member

sure legalizing pot shouldnt be our number one prioroty but that doesnt mean it isnt a priority. i think if everyone smoked weed then there wouldnt be all the genocide and raping. think about it. pot was something put on this earth and i will tell you it wasnt for no reason. you may not want to think it makes people relax to make your message clearer but you know it does. i mean yes i agree we should be trying to help out with everything thats going on right now in the world but hey, makin pot legal wont hurt anyone. and all the "negative" things that come from pot. like what? im curious...i think the only bad thing that comes from smokin pot is forgetting things here and there.

15. MastaSmiley

MastaSmiley Member

the pain brought by marijuana taht u speak of wasnt brought by marijuana, but brought by it being illegal.

16. thcinfectedhair

thcinfectedhair Member

the way our country almost has diminished in creativity we fucking need pot, when was the last time an amazing book like harry potter was made? someone thought of that shit in their head just like J.R.R. tolkien. half the shit in the world that is amazing was brought from pot, pot is EVERYWHERE the things you wear the things you use, simple things like shampoo. pot is in that. we use it so much but yet at the same time we all hate it. why!? I DONT FUCKIN KNOW! i smoke pot every day 2-3 times. only thing that i have discovered to be bad is it irritates your lungs and throat and it makes you stupid temperarily.
    yes it is all completely terrible as to what is happening in other countrys but the fact of the matter is its always been like that, back in the 70's vietnam was going on, think everyone was happy about that shit!? mostly i bring most of the blame to stupid ass repulican politicians..oddly enough when a demicrat is in office..were not in debt, not in the middle of a fucking war, and most people have more money and jobs..hmm..do we have that now? NOPE! took me fucking 8 months just to get a job at mcdonalds! at fucking 7.00 an hour and most of it gets taxed anyway. so fuck politicians man its their fault they are the ones running this country...
    but at the same time..who are the ass holes that VOTED them in thats what i wanna know..fucking dumb ass red neck faggot ass hicks.

17. hanna420

hanna420 Member

the thing that pisses me off is that noone knows the exact problem with marijuana. some people believe it can harm you and others dont.
    we need hard facts on the whole situation.
    i mean, i've never heard of anyone dying from smoking weed, but yet you hear about people dying from lung cancer caused by smoking cigarettes everyday. and people getting ahold of guns and causing terror among society.
    some people are so worried that legalizing marijuana will make our world terrible. well look around, isnt it already? weed was once not illegal, obviously, but where are all the terrible stories about it? thats because there are none.
    there are soo many more harmful things in the world then weed.
    i mean come on. if it was sooo bad then why do other countries use it. its also used for medicinal purposes.
    but just like everything else. our government would take over and put taxes on it and forbid it to be homegrown because they wouldnt get there cut of the money.

18. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

dude i understand what youre saying, but i dont think its really a relative arguement: wanting ot legalize weed has nothing ot do with one caring about other causes simultaneously: i for one work for amnesty international and do much community work at home in the US, and formed an environmental club at my school with a good friend and established a recycling program at the high school....im not trying mto brag, im just trying to say that i dont think that since pot isnt as important that it shouldnt be fought to be legalized.
    I also agree that its sad if someone claims that they need pot to help them create and be creative: thats dependence, and its sad if you hafta depend on that. but at the same time, it definitely does influence my art. I love painting and drawing and sketching sober, most of hte time I do that, it is sober, but I also do lotsa art stoned nad its fun to explore. I dont think being stoned helps me paint better or worse at all. but its sometimes a nice state of mind to be in while painting, you get wha tim saying?

19. AncientHippie

AncientHippie Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

So the society in The Netherlands is full of stupidity?
    How do you account for the fact that we have a bigger drug abuse problem than they do?

20. Share the Warmth

Share the Warmth Member

Legalizing pot is the simplest step this country can take towards healing itself. We have the strength and intellect but our wisdom is sorely lacking.

Smoking marijuana responsibly, and with the intention of mind expansion, is one of the quickest paths towards wisdom that the common man can take.

We need to get our shit straight, and we need it that way now! Meditation alone takes too long to learn for the average person. Some help IS needed to get us out of this deeply entrenched feeling of disconnection from the earth, and this plant is here to help us.

Marijuana as an aid to enlightenment makes much more sense to me than religion. I mean: "Whatever this book tells me to believe about you is the truth! You don't know what you're doing, but I do, so do what I say now!" Organized religion is all about control and holding power over others while marijuana, when smoked with the right meditative mindset, is about self liberation.

Which option do you prefer, a world of creative thinkers who constantly push the boundaries of human limitation, physically, psychologically, and spiritually, or a world of ignorant drones who are barely even alive?